The simFlight Network Forums

FS2CREW - assigning FS Controls to joystick buttons

Hello Mr. Dowson, I recently installed FS2CREW for the LevelD 767. The main and secondary commands require joystick buttons to be assigned to the 'Increase Decision Height (Concorde)' and 'Marker Beacon Ident On/Off' controls within FS9. I have looked at the range of commands listed under FS CONTROLS in FSUIPC (Registered) - and cannot find the relevant entries so that I can make the assignment (Incr Dec Height is there but I can find nothing for the Marker Beacon Ident - unless given a different name). So, I am wondering if there is some way to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Simon (YSSY)

I recently installed FS2CREW for the LevelD 767. The main and secondary commands require joystick buttons to be assigned to the 'Increase Decision Height (Concorde)' and 'Marker Beacon Ident On/Off' controls within FS9. I have looked at the range of commands listed under FS CONTROLS in FSUIPC (Registered) - and cannot find the relevant entries

The names in FSUIPC are the internal control names assigned by FS itself, but those wordings I think you'll find are directly quoted from FS's own list of joystick button assignments. Obviously the FS2CREW folks were trying to make it dead easy for you to assign these by giving the precise instructions for assigning them in FS.

Off-hand I don't know what the true internal name is for 'Increase Decision Height (Concorde)' -- or at least not why it is special for Concorde -- there are only

INCREASE DECISION HEIGHT

DECREASE DECISION HEIGHT

but maybe the fact that they were only implemented on the Concorde explains why they seem to do nothing.

The Marker sound toggle control is called (possibly obscurely?)

MARKER SOUND TOGGLE

If you really want to use FSUIPC for assigning the FS supported controls rather than use FS itself, then you should find the List of FS2004 Controls, packaged with FSUIPC, useful -- you could do searches on key words. This is how I found those above -- searching for DECISION and MARKER, respectively.

So, I am wondering if there is some way to resolve this issue?

I think the FS2CREW folks tried to make it very simple for you, maybe too simple as it turns out? ;-)

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

FS2CREW did make it simple! Alas, I have to take responsibility for making things more complex. To explain I also use CH Products (yoke, pedals and TQ) - and have programmed some maps for various aircraft including the LevelD 767. Making changes directly to the FS assignment settings seems to undo various entries I have made (using the CH manager) to the FS9 devices.cfg file. Thus, the benefit of being able to make the FS2CREW assignments using FSUIPC. I think your advice will probably solve the problem - will let you know how I go.

Regards

Simon