The simFlight Network Forums

Landing Gear Problem

I'm starting out on FSX using my old PM stuff. When I shut down the battery, the landing gear retracts, which creates a big problem on the ground. The airplane skids forever and then catches fire. I'm not making this up. Any ideas?

There's no connection that I know of between the two events in FSX, nor in any of my software, and it certainly doesn't happen here. It sounds very much like you have some button or keypress assigned for two different things.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your quick response, Pete.

I just took my whole arrangement from previous FS--including all of PM and pmSystems--and transferred it to FSX. Apparently, the transfer to FSX isn't straight across.

The button I push to turn off the battery actually clears a bit in x66C7, which then does other things in addition to turning off the battery (not all of them I remember right off). I guess I have to look at them one at a time to see what they've changed for FSX. Your monitoring facility in FSUPIC will be a marvelous help in doing that.

As I start, I'm wondering if the list of available memory you point out in the old FSUPIC is still "available" in FSX. I wonder if you have a list of memory I can play with without fear of conflict with any other software. I actually only need 32 bytes or so.

Second, do you have hard information about the new FSX offsets. I'm using the old list.

Finally, do you know of a utility that can monitor many offsets at the same time? That would really help!

The process begins... I'm grateful for your help.

Thanks!

Warm regards,

David

The button I push to turn off the battery actually clears a bit in x66C7, which then does other things in addition to turning off the battery (not all of them I remember right off). I guess I have to look at them one at a time to see what they've changed for FSX. Your monitoring facility in FSUPIC will be a marvelous help in doing that.

66C7 is a "private use" offset, so it's down to what you wanted to use it for. I'd be interested to know what difference you've found between FS9 and FSX there, though -- maybe it is something I should deal with in FSUIPC.

As I start, I'm wondering if the list of available memory you point out in the old FSUPIC is still "available" in FSX.

Yes, as long as you've not been trying to use stuff below 4000 which may have been re-allocated. Check the current allocations as listed in the SDK document available in the FSX downloads above.

Second, do you have hard information about the new FSX offsets. I'm using the old list.

See the FSX downloads announcement above. That's where all the updates are provided.

Finally, do you know of a utility that can monitor many offsets at the same time? That would really help!

FsInterrogate2 is provided in the FSUIPC SDK just for that purpose, of course. If follows FSInterrogate 1 which was released years before! ;-)

Regards

Pete