The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic X aircrafts with low resolution!

Maybe you mean this: I had the same problem getting the highest resolution textures to appear on the models even though I had selected the "quality" model in the .cfg file. I had to set the texture resolution to highest quality before FSX would load the 1024x1024 textures to the planes.

Hi,

Thanks BadDog73...you are absolutely right. The model.cfg file has a "normal=" parameter which determines whether the performance or quality models are being used. For models prior to the MD80s, the schema was to have an x for performance and no x for quality. So for example:

"normal=B735x" implies the performance model is being used.

"normal=B735" implies the quality model is being used.

Hi,

I´ve seen that the MD80´s models have two file optios inside the Model´s archive: one with PERFORMANCE written and other with QUALITY. Well, by default, the aircrafts in MTX are installed in performance models, right? Do I only have to put an "x" at that line to make quality models, even without any configuration file???

I don´t know if you have understood, but I´ll try an "x"...... and tell you!

Thanks a lot.... :D

The default install should have an x at most aircrafts. One of the design principles of MTX 5.0 was to achive the same fps as stock FSX, with twice the number of planes around you. This could be achieved this way - and when it was achieved it was good.

Anyway, depending on where you are at most places of the world there are only few models around you in masses, and these dominate the frames. As example the E145 dominates Newark, the 737-800 Stansted.

The default install should have an x at most aircrafts. One of the design principles of MTX 5.0 was to achive the same fps as stock FSX, with twice the number of planes around you. This could be achieved this way - and when it was achieved it was good.

Anyway, depending on where you are at most places of the world there are only few models around you in masses, and these dominate the frames. As example the E145 dominates Newark, the 737-800 Stansted.

Hmm, i thought quality models were installed by default. So, if i just want to have quality models i have to take off the x's of all those model.cfg files one by one or we have some automated process (batch?) to set all models to quality?

Thanks.

I strongly do not recommend to change all models to the high resolution ones - hardware that can run them under FSX with acceptable performance will not be available before FSXI comes out. Concentrate on your favorite models.

According to some public blogs, Microsoft is working on an update fo FSX to improve performance. What will bein it will be defined by end of this month, so it can come out in early summer. Than definition of the DX10 patch will follow, and this may be available by end of the year.

I will follow this. The "batch" to make a general switch between models will be a simple install of hundred model.cfgs, when I have the feedback that there are spare cycles available I can make it very fast, but currently I know nobody who is really happy with FSX performance.

For some tests, I moved to SCIP now. The easter islands - the most lonely place on this planet. With all sliders to the right I get 12 fps there :cry: . At least, I can look at some things thast are impossible elsewhere.