The simFlight Network Forums

Conflict with PSS A330 key assignment

hi,

I use a PSS A330 model and I have some control assignments. For example I assign "A" to select the autobrake with the panel control of PSS.

I would like to set a bit with an free offset (to turn on a led for ex) when I press "A" on the keyboard.

In this case, the key assignment in FSUIPC is not running. It seems that the PSS key assignment block the key assignment in FSUIPC.

Do you know this problem ?

I have a 3.53 FSUIPC registred version

Thanks

In this case, the key assignment in FSUIPC is not running. It seems that the PSS key assignment block the key assignment in FSUIPC.

Do you know this problem ?

No, but any program can assign hot keys which will override anthing else. In the end it depends on the order -- FSUIPC will inevitable be setting its hooks for the keys before an aircraft panel, so when the latter assigns its keys they'll override FSUIPC's. It's a "last one wins" situation.

I'm afraid the only answer is to re-assign the key in the PSS aircraft. If it won't let you do that you need to find another key.

I have a 3.53 FSUIPC registred version

That version is now 13 months old and long unsupported. You should really think about updating it -- current version is 3.72.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I indeed want upgrade my FSUIPC version, but I don't want to have trouble with my simulator, but I try to do that.

Is it the same number for the licence?

Yes, but you don't have to re-enter it. Updating FSUIPC versions is only a matter of copying in the new FSUIPC.DLL to the FS Modules folder. Nothing else changes, your settings and registration stay intact.

Regards

Pete