The simFlight Network Forums
rvc

Error code when loading FSX

What did I do wrong? I just purchased My Traffic FSX and installed it and when I try to load FSX I get the following error message:

"There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names.

A10 MyPaint00

My Traffic\aircraft\A10MX"

I am unable to run FSX. Not sure what I did wrong to cause this. Thank you.

Hi,

Apparently you already had an aircraft with the same "title" in your inventory before My Traffic was installed, in this case an A10. You can check this as follows: Open Windows Explorer and in FSX\MyTraffic\aircraft search for the A10 folder and then open the aircraft.cfg. There you will find a line that says "Title=", followed by a text. This text is apparently exactly the same as the definition (title) of another A10 in your FSX\Simobjects\airplanes directory. If you want to keep the A10 you already have, I suggest you change its title (also in its aircraft.cfg file). Another option is to delete the A10 folder in My Traffic, but that has the obvious consequence that no A10's will appear in MT. Hope to have helped you.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I should have explained myself better then I did. Actually, I am getting this error message for every "MyPaint00

My Traffic\aircraft\" that My Traffic has installed, not just the one I sited. I have no idea what caused this to happen and was hoping someone could tell me how to correct this obvious error on my part. I would appreciate any ideas as to why this happened.

Please check you fsx.cfg file. Most likely you have the simObjects.x=MyTraffic\aircraft entry in there twice. Remove one of them.

I found out why I was getting the double entry and error message. After initially installing the program I started FSX up, closed it out and went to make the "SimObjectPath.6=SimObjects\Misc" and found it already entered. Thinking it was from another program I entered it as number 7. When I deleted it the error message went away. However, now I cannot seem to get any A1 aircraft to appear. I keep getting "The Extension cfg is not allowed" here on the forum when I try to attach the files you requested. I do not know what to do now to get you the files.

Have you had a chance to look at the files I uploaded as you requested, as it is I have no A1 planes in FSX at all, thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to reply.

I check FSX.cfg, this looks OK now, same for the scenery.cfg.

What I saw there is that you have another AI addon installed, which to my knowledge is still in FS9 format. This forces FSX to emulate FS9 traffic and switches off FSX traffic. Can this be the case?

Well, I really don't know if there would be a conflict or not. I was hoping you could tell me that, but I believe I do have another small add on installed. I will try to eliminate it and see if that is the cause.

OK, I found another A1 program installed, I deleted it and now when I run FSX I still do not have any A1 planes. Do you think I should reinstall My Traffic now or would that create a problem?

I checked and there were (3) other traffic files in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder:

trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

trafficBoats.bgl

trafficCarriers1.bgl

I removed all three of them and I still do not have any A1. I do not know where to go from here.

I wish I could look into your system.

What are the sympton, with airliner and GA traffic enabled at 100%?

Do you have ABSOLUTELY NO AI traffic, or only very few GA planes?

If you rename scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive ( which contains the stock MS AI traffic of Landmark etc.) back to trafficAircraft.bgl, do you get Landmark back?

When you place yourself to ETAR as airport, do you get the choice of mil_cargo and mil_combat parkings?

What is the size of the MyTRaffic\scenery folder in MB? Does it contain large bgl files name MyTrafficline.bgl etc?

Do you refer to the Simmarket version or the Aerosoft version?

You see, I do need as much information as possible to isolate the problem.

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. What are the sympton, with airliner and GA traffic enabled at 100%?

Answer: No A1 traffic at all with both enabled at 100%

2. Do you have ABSOLUTELY NO AI traffic, or only very few GA planes?

Answer: Again, I have no A1 traffic

3. If you rename scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive ( which contains the stock MS AI traffic of Landmark etc.) back to trafficAircraft.bgl, do you get Landmark back?

Answer: No, I renamed that file and still have no A1 traffic

4. When you place yourself to ETAR as airport, do you get the choice of mil_cargo and mil_combat parkings?

Answer: No, I do not have any A1 at ETAR

5. What is the size of the MyTRaffic\scenery folder in MB? Does it contain large bgl files name MyTrafficline.bgl etc?

Answer: Total in file 149MB (156,943,508 bytes) includes AF2 files

Bgl files are : MyTrafficcargo,bgl

MyTrafficclosed.bgl

MyTrafficglobal.bgl

MyTrafficline.bgl

MyTrafficMil.bgl

MyTrafficown.bgl

6. Do you refer to the Simmarket version or the Aerosoft version?

Answer: I have Simmarket version

Hope this answers all your questions. Thanks again.

Point 3 is interesting. If even the stock AI traffic does not work, after renamed back to the .bgl, this means that everything with MyTraffic can be correct as it should, and some other addon can force FSX back into FS9 mode, or some settings disable the stock AI traffic.

4. When you place yourself to ETAR as airport, do you get the choice of mil_cargo and mil_combat parkings?

Answer: No, I do not have any A1 at ETAR

Please just add the info if you do see the parkings when selecting the airport, this is the best way to determine if eveything is OK with the scenery library settings. If this is the case, I would do the following steps next:

Ensure trafficAircaft.bgl is in scenery\world\scenery, and has a size of about 22 MB.

Start FSX, and in scenery library disable ALL addons including MyTraffic. End FSX. Goto to the %allusersprofile%\application data\Microsoft\FSX\scenery\SceneryIndexes folder and delete all the indexes you find there.

Start FSX again, it will set up the indexes from scratch. Since no addon is involved, now you should see the stock AI traffic, if you haven't disabled it through a few settings, and if no other action has crippled FSX beyond repair. At least now I would concentrate on getting the stock AI traffic back.

If you do see Landmark etc now, enable MyTraffic as scenery. You should see the MyTraffic traffic now, plus the Landmark. Next step would be to rename trafficAircaft.bgl back to trafficAircaft.bgl.passive, to get rid of Landmark, and to switch on the other addons one after the other.

If you do not see Landmark with the stock FSX only, try the following: You have three AI traffic sliders, two in the display section, one in the traffic toolbox. Move all three of them to enforce their settings to be written, and toggle the check boxes for the same purpose.

If this still does not help, please send the three files again AFTER all these changes, I have little hope this helps and you can avoid a new FSX install, but hope dies latest.

One thing I realized is you mentioned a slider in the traffic toolbox. When I try to open the traffic toobox menu in FSX the screen goes black, when I hit enter on my keyboard it goes back to FSX. Maybe the fact that I do not have the toolbox functioning causes the problem. Also, I do not completely understand what the traffic toolbox is all about and what initiated that program.

"It goes black" sounds like you are running FSX in full screen mode. The traffic explorer is a window application and as such you would need to run FSX in windowed mode by holding the alt key down and tapping the enter key. It's a toggle so you can do it again to get back to full screen.

Mike

4B8

Thanks a lot, didn't know that. At least now I know a little more about FSX I didn't know before, appreciate it.

Thanks for the advise Burkhard, you finally hit the nail on the head, it was another traffic.bgl that was located in my Addon Scenery that was causing the problem. I removed it and now I have all the traffic I can handle. Thank you so much for your help and patience. Great addon.

Fortunately it is the same problem most of the times. traffic.bgl sounds like an FS8 file, that will already have created bizarr AI effects in FS9. Fine this one is solved. So to my knowledge the empty EDDF still is the only unsolved problem?

If you mean the ETAR, I am not sure what you meant by "mil_cargo and mil_combat parkings". There are both cargo and military planes parked there but I did not see where an option asking which one you wanted or am I not understanding your question? As you recall, I did not have any planes at ETAR at all before, now I do. Does that explain where I stand now?

When you place yourself to an airport, you can do either to a start location, or to a parking location. With default FSX, ETAR shows no parkings at all, all you can set is the runway. With MyTraffic scenery working, you get the choixce of military parkings - and that was the question, a simple test if MyTraffic scenery is functional.

OK, now I understand what you are asking me. Yes, when I go to ETAR I do have the choice of parking now. Thanks for clearifying that for me.