The simFlight Network Forums

[FS9] FSUIPC makes visibility unchangable

Hello everybody,

I have a strange Problem:

It is not possible for me to have a low visibility or fog in die FS9. So I have tested a few things:

First of all I tried do load the fs-default-fog weather. Everything is set, QNH, Clouds, dew point, Temperature, but the visibilty stays. I can see the horizon. :( When using an external program like FSMeteo or FSMetar it'a also the same. Everything is set, but the visibility not.

So I tried a few things which I have seen here in this forum.

-First I deleted FSUIPC (well i renamed it :wink: ) and started the FS. Suddenly fog and low visibility (lv) were possible. Canceling FS, putting FSUIPC back to business and starting FS, fog and lv were not possible any more. so it seems FSUIPC is making the problem

-then i deleted the fs9.cfg and the fsuipc.ini before restart of fs - no solution...

- next i deleted all the ****.wx and****.flt files, maybe the default-flight-weather is the reason for the problem. again, no solution.

Well, here I am in this board. I hope someone can help me.

Alwas flying in the same visibility is not very nice!

Have a nice weekend!

Julius

-First I deleted FSUIPC (well i renamed it :wink: ) and started the FS. Suddenly fog and low visibility (lv) were possible. Canceling FS, putting FSUIPC back to business and starting FS, fog and lv were not possible any more. so it seems FSUIPC is making the problem

There's no other such reports, and the weather facilities in FSUIPC have not been changed for many versions.

Is this with a registered copy of FSUIPC or not? And what version of FSUIPC?

Are you sure you have no other add-ons (or add-ins) which are making use of FSUIPC? Unless you are a registered user and specifically select one of the weather options it does not actually touch much, though you could try pressing the "minimum weather" button on the first (About) Tab in the FSUIPC options.

The prime purpose of FSUIPC is as a conduit for other programs, gauges and DLLs, which can change these things whether or not your are registered and independently of your option settings. Obviously, if this were the case, that wouldn't happen if you stopped FSUIPC loading.

More information is needed please. Assuming everything is okay with regard to the above questions, and you are using the latest version (3.72), possibly an FSUIPC.LOG with Weather Logging enabled may throw some light on what is going on. (See the Logging tab in FSUIPC options).

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

first of all thanks for your reply and your support.

According to other problems i had with the FS i decided to reinstall the complete fs with all Addons including the registered FSUIPC.

Everything works fine now!

Well, I'm sorry for not trying to solve the problem with your ideas first, but now everything is working good an I'm happy!

Have a very nice weekend!

Julius H.