The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Connection Check-Version of FSUIPC is insufficient 0.000

I have the registered version of FSUIPC and I have Precision Flight hardware.

I upgraded FSUIPC from 3.70 to 3.72 by replacing the FSUIPC.dll file only and I get the following error during the PFC Connection Check:

"PFC Connection Check - Version FSUIPC is insufficient 0.000"

I get this error everytime I upgrade. I'm then forced to delete my registration key for FSUIPC and the .ini files for FSUIPC and PFC and it then works after I re-register. I can then put back my original .ini files and I'm back in business without having to redo my setup for FSUIPC or PFC.

Is this normal? Am I doing it wrong? I would think I could just replace the FSUIPC.dll file with the newer one and it should work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I always get it working, but it is a hassle. Thanks!

I have the registered version of FSUIPC and I have Precision Flight hardware.

I upgraded FSUIPC from 3.70 to 3.72 by replacing the FSUIPC.dll file only and I get the following error during the PFC Connection Check:

"PFC Connection Check - Version FSUIPC is insufficient 0.000"

It sounds like the DLL's signature verification for FSUIPC 3.72 isn't working. Can you show me the FSUIPC log please?

And I also need to know the version number of the PFC.DLL.

I get this error everytime I upgrade.

Erwhat do you mean? Everytime you've moved from, say, 3.00 to 3.01 then to 3.02 etc etc? How many times have you upgraded? I need to understand. And if this has been happening for myears, why not mention it before?

I'm then forced to delete my registration key for FSUIPC and the .ini files for FSUIPC and PFC and it then works after I re-register. I can then put back my original .ini files and I'm back in business without having to redo my setup for FSUIPC or PFC.

Hmmm. I certainly don't understand that. Neither FSUIPC nor PFC have any "memory" other than what's in those files, so if the files are made the same as they were, then the same problem, exactly, should ensue.

If it isn't due to the verification checks (the main change in 3.72), which will be obvious from the Log file, then it may be a timing problem, with the PFC.DLL trying to start before FSUIPC is ready. That may just change slightly with a different order of files, but it seems unlikely.

I need more information, please.

Is this normal? Am I doing it wrong? I would think I could just replace the FSUIPC.dll file with the newer one and it should work.

Yes, it should, and it does here and always has. I am not sure why it has ALWAYS been different on your system -- every time you've replaced an older FSUIPC with a newer one? It makes little sense to me at present, but please clarify these things and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Regards

Pete

It sounds like the DLL's signature verification for FSUIPC 3.72 isn't working. Can you show me the FSUIPC log please?

Unfortunately I deleted the log that might of had any errors in it when I reinstalled and re-registered FSUIPC. When it happens I delete all ini/log/key files. That seems to be the only way I can get the check to pass. I attached the current log if it is of any use.

And I also need to know the version number of the PFC.DLL."

It has happened with 1.92 and 2.10

Erwhat do you mean? Everytime you've moved from, say, 3.00 to 3.01 then to 3.02 etc etc? How many times have you upgraded? I need to understand. And if this has been happening for myears, why not mention it before?.

Happens anytime I replace the FSUIPC.dll with a newer one. This time I went from 3.70 to 3.72 and the last time I went from 3.65 to 3.70. I started noticing it when you added the verification checks in the PFC.dll.

I usually try to upgrade whenever you have a new version out there.

I've never mentioned it before because I've aways been able to get it working by blowing away the ini/log/registration files and starting fresh. I've kept an eye on the forum but never ran across others having this issue so I figured it was isolated to my system.

I need more information, please.

Hopefully this helps. Not really a big deal. I get it working. I realize having the log files from when the error ocurred would be of more use. We can revisit next time I come across the issue and I will save the log files this time.

Unfortunately I deleted the log that might of had any errors in it when I reinstalled and re-registered FSUIPC. When it happens I delete all ini/log/key files. That seems to be the only way I can get the check to pass. I attached the current log if it is of any use.

I'm afraid it isn't attached. But I still don't understand. "When it happens" = only when updating FSUIPC versions? Never any other time?

Happens anytime I replace the FSUIPC.dll with a newer one. This time I went from 3.70 to 3.72 and the last time I went from 3.65 to 3.70. I started noticing it when you added the verification checks in the PFC.dll.

So you are saying it happened twice only so far? It sounds like it is down to the order of files in the folder. This is very strange.

I usually try to upgrade whenever you have a new version out there.

But only twice so far?

I've never mentioned it before because I've aways been able to get it working by blowing away the ini/log/registration files and starting fresh.

I simply cannot imagine what is going on there, then, except possibly the fact of no INI or KEY file changes the start-up timing as FSUIPC and PFC are kloading and initialising. However, after the first run, when you have the files re-established, you should be in exactly the same boat as when you first tried the updated DLL -- it seems to me that there cannot be any difference then as all the files are then exactly as they were when it 'failed'!

I've kept an eye on the forum but never ran across others having this issue so I figured it was isolated to my system.

Well, so far it certainly seems to be, and I'm afraid I cannot even hazard a guess as to what is happening.

I realize having the log files from when the error ocurred would be of more use. We can revisit next time I come across the issue and I will save the log files this time.

Okay. Thank you!

Regards

Pete

I did a little experimenting and I figured out what is happening.

After FS2004 is done displaying the message box about "Loading Scenery", "Loading Terrain", etc., the menu bar of FS2004 becomes enabled and I can see the "PFC Connection Check" menu option on the FS2004 menu bar.

If I click on the "PFC Connection Check" menu option before the "PFC Control Connection Check" window appears, I get the error "Version of FSUIPC is insufficient: 0.000" when the "PFC Control Connection Check" window does appear.

It happens everytime I select the menu option to display the connection checks window.

If I let the window appear on its own, all checks pass and I do not get the error. It seems that I would only try to select that menu option after doing an upgrade of FSUIPC.

I attached a zip file wth the PFC.log and FSUIPC.log files. I turned some logging on for fsuipc.

Not a big deal. If I'm patient the checks all pass. Try it yourself and see if you get the same thing. I wonder if I uncovered something. Thanks!

Jonathan Clay

Des Moines, Iowa

logs.zip

After FS2004 is done displaying the message box about "Loading Scenery", "Loading Terrain", etc., the menu bar of FS2004 becomes enabled and I can see the "PFC Connection Check" menu option on the FS2004 menu bar.

Ahit is only supposed to be there for a fleeting moment. The keypresses to select it are sent at the same time it is added. If you are seeing it for long it means FS is so busy then that the keypresses sent are still queued.

If I click on the "PFC Connection Check" menu option before the "PFC Control Connection Check" window appears, I get the error "Version of FSUIPC is insufficient: 0.000" when the "PFC Control Connection Check" window does appear.

Yesthat is quite likely. Though it shouldn't simply be related to the installation of a new version of FSUIPC -- I still cannot make sense of that.

I'll have a look to see if I can delay the menu addition from PFC.DLL until things look less busy, though that's rather difficult to judge programmatically.

It may seem an odd way to do things, but I found going via the Menu the only way to get the Check dialogue reliably displayed on top of the FS Window when it is in Full Screen mode. If I try to just display it directly, then whether is shows above or below the FS full-screen seems uncontrollable, depending on timing, video drivers, and so on. This is even using "bring window to top" and other Windows facilities. I think it's to do with the use of DirectX painting since FS2004.

If I let the window appear on its own, all checks pass and I do not get the error. It seems that I would only try to select that menu option after doing an upgrade of FSUIPC.

Okaybest not to, please. It isn't intended to be used manually. Maybe I should just display "." or something rather than the name. By clicking it it seems you are somehow selecting it before FSUIPC is ready. I'm not sure how that is possible -- but it will be related to Windows Message queues I think.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to make it less likely to happen.

Regards

Pete

You said...."Though it shouldn't simply be related to the installation of a new version of FSUIPC -- I still cannot make sense of that."

Just to clarify, I think I confused the issue by saying it only occurs during an upgrade of FSUIPC. I said that because it was only after an upgrade of FSUIPC that would I be impatient and click on the "PFC Connection Check" menu option and then receive the error. Bad assumption on my part.

Hopefully this clears it up. Thanks!