The simFlight Network Forums

Registering FSUIPC4 and WideFS

Hello

I dont know if I understand this correctly:

FSUIPC4 includes WideFS 7?

To use FSUIPC4 with WideFS 7 I have to by WideFS 6 to use the Wideclient from this one?

I have received the registration key for both the FSUIPC4 and the WideFS 6!

The reistration of FSUIPC4 is approved, but not for the WideFS!

What do I do wrong?

Rune Iversen, Norway

I dont know if I understand this correctly:

FSUIPC4 includes WideFS 7?

Well, not all of it. The code of FSUIPC4.DLL includes the WideServer module for WideFS7, which used to be a separate DLL. All this does is save you placing another DLL into the FSX modules folder. It makes things a little more efficient and saves some space.

As far a product identity is concerned, FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 are distinct, just as FSUIPC3 and WideFS6 are.

To use FSUIPC4 with WideFS 7 I have to by WideFS 6 to use the Wideclient from this one?

No, you buy WideFS7. The purchase gives you an access key to unlock WideFS in FSUIPC4. Only the Client (WideClient) is the same for all versions of FS, and that needs no key or unlocking.

I have received the registration key for both the FSUIPC4 and the WideFS 6!

Ah. You cannot use the WideFS6 key for FSX.

What do I do wrong?

I'm not sure. Forget to read the instructions, perhaps? You can buy FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 together for a much lower price than the two together. Did you not see all this on SimMarket?

It is always best to download the programs and read the user instructions first. It also helps to decide whether you actually need them. Folks have purchased WideFS before, actually thinking it was something different -- for example WidevieW.

Even if you didn't read the instructions on SimMarket, where you buy these things, or use the short-cut buttons from the download site to get to the correct purchase place, I find it hard to imagine how you made this mistake. Perhaps you can appeal to SimMarket to replace it. It is all handled by them. You would have to raise a problem ticket I think.

Regards

Pete