The simFlight Network Forums

Lost Key

Hello again Pete!

About 6-8 months ago I purchased your excellent FSUIPC module. AT the time you helped me out because I got 2 module headings in the menu, but then it worked as advertised.

I recently suffered an unrecoverable hard drive crash on my laptop. I have bought a new PC, installed FSX and your module. Unfortunately my FSUIPC key is locked inside a totally dead laptop.

I would be grateful if you could resend my key.

Many thanks,

Wayne White

winsaudi@hotmail.co.uk

Frank,

I have found a back up of the email with my key. The trouble now is that when I enter it (I have used cut & paste to avoid typos) I get the message "Sorry, this key is not valid for FSUIPC registration".

Can you help me?

Wayne

I have found a back up of the email with my key. The trouble now is that when I enter it (I have used cut & paste to avoid typos) I get the message "Sorry, this key is not valid for FSUIPC registration".

All three parts you enter must be 100% right. Cut and paste all three -- name, email and Key -- from the Email to avoid errors. Many of these problems arise from folks never spelling their names the same twice in a row! ;-)

Pete

Hello Pete,

I have tried cut and paste and still I get "Sorry, this key is not valid for FSUIPC registration."

When it worked on my laptop, last August I think, I had Windows XP but I am now using Vista. On the laptop it was FS2004 ACOF, I now have FSX. Could either of these changes cause the problem?

Finally, I know you regularly tweak FSUIPC, but have there been any major changes since last summer than might mean my key only works in an older version of your module?

Thanks for your time, Wayne

On the laptop it was FS2004 ACOF, I now have FSX. Could either of these changes cause the problem?

Oh dear. FSX needs FSUIPC4. It is an entirely new version. Your FSUIPC3 key is not valid for FSUIPC4.

Finally, I know you regularly tweak FSUIPC, but have there been any major changes since last summer than might mean my key only works in an older version of your module?

Yes. FSX has necessitated a complete re-write. FSUIPC4 was not released until FSX was released. It is not the same program. Please do read some of the Announcements and follow some of the links in the documentation.

After you purchase your new key, be sure to read the Installation and Registration sections of the FSUIPC4 user guide. For Vista you may have to do the registration in "Run As Administrator" mode, even if you are the Administrator.

Regards

Pete