The simFlight Network Forums

GFDisplay: Math Functions

Pete,

I have been using GFDisplay for (among other things) my GF-166 to display COM/NAV and DME information.

I installed your newest version and now the neither the 7 segment displays or the LEDs on all of my GF-166s are working. I don't use a GF-45, but I have RP-45 units and the LEDs work normally. Nothing else changed in my configuration and when I install the previous version of the software the 166s work fine.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Phil

I installed your newest version and now the neither the 7 segment displays or the LEDs on all of my GF-166s are working. I don't use a GF-45, but I have RP-45 units and the LEDs work normally. Nothing else changed in my configuration and when I install the previous version of the software the 166s work fine.

Any thoughts?

No, sorry. I've not made any changes other than the ones discussed above, and the different GF units are not treated any differently from each other. Certainly nothing that has been changed goes anywhere near LED indicators in any case.

I'm afraid I have no way to debug these things as I don't have any GF displays. If there's nothing you needed out of the newer version, I'd stick to your earlier one if I were you. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

Well, I was hoping that the issue you addressed in this version would have fixed the minor problem that I was experiencing with the DME display in that the displays (Time to Station and Distance to Station) would not update as regular as they should the closer one got to the VOR (which if you are doing it correctly, you should be making smaller corrections).

I guess I will go back to the ealier version and if I have some time, see if I can narrow down the issue with this newer version.

Well, I was hoping that the issue you addressed in this version would have fixed the minor problem that I was experiencing with the DME display in that the displays (Time to Station and Distance to Station) would not update as regular as they should the closer one got to the VOR (which if you are doing it correctly, you should be making smaller corrections).

Well, they aren't updated by FS as fast as they could be, and the DME values are actually provided in FSUIPC as strings, rather than as floating point values, so the change I made may not actually have any affect -- though it depends on which offsets you are using. Can you show me the INI file, maybe that may give me a clue?

if I have some time, see if I can narrow down the issue with this newer version.

Perhaps you can, as a test, try the same values we were dealing with earlier -- i.e. the heading (gyro or whiskey compass, it doesn't matter which).

The main puzzling thing in your report is that the LEDs don't work, which is in such a separate part of the code (compared to the little bit I've been changing) that it isn't really making sense to me at present. Sorting out whether the difference is the UNIT (166 vs 46) or value type (floating point like the headings vs. other types) would be a help to start with.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

I "forced" the displays on (I removed the conditional evaluations) for the 166s to verify that they work with the new version of GFDisplay and that they display the offsets correctly. This worked fine: the radio frequencies displayed correctly and the LED worked as well.

For my test, I forced one of my 166s to display COM1 active and standby frequencies (I use the left and right buttons on the 166 to switch between COM1 and COM2 via FSUIPC). When COM1 is selected I can change the frequencies and swap the active and standy. When I select the COM2 button, none of the displays update when I attempt to change frequencies or try to swap active and standby.

When I copy version 1.10 of GFDisplay back into the system, everything seems to work fine. So it would seem that the issue seems to be related to conditional evaluations for the displays.

I am including a section of my INI file that includes the conditions and the subsequent evaluations. To keep things simple, I am only including the COM Radio section (the NAV is much more complicated).

; COM

10=X66C8 U16=0 ;Display COM1

11=X66C8 U16=1 ;Display COM2

[GF166.0]

; COM Radio

Needs=E B A

D0.1=C10 X034E R2 ;COM1

D0.2=C11 X3118 R2 ;COM2

D1.1=C10 X311A R2 ;COM1 sby

D1.2=C11 X311C R2 ;COM2 sby

L1.1=C10 1 ;Left LED lit for COM1

L2.1=C11 1 ;Right LED lit for COM2