The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Multiplayer

Hey Pete,

Its me again with another crazy project. Anyway, the product im making is a dogfight program that allows you to engage in a dogfight with someone. What I need to know is how do you go about working with multiplayeer planes? By the way, I'm using Visual Basic.net

Heres some stuff we made (with your help) on charter http://vfrsimulations.com/projects.html#charter

Thanks,

Andrew Polyak

Its me again with another crazy project. Anyway, the product im making is a dogfight program that allows you to engage in a dogfight with someone. What I need to know is how do you go about working with multiplayeer planes?

For FS2002 or FS2004 you need the MS Multiplayer toolkit. That's as much as I know -- I've never had anything to do with multiplayer myself.

For FSX it isn't possible yet as far as I know -- MS have not released any information allowing MP to be used by third parties. On-line flying programs will be using SimConnect to inject and control "AI" traffic planes instead.

Regards

Pete

Do you know where I can get the FS Multiplayer toolkit?

That's a good question! Now that Microsoft has updated its FS web site for FSX there doesn't seem to be a repository for the older SDKs.

[LATER] Ah, a quick Google leads to this useful site which has all the links you need:

http://www.byteforge.com/simworld/msfs_files.htm

Regards

Pete