The simFlight Network Forums
Ruud Faber

FScene4X-Europe has been released

Hi all,

it took me a very long time to get things right in FSX. I had help of Beta-testers, Jaap (Bush Flyer) , Jeroen (our moderator here) and Manfred (austrian bush flyer). Thanks again guys!

What is it all about:

Because of the many changes in Microsoft's new flightsimulator X the use of previous FScene versions works out very disappointing.

Ugly "gaps" in the terrain because many FSX textures will not be replaced by FScene. Moreover the difference in color between FSX and FScene shows very prominently. (try and see).

So one might safely conclude FSX is not backward compatible as far as Fscene is concerned.

Ruud Faber rearranged his good old FScene textures to fit in FSX and left many advantages of FSX intact, thus combining the best of two worlds.

It's not all new , so for those who wish to relive the FScene days, the first pack (Europe, all seasons) has been released and it's available at the very interesting promotion price.

For those who use flightsimulator FS2004 (FS9) the good news is that in this FScene4X pack the complete set for use in FS9 is included as a bonus.

Hope you'll enjoy it,

ruud

Congratulations Ruud,

You've done it again. The "good old FScene days" are back in FSX. It looks very good.

Lots of success with this one :wink: .

Hi Everyone

Will FScene X install O.K. with Vista Ultimate.

I could not find anything on the homepage which address,s vista.

Tks. for any comments.

Kenny G.

Hi Kenny,

i would not know, have no vista.

My best guess is YES! because FScene4X (and FScene) do no more than replace the original ground Textures.

Anybody here with vista experience?

ruud

at worst you may have to run the installer using a different account in order to be able to overwrite the default textures, other than that I see no reason it shouldn't work.

As Ruud says, there's nothing that's executed.