The simFlight Network Forums

GPS integration

Guest Felcas

Now I am receiving nothing from GPSout.

But Hyperterminal and NmeaTool+ are working perfectly.

I have already tried to change COMport from 1 to 2 and 3, Interval time from 100, 500, 1000 and 1500, speed from 4800, 9600, 19200 and 115200. But nothing happens.

Sorry, I really have no idea why you are having such a problem. It really does sound

exactly
like GPSout is not actually installed in your FS Modules folder. Either that or you have a corrupted version. GPSout has been working quietly in the background on many users systems now for years, with almost no changes needed except for occasional addition of new sentence types. This is right through FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and now (with version 2.51) on FS2004. There is really nothing in it to go wrong, it is so simple! Maybe you should download it again, make sure you have a good copy?
Do version 2.5 work with fs2002 or only with fs2004?

The current version is 2.51, not 2.5, and it works in FS98 through to FS2004. It only actually needs FSUIPC on FS2002, because there's a 'bug' in FS2002 which is fixed by installing FSUIPC. This 'bug' (actually an odd unexpected difference) doesn't apply to FS2000 or before, or to FS2004.

Regards,

Pete

Where would you suggest me to start studies on the net, if I would like to start a plugin like GPSout from the ground and that it is not FSuipc dependable?

GPSout is not FSUIPC dependent except on FS2002, and that wasa not intended. See my previous message.

There is nowhere on the 'net that I know. You could try writing a Gauge.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks a lot again,

I will try to reinstall FS2002 and GPSout with FSuipc.

About the hint on starting a new plugin from the ground, what you think about NetPipes SDK? It says it is meant to develop IN/OUT solutions. Or may be I am wrong, I just does not understand programing very well. :-)

Thanks again

Felipe

About the hint on starting a new plugin from the ground, what you think about NetPipes SDK? It says it is meant to develop IN/OUT solutions. Or may be I am wrong, I just does not understand programing very well. :-)

It may be okay for that sort of application. Sorry, I really only glanced at it briefly when it first came out for FS2002 and I don't remember much about it.

Pete