The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC version 3 RUN options

Hi

I'm using FSUIPC 3 and would like to know if it is possible to use WINDOWS XP variables in the PROGRAM section i.e:

run1=%homepath%\ACARS\ACARS.exe

I want to start a VA ACARS program automatically but there are two users who would use it and have seperate .ini files etc so instead of having to start them manually I would like to use this option.

I HAVE tried it, but I get an error message but am not sure I am using the correct syntax.

Grateful of any help please

G-AZZA

I'm using FSUIPC 3 and would like to know if it is possible to use WINDOWS XP variables in the PROGRAM section i.e:

run1=%homepath%\ACARS\ACARS.exe

I don't know, I've never tried. It just passes the whole string onto a Windows API to create the process, so if that API procedure accepts these codes then it would work, otherwise it wouldn't.

I HAVE tried it, but I get an error message but am not sure I am using the correct syntax.

The facilities for %...% are new to me -- I've seen them in other places, but I know nothing about them anyway. What does %homepath% do, exactly? And where did you get it from? Is there a list of these someplace?

I suspect that they are macros only recognised by the Windows Shell. Possibly if I executed the programs via Shell calls it would work -- but I cannot do that and also automatically get the process handle, which I need for the other options I support. Also I cannot assume the facilities will be available on all systems supporting FS98 to FS2004.

Have you looked at FSAutoStart or other similar programs? I think they can load stuff as well as closing processes you don't need. Whether they use Shell calls or not I don't know.

Regards

Pete

I don't know, I've never tried. It just passes the whole string onto a Windows API to create the process, so if that API procedure accepts these codes then it would work, otherwise it wouldn't.

The facilities for %...% are new to me -- I've seen them in other places, but I know nothing about them anyway. What does %homepath% do, exactly?

It 'passes' ?:/documents and setting/{username}

And where did you get it from? Is there a list of these someplace?

http://kennethhunt.com/archives/000933.html

Regards

Pete

G-AZZA