The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 and FSX - DC3 strobes?

Pete:

A little puzzle (I am puzzled) with aircraft lights:

In FS2004 and FSX, offset

0794 (4) "Strobes available"

produces a value of 1 for the standard DC3 supplied with FS.

As far as I can tell, there is no switch for strobes in the DC3 supplied, and I cannot see any on the exterior of the aircraft.

Erm - not sure if the real DC3 has strobes, but I did find a reference to them as an 'extra' feature on the web.

In FS2004 and FSX, offset

0D0C (2) "Lights"

will tell you if the strobes are on or off, and the user can toggle this by pressing the 'O' key to toggle the str'O'bes.

So... it appears that FS itself is convinced that the DC3 has them, even though they have no effect.

Or - something like that... :roll:

What are your thoughts?

So... it appears that FS itself is convinced that the DC3 has them, even though they have no effect.

No idea at all, sorry.

It could be an error in either the Aircraft.CFG file, for specifying strobes, or in the modelling of the aircraft for not having them animated.

Or, alternatively, if they are not specified in the CFG file and not incorporated in the model, then there's a bug somewhere in FSX's innards or in SimConnect for reporting this incorrectly.

Please send an appropriate report to tell_fs@microsoft.com.

Regards

Pete