The simFlight Network Forums

Stutter with SP1 and FSUIPC 4.1

whats the issue with PFC when FSCopilot is running ? i saw the user, but didnt understood what was the issue...

I don't think it was anything specific that FSCopilot was doing, but something strange about the timing or presense of the SimConnect response AFTER SP1 install -- but only when FSCopilot was also installed.

After issuing the SimConnect_Open, I issue a CallDispatch and expect a response telling me it is okay and the version numbers of FS and SimConnect. That never arrived, but only in this odd circumstance.

I have changed the PFC startup code (which is in FSUIPC) to use the same method as FSUIPC does -- via Messages to a Message window, and that seems to work consistently now.

Whilst I have your attention I should point out the difficulty I had installing FSCopilot 1.7oh. It's okay, I see you have replied in the other (correct) thread.

Regards

Pete

the CallDispatch looks to work randomly i confirm, even if i posted a sample code to MS, looks to be hard for them to maintian a backward compatiblity...

as for the install , yes i did check , the guy doing the install removes one char from the path in registery, i removed that code, but all installs we saw where containing a traling \ at the end of the path in registeries, i guess only devs as you or me set the path manually, but even that i was keeping the \ at the end of my C:\FSX\

anyway , next version will not have the same behavior.

the CallDispatch looks to work randomly i confirm, even if i posted a sample code to MS, looks to be hard for them to maintian a backward compatiblity...

Rightodd that I never had a problem like it before. Still, it is fixed now.

... anyway , next version will not have the same behavior.

Good. thanks -- though of course still remove the last character if it is '\'. ;-).

I recognised what it was doing because my installer has suffered in the same way, in the early days! ;-)

Pete

• 7 years later...

The log seems to show something rather different to what you describe, but perhaps it's a matter of interpretation. It shows the Helo Trim (0BBE) and the Elevator Axis (0BB2) being EXACTLY THE SAME all the time, as if they are the same axis!

How are you setting the trim? I tested using NUM keys 1 and 7 for all trim changes. I'm afraid i didn't ask you to log all axes -- but something is really very very strange as shown in the log.

The log seems to show no time whatsoever with "neutralised trim". Instead the trim = elevator setting all the way, as if the elevator axis was always zero (centred) and you are using trim exclusively.

More information needed. I cannot reproduce anything like that here (and the FSUIPC code hasn't changed, of course). Maybe I need to set up my joystick input exactly like you. I assume you are using the default Bell helo? If not, what?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I know this dicussion is from a while back, but anyway, i haven a small question.

I'am using the build in helotrim finction in the payed version of fsuipc.

Built a small lua function to change the trim up and down and one as a small trim indicator. (see below)

Also set my fsuipc.ini: like:

[Profile.HELI]

1=UH-1D

2=HC412

3=205

4=Bell 206B JetRanger

5=AgustaWestland EH101

6=Robinson R22

7=Dodosim 206 FSX

8=WILCO

9=Harrier

[JoystickCalibration.HELI]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-10849,-94,-94,9134/8

Elevator=-7281,359,359,6036/8

Rudder=-16380,0,0,16380/8

PropPitch=-10531,13040/8

LeftBrake=0,16383/8

RightBrake=0,16383/8

Spoilers=13814,16384/24

Flaps=-12800,12588/24

Aileron Trim=-16383,158,788,16226/8

Rudder Trim=-16229,-1530,-152,16383/8

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

ApplyHeloTrim=YES

Throttle=-16062,15906/8

SlopeSpoilers=15

SlopeRudder=5

------------------------------

function Helo_Trim_up()

ipc.writeSW(0x0BC0, 0)

ipc.writeSW(0x3338, 0)

current_trim = ipc.readSW(0x0BBE)

new = (current_trim + 5000)

ipc.writeSW(0x0BBE, new)

end --func

function Helo_Trim_dn()

ipc.writeSW(0x0BC0, 0)

ipc.writeSW(0x3338, 0)

new = (current_trim - 5000)

ipc.writeSW(0x0BBE, new)

end --func

ipc.setdisplay(10,1000,140,1)

while 1 do

ipc.sleep(100)

ipc.lineDisplay("Heli trim = "..current_trim)

end

What i get is an indicator,changing pitch value as expected, but the heli (stnd bell 205) doesn't reacy on the pitch setting at all?!

I'am doing somthing wrong, but don't know what?

Can you help?

Thanks in advance, brds Erik

What i get is an indicator,changing pitch value as expected, but the heli (stnd bell 205) doesn't reacy on the pitch setting at all?!

I'am doing somthing wrong, but don't know what?

Sorry, I don't really understand any of this. Have you tried using FSUIPC's logging and monitoring facilities for the offsets? Does the helicopter react to the controls or values you are using without worrying about a Lua plug-in?

You are lucky I answered this -- the thread title is about FSUIPC version 4.1 which is long unsupported. Please start new threads for new questions.

Pete