The simFlight Network Forums

FSX and FSUIPC

When i install fsuipc 4 in fsx

and i load FSX, ther is a messege that ask me if i want that fsuipc willl load every time with FSX.

I click yes, and from then, i can´t load FSX

I had SP! installed and worked very good before installing fsuipc

When i install fsuipc 4 in fsx

and i load FSX, ther is a messege that ask me if i want that fsuipc willl load every time with FSX.

I click yes, and from then, i can´t load FSX

I had SP! installed and worked very good before installing fsuipc

What does "from then, I can't load FSX" mean -- please say what happens. Does it crash, or what?

If it crashes, as soon as you answer that question, then it cannot be FSUIPC4 which is doing it, because it isn't running then -- the question appears BEFORE it is even loaded. It sounds like the well known SimConnect security check bug.

If you visit my Support Forum (which is where you should go in any case) and read the Announcements through, you will see precise instructions for dealing with this -- it is due to other SimConnect clients you already have loading.

However, MS did say they'd fixed this problem in SP1, though it was only a work-around, I understand.

What version of FSUIPC4 by the way? That might make a difference. If it isn't 4.10, the version released for SP1, it will be still using the original SimConnect release, the one with the bug.

If it still occurs with 4.10, please check the Announcement in my Forum entitled "FSX help ..." it tells you how to get a SimConnect log. It would help prove to Microsoft that there may still be a problem in this area if you could repeat your problem after enabling SimConnect logging, then Zip up the SimConnect log and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please continue this in my Support Forum. I will expect to see you there.

Regards

Pete

HI PETE:

1 mounth ago, i installed fsuipc4.0 in my FSX.

Whein i loaded fsx, there was a message that said if i wanted that fsx will load fsuipc everytime i load FSX.

I said yes:

And FSXcontinues loading and suddenly, the icon dissapear and the load screen of fsx too.

That happened before being in FSX menu(where you select the plane, time,airport...)

Then if you try to load FSX again, it trys to do it but at the minute everything disapear (load screen of fsx and icon)(never get to the menu)

Yesterday, i unistall fsx and then i installed again (FSX)

Everything worked perfect.

Then i installed SP1

Everything worked very well

Then i installed Mytraffic x fsglobal X and ultimate terrain eurpe

Everthing worked fine.

Then i installed the FSUIPC and happened the same as 1 months ago

What can i do?

How can i unistall FSUIPC?

I didn´t activate my copy of FSX yet

Then i installed the FSUIPC and happened the same as 1 months ago

What can i do?

Please make sure you have installed FSUIPC version 4.10, not 4.0 ...

Then please read the Announcement above entitled "Important FSUIPC4 Installation Notes". Does this describe what you see?

If so, please try to do what it says.

If not, then it sounds as if SimConnect is corrupted on your system. In that case, please see the Announcement entitled " FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect", and try re-installing Simconnect.

I can help get the proper Microsoft help to sort your problems out, but I need more information. First, I need to know if there is actually an FSUIPC4.LOG file in your FSX modules folder. If so, show it to me please.

Second, you need to make SimConnect produce a log, so we can see what is going wrong during the load sequence. How to do this is also explained in the Announcement " FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect".

How can i unistall FSUIPC?

Oddly enough, it is exactly as it says in the Documentation! Didn't you bother to look? Simply remove the FSUIPC4.DLL from the FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

But waht is the reason because this happens?

I have no idea because I have no information. It is information which enables us to find things out like "why". If it is the same as described in my Announcement, then it is a bug in SimConnect which is supposed to be fixed in SP1.

Do i have to send you the file after or before deleting the dll?

I'm not sure why you want to delete the DLL, but whether you do or not will not affect a different file which already exists, will it? So it doesn't matter.

Pete

i wanted to delete FSUIPC4.DLL to unistall fsuipc and then reinstall

Since "uninstall" is simple removal of the DLL, and "re-install" is simply putting it back, I don't see how that will make any difference.

We haven't yet determined whether FSUIPC even gets loaded -- from what you describe it doesn't (though you could check by looking for the FSUIPC4.LOG file as I suggested).

So changing it or "reinstalling" it won't make any difference. We need to tackle whatever it is that is crashing BEFORE FSUIPC gets to run -- either SimConnect or another SimConnect client program, perhaps. All this is described in the references I gave you.

Regards

Pete

this is what FSUIPC4.log says:

this is my mail:

iberia340-200@hotmail.com

******** FSUIPC4, Version 4.08 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

31 System time = 16:16:48

31 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Mis documentos\Archivos de Flight Simulator X\"

31 FS UNC path = "D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1141 N.B. Axis Intercepts are disabled!

1141 LogOptions=00000001

1141 SimConnect_Open succeeded: proceeding to initialise interface!

6547 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.60905.0 (SimConnect: 2.0.60905.0)

45172 SimStart Event: Initialising SimConnect data requests

45172 FSUIPC Menu entry added

45250 C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\Vuelo anterior.FLT

45250 D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.AIR

45922 System time = 16:17:34, FSX time = 13:58:43 (11:58Z)

51047 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

739969 System time = 16:29:08, FSX time = 13:59:26 (11:59Z)

739969 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 277 Allocs, 277 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

this is what FSUIPC4.log says

******** FSUIPC4, Version 4.08 by Pete Dowson *********

You are using FSUIPC 4.08, which is not only the wrong version for use with the SP1 update, it was actually out of date for over a month before SP1 was released in any case. It is not supported!

Please go and install FSUIPC 4.10 as advised several messages ago!

Pete

hi pete:

I don´t know what more to do

I had reinstalled the last version of the download and updates post

When it ask me if i want that FS load FSUIPC and i say yes the FSX screen load crahes and i return to windows menu

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.103

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Datos de programa"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Datos de programa"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Datos de programa"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

When it ask me if i want that FS load FSUIPC and i say yes the FSX screen load crahes and i return to windows menu

Okayit is a SimConnect bug. Please follow my other suggestions. I am repeating myself here as you seem not to be reading everything I'm telling you:

1. Please read the Announcement above entitled "Important FSUIPC4 Installation Notes". Does this describe what you see? If so, please try to do what it says.

2. If not, then it sounds as if SimConnect is corrupted on your system. In that case, please see the Announcement entitled " FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect", and try re-installing Simconnect.

3. I can help get the proper Microsoft help to sort your problems out, but I need more information.

3a. First, I need to know if there is actually an FSUIPC4.LOG file in your FSX modules folder. If so, show it to me please.

3b. Second, you need to make SimConnect produce a log, so we can see what is going wrong during the load sequence. How to do this is also explained in the Announcement " FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect".

Pete

that is what FSUIPC.log says

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

No FSX.CFG there

No FSX.CFG there

No FSX.CFG there

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

No FSX.CFG there

that is what FSUIPC.log says

No! That is the Install Log, from the installer. The FSUIPC log is called FSUIPC4.LOG, as I said:

3a. First, I need to know if there is actually an FSUIPC4.LOG file in your FSX modules folder. If so, show it to me please.

And that was step 3a. What happened to steps 1 and 2? You are not reading what I write, again! :-(

Pete

I had created a log by adding a file with:

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=No

file=C:\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

in FSX folder

then ihad run FSX

and it crashes.

Then i saw this file created in C:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

0.24621 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll" Version="10.0.60905.0"

Then i saw this file created in C:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

0.24621 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll" Version="10.0.60905.0"

Aha!

This is why your FSX is crashing. It is nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC at all! It is because you have previously installed MyTraffic and its "TrafficToolBox" which I think is from the original Microsoft SDK -- if so I don't think it is compatible with SP1. You will need to go to your "MyTraffic" folder and delete the traffictoolbox.dll.

Or go to MyTraffic support and get help there.

There was a new DLL included with the SDK SP1A update, but you need FSX Deluxe for that.

Regards

Pete

i had rename the file traffictoolbox.dll to traffictoolbox.off and the i run FSX

FSX crashes again

Okaylooking more closely at the message:

SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll" Version="10.0.60905.0"

that DLL wasn't loaded in any case.

But the fact that it says 60905 is a "mismatch" indicates that the original SimConnect is not correctly installed. It should try to load it as both the original Simconnect and the new SP1 one should both be there.

Can you please look again at the SimConnect log file -- if it even TRIES to load FSUIPC there will be a message there. If there isn't, then it isn't even getting that far.

Have you got FSX Deluxe? If so, did you install the SDK? If so, did you remember to update that with the SP1A update after you installed SP1? If not then it is probably one of the other DLLs used by FSX.

Please also see these points I mentioned beforte, but you appear to be ignoring still:

2. If not, then it sounds as if SimConnect is corrupted on your system. In that case, please see the Announcement entitled " FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect", and try re-installing Simconnect.

It is coming to the point that I shall have to ask you to contact Microsoft Technical Support instead of dealing with me, as I evidently cannot help you despite trying very hard. Your FSX installation, especially the SimConnect part, is in disarray. If you cannot follow the instructions I try to give to help, I think you will have to start again or get Microsoft to sort it out for you.

Regards

Pete

1º I didn´t update the SDK

2º i delete a file and reapired FSX as said FSX help file and everything was the same

3º there is not any fsuipc4.log file in modules. there is a fsuipc4. install that says:

Parameter"SetupPath"

No FSX.CFG there

No FSX.CFG there

No FSX.CFG there

Now checking DLL.XML ...

No FSX.CFG there

3º there is not any fsuipc4.log file in modules.

Ah. At last some useful information!

In that case FSUIPC4 is not even loading. It cannot possibly crash FSX. Something else is crashing FSX. Find this file

DLL.XML

in

C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX

and show that to me. It must exist because it is trying to load your (incorrect version) TrafficToolbox.dll.

Pete