The simFlight Network Forums

FSX and FSUIPC

i had found this file in:

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\dll.xml

This is what says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

and there is another one in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

that says

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

-

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll

-

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

i had found this file in:

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\dll.xml

That one is not relevant. It is not used.

and there is another one in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Miguel\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

That is the one FSX will use. This shows that you have installed the SDK from the FSX DVDs. You do need to update that -- download and install the SP1A update to the SDK.

You have made the mistake of only partially updating FSX to SP1. If you install both FSX and its SDK you should update both when you update either.

Regards

Pete

hi pete

No, this morning, i had installed the SDK from the DVD and then i have update the SDK by downloading the update in FSinsider

is this correct?

FSX

1º SDK from dvd

2º SDK update

3º SP1

4º FSUIPC?

I will unistall everything and return to install

In what moment do i have toinstall mytraffic? after SP1?

FSX

1º SDK from dvd

2º SDK update

3º SP1

4º FSUIPC?

Well, if you are starting completely from scratch I would say the correct order would be:

FSX

SDK from DVD

which brings you to original release state, then

SP1

SDK SP1A update

which brings you up to date.

FSUIPC4 install would come last, as for any other add-ons.

In what moment do i have toinstall mytraffic? after SP1?

Like all add-ons, at the end. But maybe before FSUIPC4, so that the DLL.XML file will be fixed by that.

Also bear in mind that the TrafficExplorer.DLL supplied with the original MyTrafficX is the old one. You'd be better off enabling the newer one, installed by the SDK SP1A update -- but for that you'll need to edit the DLL.XML file to enable it, and to check that it has the correct path.

Regards

Pete

At the end i know what is happening

The problem is the Panda antivirus

lokk

ihave tried to run FSX with fsuipc and crahsed

çThen i disablke panda and i tried and no problem

I have done 3 times and always the same

now, my problem is how to tell pànda that fsuipc is not something bad for the computer.

i´m loking in firewall but i can´t find fsuipc in the list

what can i do?

The problem is the Panda antivirus

I've not heard of that one. but I do know that FSX (Simconnect in particular) doesn't get on very well with several virus and firewall programs. Even when they don't actually crash it they slow it down or make it fail in some other way.

I use Norton. its antivirus seems okay, and both its firewall and the default Windows XP firewall are okay. But Norton isn't cheap and it is a bit on the 'heavy' side (lots of it).

my problem is how to tell pànda that fsuipc is not something bad for the computer.

i´m loking in firewall but i can´t find fsuipc in the list

You are forgetting, FSUIPC4 isn't even getting to run! The problem you have is actually stopping SimConnect from running properly -- it is SimConnect which is crashing. SimConnect is part of FSX, so the actual program you need to give full permissions to is FSX.EXE.

Please, send a full report of your problems, including the full name and version of the "Panada" program, to Microsoft at tell_fs@microsoft.com, so they can add it to their list of security programs to either deal with or warn folks about.

Then, if you want to carry on, if you cannot find a way around it I can only suggest not using that program, at least not when you want to use FSX.

Regards

Pete

But, everything runs ok when i load FSX with fsuipc without panda activated

If i run FSX with FSUIPC and panda working it crashes

So, the problem is that the antivirus is not given permission to fsuipc

FSUIPC is not a "process" so it cannot know anything about FSUIPC. What is crashing is SimConnect, which is loading and talking to FSUIPC via TCP/IP. All this is part of FSX -- the process is called FSX.EXE, nothing to do with FSUIPC. There is no way FSUIPC needs any "permission". It doesn't use anything which needs permission, and in any case it is not running because your "Panda" program is preventing FSX from running it!

Please do read things more carefully. I'm sure you are continuing to misunderstand this.

Pete

but look, the first time you load fsuipc, there is a message of FSX that says if you want that fsx will load fsuipc each time you load fsx and if you think that is a secure software.

I say always yes.

in the other hand if I load FSX witout panda it works, that is the reason because i thoughtthat the problem was fsuipc.

So what i have to do is to tell panda what software must load without problems.

My problem is that i don´t know what software is.

I´ll try to unistall panda and then reinstall

but look, the first time you load fsuipc, there is a message of FSX that says if you want that fsx will load fsuipc each time you load fsx and if you think that is a secure software.

I say always yes.

Yes, good. You could also follow the suggestion in my installation instructions and say that you always trust software signed by me (Peter L Dowson), and then it won't ask your permission again.

in the other hand if I load FSX witout panda it works, that is the reason because i thoughtthat the problem was fsuipc.

But FSUIPC doesn't get a chance to run -- FSUIPC uses SimConnect, part of FSX, to talk to FSX. SimConnect uses TCP/IP, an Internet protocol. Your virus checker is hooking into the TCP/IP part of windows and crashing FSX.

So what i have to do is to tell panda what software must load without problems. My problem is that i don´t know what software is.

As I keep telling you, the software is FSX. It is called "FSX.EXE". That is the only process involved in all of this. SimConnect is part of the FSX.EXE process and loads FSUIPC as a DLL into the FSX process.

I really don't know how many ways there are of telling you the exact same thing! You don't seem to read what I write! :-(

Pete