The simFlight Network Forums

FSX SP1 and GoFlight Modules

Hi Pete,

I submitted the following text on the goflight forum but figured I would also post it here ...

Is anyone having issues since installing FSX SP1? Here is the problems I have had. Prior to SP1 I never had an issue with any of my addonsGoflight or TrackIR. I installed sp1 and lost both programsTrackIR and Goflight panels wouldn't even light up. I read on PTaylors Bloghe is with the ACES team that sp1 should be installed on a RTM version of FSX, so I uninstalled FSX and did a reinstall, then applied SP1 then reinstalled both TrackIR and Goflight. Nope didn't work. So I found the info from Pete Dowson about reinstalling simconnect. So I did thatbasically deleted the directory that he said, BTW sp1 but another one in the same location but different namedid the repair of fsx and it reinstalled the directory that I deleted and now my TrackIR works fine and my Goflight panels atleast lite up, but I still get no input to the sim from them. What I mean is if I change the comm or nav settings, not updated in fsx panels, same goes for the heading or course bug.

I am getting very frustrated with all this and about to remove everything and start over again but it takes hours to do that. Has anyone got any ideas here????

Thanks,

John M.

Now with that said Pete have I really screwed up my installation and need to start over again? I don't know if running the repair off the fsx cd's messed up the sp1 install or what. What you think???

Thanks for any help Pete,

John

... now my TrackIR works fine and my Goflight panels atleast lite up, but I still get no input to the sim from them. What I mean is if I change the comm or nav settings, not updated in fsx panels, same goes for the heading or course bug.

I don't know how the GoFlight drivers are coded, but maybe they need updating for SP1. I really don't know, sorry. I don't use GoFlight.

I don't know if running the repair off the fsx cd's messed up the sp1 install or what. What you think???

Not according to other experts it doesn't, though an uninstall and reinstall of SP1 itself won't take long and can't do any harm. I am still waiting for a definitive answer to repairing FSX+SP1 so I can update my "FSX Help" announcement accordingly.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for getting back so quick. I'll uninstall the sp1 and reinstall and also install you're newest version as well. I'll post again with the results, just incase someone else is having an issue with goflightit just seems to me it is a simconnect issue.

Thanks again,

John

Thanks Pete for getting back so quick. I'll uninstall the sp1 and reinstall and also install you're newest version as well. I'll post again with the results, just incase someone else is having an issue with goflightit just seems to me it is a simconnect issue.

Well, if it is a connection problem with SimConnect then FSUIPC would surely be suffering much more, as it is 99.9% dependent on SimConnect. If its logs show no problems, and its facilities are all working (assuming you are using FSUIPC 4.10 or later, of course, not a pre-SP1 version), then it would seem to point more towards the GoFlight DLLs using something which has changed in SP1.

In fact it was a set of symptoms similar to those you are getting with GoFlight which made FSUIPC 4.09 and earlier mostly useless once SP1 was installed.

Quite a few add-on makers are having to make revisions for SP1.

Regards

Pete

Peteto be honest I'm not sure of which version I'm currently running, I have downloaded FSUIPC4_4104 and will install that tonight as well as the reinstall of SP1 and let you know what happens

You know at this point I wish I had not installed the sp1 because I didn't have any problems before I did itbut I'm sure that things will get ironed out just frustrating ...

Thanks again Pete,

John

Hi BillThank is good to hear .... I just wish it were true for me. I get the panels to turn on and I thought everything was working but as I said if I change the comm/nav freqit doesn't update in the cocpit, same is true trying to change heading or course bug in hsi. I'm sure I'll get it fixed but it does take time to troubleshoot but it is very good to hear it is working for you. I'll update tomorrow after I try the next few things.

Thanks,

John

Hi BillThank is good to hear .... I just wish it were true for me. I get the panels to turn on and I thought everything was working but as I said if I change the comm/nav freqit doesn't update in the cocpit, same is true trying to change heading or course bug in hsi. I'm sure I'll get it fixed but it does take time to troubleshoot but it is very good to hear it is working for you. I'll update tomorrow after I try the next few things.

Thanks,

John

Thanks,

John M.

I mentioned that my setup was working mainly to stop you and Pete from going down the path of thinking that GoFlight was somehow disabled across-the-board by SP1. Having said that, I'll look into my setup tonight just to make sure that I'm not having the specific Nav/HDG problems you mentioned. Unfortunately, I've not had much time to enjoy SP1 since its release.

thanks,

Hi Pete and Bill,

Sometimes you just need to back away from the keyboardlast night after I got home and fired up the computer it appears that everything loaded fine and GoFlight modules are all working ....

Now for my next task trying to get my CH yoke and ped's configured using your module Pete ....

Thanks and I'll get back to simming!!! :D

John