The simFlight Network Forums

Short names with PFC Aircraft Quadrant assignments?

Hi Pete;

Are Short names (aircraft title substring matches) enabled in the PFC driver Aircraft Quadrants section like they are in FSUIPC? My Aircraft Quadrants section in pfc.ini is immense...shortnames could cut that down to size considerably.

Cheers

Are Short names (aircraft title substring matches) enabled in the PFC driver Aircraft Quadrants section like they are in FSUIPC? My Aircraft Quadrants section in pfc.ini is immense...shortnames could cut that down to size considerably.

Did I implement aircraft-specific assignments in PFC too? I don't remember that? I thought it was mostly based on changing quadrants.

Sorry, I'd have to read the documentation for that. Does it say you can?

Regards

Pete

Pete;

I don't see anything specific on the topic.

The aircraft-specific assignments are made when you press the "assign to aircraft" button in the driver dialogue window. It places an entry in the Aircraft Quadrants section of the ini file:

aircraft_title=Uxx where Uxx is one of the 15 quadrant definitions, yes?

The question is, can I use a substring, e.g.

Feelthere A3=u15

to catch every aircraft that starts with "Feelthere A3", for example:

Feelthere A318IAE

Feelthere A320CFM

Feelthere A319CJ

etc etc

Cheers

The aircraft-specific assignments are made when you press the "assign to aircraft" button in the driver dialogue window. It places an entry in the Aircraft Quadrants section of the ini file:

aircraft_title=Uxx where Uxx is one of the 15 quadrant definitions, yes?

Ah, yes. For the 15 user configurations.

You had me worried there. The FSUIPC thing isn't like this at all. FSUIPC's aircraft specific sections are complete calibrations, the works. Many possible lines per aircraft.

The PFC system limits you to 15 different configurations at max. Each assignment is only one line in the INI file. I'd not call that extravagant, and it certainly won't slow the program's actions down at all. In fact it is probably faster than doing pattern patching on substrings and so on, as in FSUIPC.

The question is, can I use a substring[\quote]

No, I don't think so. I wouldn't have programmed that in because no one is expected to edit the PFC INI file. In FSUIPC is was a bit different -- editing the INI was expected anyway for ambitios things like conditional buttons, and the calibration sections per aircraft were potentially large and the process of generating them meant complete calibration for everything every time.

Not so in PFC, where it was a simple matter of saying "use this user-specified arrangement for this aircraft". As I say, one line max per aircraft.

Regards

Pete