The simFlight Network Forums

Vista + IVAP 1.92 + FSX on Multi-PC config

Hi, Peter

I got some problems, installing IVAP 1.92 (for FSX), on a remote PC...

Before this new config, I was using FS9 + ivap 13x on remote PC with wideserver and wideclient, , and never any problems.

Doing the same method of install fro Vista FSX and ivap 1.92 seems to not work perfectly.

So my questions :

- Is it a problem to use Wideserver+Wideclient instead of MS Simconnect.

- Is Simconnect (from microsoft), not compatible with wideserver7 ? (I remark that when simconnect is active, then Fsuipc gone out from taskbar).

- Do I need to use Simconnect (and ONLY IT for IVAP connect, on multiPC setup)?

Thanks for all, and sorry for my approx Sheakspeare language.

JPR

I got some problems, installing IVAP 1.92 (for FSX), on a remote PC...

Before this new config, I was using FS9 + ivap 13x on remote PC with wideserver and wideclient, , and never any problems.

Isn't IVAP a SimConnect client now?

- Is it a problem to use Wideserver+Wideclient instead of MS Simconnect.

They aren't user alternatives. If a program is written to use FSUIPC exclusively, then it will run on WideFS. If it is written to use SimConnect, then it uses SimConnect, and WideFS does not come into it. SimConnect has its own Networking system.

- Is Simconnect (from microsoft), not compatible with wideserver7

No, of course not. It uses SimConnect 100%. How can it be incompatible if it is completely dependent upon it?

? (I remark that when simconnect is active, then Fsuipc gone out from taskbar).

It sounds like you've added a SimConnect.XML file on the FSX PC which enables the remote SimConnect but excludes the local one. The XML file needs two sections -- a so-called "global" section (confusingly meaning "remote") and the same default "local" section shown in the SDK.

If you re-run the FSUIPC4 installer, and the only problem is that you've got a "global" section and no "local" section, it will fix that for you automatically.

- Do I need to use Simconnect (and ONLY IT for IVAP connect, on multiPC setup)?

I have no idea what IVAP does, sorry. Doesn't it come with any documentation or installation guide?

Regards

Pete

Ivap 1.92 (or 2.0 alpha) is fully based on SimConnect. It however installs FSUIPC 4.x, why I don't know but probably for some functionality that SimConnect does not provide (doubt that).

As for your problem not getting it to work, that is normal. I spent a week trying to get IvAp 1.92 to work in a multi PC configuration with FSX without success. I simply gave up on it until they come up with something more stable.