The simFlight Network Forums

Accepts registration Key, but doesn't register after restart

Hi, I have recently purchased the key for FSUIPC4. I enter the key and it accepts it saying "Thank you, registration will take effect after restart". But after restarting FSX and going back to the addon menu it still shows as being unregistered. I have tried to fix this so far by restarting computer, reinstalling FSUIPC4, reinstalling FSX and installing SP1. Each of these programs install and work perfectly, except it refuses to recognise registration at all.

I have tried using FSUIPC4 V4.09 and V4.11 but this makes no difference.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi, I have recently purchased the key for FSUIPC4. I enter the key and it accepts it saying "Thank you, registration will take effect after restart". But after restarting FSX and going back to the addon menu it still shows as being unregistered.

Make sure you installed FSUIPC 4.11, not 4.09 which I cannot support.

Can I see the FSUIPC4.LOG file, please, and the Install LOG also? You will find both in the FSX Modules folder.

I need to know what version of Windows your are running. If it is Windows Vista you need to run FSX using the right-click popup menu selection "Run As Administrator", as described in the FSUIPC4 User Guide.

If you still have difficulties I need to check the KEY. Please ZIP up and send your FSUIPC4.KEY file (from the FSX Modules folder).

Regards

Pete

Im running vista home premium. I am familliar with the need to 'run as administrator' for vista applications, but where do i actually have to right click. The FSX desktop icon and folders in 'program files' do not display this option when right click it. I have attached the log file and install log for you to check

Im using FSUIPC4 V4.11, have read the user guide and installed exactly as it says.

Thanks

Andrew

FSUIPC4.log.zip

FSUIPC4 Install.zip

Im running vista home premium. I am familliar with the need to 'run as administrator' for vista applications, but where do i actually have to right click.

The FSX icon, or the FSX.EXE. FSX has to be "run as administrator", as documented.

The FSX desktop icon and folders in 'program files' do not display this option when right click it.

Really, there's no Run As option when you right clcik on the FSX icon? Try the actual FSX.EXE in the FSX folder.

I have Vista Home Premium and that certainly always shows this option.

Are you running as the PCs ordinary administrator, or have you created another user and running as that?

I have attached the log file and install log for you to check

They are okay, nothing wrong with them.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Peter!! i tried the fsx.exe file and it showed this option and its working fine.

The other thing i would like to ask is how to send aircraft position data (i.e pitch, roll, yaw etc) from FSUIPC to a motion base such as that used by Classic flight (http://www.classicflight.co.uk). I am interested in starting such a project and any specifics would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again

Andrew

Thank you Peter!! i tried the fsx.exe file and it showed this option and its working fine.

Aha. There must be something about your Icon then, some property it has which causes the entry to be suppressed! Could you right-click on it and select "Properties" and tell me what it says. It is a short-cut to FSX.EXE I hope?

The other thing i would like to ask is how to send aircraft position data (i.e pitch, roll, yaw etc) from FSUIPC to a motion base such as that used by Classic flight (http://www.classicflight.co.uk). I am interested in starting such a project and any specifics would be much appreciated.

You first need the FSUIPC SDK from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. there are examples there for several languages. The supplement for FSX is in the FSX downloads Annonucement above, but to do what you want to do would be the same for any version of FS.

For FSX only you could of course also consider writing directly to the SimConnect interface. For that you need the FSX Deluxe edition, install the SDK and check the SimConnect documentation. Note that if you have installed the FSX SP1 update you also need to get the SDK SP1A update.

Regards

Pete