The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple axes in the same assigment

Hello

Can i put multiple axes (lets say 2 potentiometers) to the same assigment? (left brake)

I have 2 potetiometers , one for the left captain brake and one more for the left co-pilot brake BUT exist only one assigment in FSUIPC.

How can i connect the 2 potentiometers?

Best Regards

Lambis

Greece

Hi,

axis values are only sent to FS when they change if I remember correctly. So I think it should be possible to assign both pots to the same thing as long as you make sure they do not interfere. It should work if you establish a proper null zone so axis jitter is suppressed and can not be read as axis values changing.

Regards,

Frank

I see some inherent problems in trying to get multiple pots to connect to the same axis. I have been looking at that issue as well and came to the conclusion that the pilot and co-pilot controls should be linked (I'm lucky in that regard as I was able to buy a complete set of Cessna rudder pedals complete with all of the linkages) mechanically and then in turn link the pedals to a single set of pots for control. That way I don't have to worry about input conflicts.

Just a thought...

Phil

Phil

In the case that the brakes are mechanically connected there is no way to worry about conficts to the pots because exist only one pot.

But in my case i have to connect 2 pots for the left brakes and 2 pots to the right brakes.

I wait Peter to return maybe he have any idea how to do this with the FSUIPC.

And if not exist any other way i will use switches (momentary)

Regards

Lambis

Good morning,

the problem is what will happen if and the pilot and co-pilot push together the left brake.

well, the most realistic solution would be mechanically linked pedals. If this is not an option for you the method I described above would be the way to go. You could still avoid the problems introduced when both left pedals are pushed at the same time by using pots with attached switches (you know, these things that turn on the radio at the beginning of their travel and then control the volume). Use normal pots on the FO's side and pots with switches on the captains side and wire the switches so they disable the FO's pedals whenever the captains pedals are pushed.

Regards,

Frank

I wait Peter to return maybe he have any idea how to do this with the FSUIPC.

Please refer to the Advanced User's Guide for FSUIPC. Near the end there's a section called Multiple Joysticks. It deals exactly with what you want to do. For a long time now FSUIPC has supported dual controls -- actually triple and quadruple if desired!

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter

I use the spoiler lever for my tests.

I have make my assignments in the FSUIPC:

The Mixtrure4 is the spare axis that i don`t need it.

Spoilers=-16384,-4386,-512,16383

Mixture4=-16384,-3870,512,16254

[Axes]

0=1R,256,D,22,0,0,0

1=1U,256,D,16,0,0,0

Next with the note pad i make my changes

And replace the Mixture4 with the spoilersB and in the axes 1 i change the 16 with the 22 (spoilers)

Spoilers=-16384,-4386,-512,16383

SpoilersB=-16384,-3870,512,16254

[Axes]

0=1R,256,D,22,0,0,0

1=1U,256,D,22,0,0,0

But it is not work i take the follow resaults.

I start to move the spoiler lever from the DOWN to UP position with the first axe.

The lever is moving smoth and good.

Now i start to move and the other axe and the spoiler lever jump to DOWN position and follow the move that i do .

When i move both axes together is going fron back front back front back.

Like crazy.

I make something wrong?

My English not allow me to understand the document very well

And i don`t know if you understand what i try to say.

Regards

Lambis

I make something wrong?

Yes, it is all wrong.

My English not allow me to understand the document very well

Well, to start with there is no facility for multiple spoilers, only the 6 controls which are actually listed. They ARE listed by name, so I don't know where you got "SpoilersB" from.

Secondly, all of the axes have to be assigned to FS controls, NOT directly to FSUIPC. You can do this in FS assignments, or in FSUIPC Axis assignments, it does not matter. You must assign the extra (B, C, D) axes to axis controls you dso not use for anything else, it doesn't matter what.

Third, you must provide parameters in the INI file giving the "control number" of the FS control you assigned. Control numbers are listed in the control numbers lists provided.

Please try to read it again. I'm afraid you have understood nothing, and I really don't know any other way of explaining it.

Regards

Pete

The follow is correct? Or i miss again something?

Throttle=-16254,16383/8

ThrottleB=65867 <--------here i put the control number of the spare axes?

[Axes]

0=1Z,256,F,65765,0,0,0

1=1R,256,F,65867,0,0,0 <------ this is the spare axes that i don`t need.

If is wrong Peter please try to writte me an example.

---------------------------------------------------------

Also Peter i want to report that the fsipc4 it don`t recognize the IOCARTS UBS AXES from Opencockpits.

I go to the Axis Assignment in the fsuipc4 , select the Rescan button.

And when i move the axe nothing happen.

The other yoke that i have from CH is working ok.

The fsuipc in the fs2004 everything work ok. (recognize all the axes and from CH YOKE and from the IOCARDS UBS AXES)

In the fsx with the fsuipc4 recognize only the CH YOKE.

Regards

Lambis

The follow is correct? Or i miss again something?

Throttle=-16254,16383/8

ThrottleB=65867 <--------here i put the control number of the spare axes?

[Axes]

0=1Z,256,F,65765,0,0,0

1=1R,256,F,65867,0,0,0 <------ this is the spare axes that i don`t need.

Well, yes, that looks better, but 65867 is "AXIS_SLEW_AHEAD_SET", which may only get through in SLEW mode. Try it anyway -- in may possibly work. Otherwise choose a non-Slew mode axis.

If is wrong Peter please try to writte me an example.

The only line you are manually entering is surely the "ThrottleB=..." line. The others should be made by using the axis assignment and calibration screens in FSUIPC options. I'm not going to check those.

Also Peter i want to report that the fsipc4 it don`t recognize the IOCARTS UBS AXES from Opencockpits.

Sorry, I've never heard of it. Does it emulate a standard DirectInput joysick, or come with its own driver for FS? If the latter I cannot possibly support it, you have to use its own driver.

The fsuipc in the fs2004 everything work ok. (recognize all the axes and from CH YOKE and from the IOCARDS UBS AXES)

Sounds like their driver isn't a proper modern Windows driver and only provides the old Windows API. I upgraded FSUIPC4 to DirectInput because all modern devices support DirectInput and it provides more axes and POVs.

Regards

Pete

In the fsx with the fsuipc4 recognize only the CH YOKE.

Regards

Lambis