The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS KeySend problem

Hi everyone,

My FS9/WinXP-based setup has been running fine for a good few years now, and I've always had a laptop (via WideFS) running IVAP/TS2 (and/or the FSInn recently) with button 1 on my yoke as the TS2 PTT button (via KeySend)

That was until I upgraded my newest laptop from WinXP to Vista. Now, whenever I push the PTT button, the log on the laptop starts recording the following error:

748562 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
   814718 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
   880843 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 1)
   946734 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
  1012968 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
  1079046 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)

And so on. Anything I can do to get it working again? I've tried the obvious of turning on compatibility (XPSP2) and run as administrator, all with no success as yet.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I'm running latest FSUIPC v6/WideServer/WideClient throughout my setup.

That was until I upgraded my newest laptop from WinXP to Vista. Now, whenever I push the PTT button, the log on the laptop starts recording the following error:

748562 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
   814718 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
   880843 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 1)
   946734 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
  1012968 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)
  1079046 Can't SetWindowsHookEx! (Action request 0)

And so on. Anything I can do to get it working again? I've tried the obvious of turning on compatibility (XPSP2) and run as administrator, all with no success as yet.

Strange. Looks like a Vista incompatibility problem. Can you show me the [user] section of the WideClient.INI file.

I don't know if there will be a way around this, if Microsoft have removed facilities needed. Possibly it needs even greater privileges than "run as administrator".

Pete

Strange. Looks like a Vista incompatibility problem. Can you show me the [user] section of the WideClient.INI file.

I don't know if there will be a way around this, if Microsoft have removed facilities needed. Possibly it needs even greater privileges than "run as administrator".

Pete

But of course Pete

; -----------------------------------------------
[User]
AllowShutdown=AppOnly
Log=Errors+

; ===============================================
KeySend1=123,16
KeySend2=123,24

I'm no developer, but a simple Google search yesterday suggests that SetWindowsHookEx still exists as a call Vista understands, so I would think/hope that there is a way to do this.

; -----------------------------------------------
[User]
AllowShutdown=AppOnly
Log=Errors+

; ===============================================
KeySend1=123,16
KeySend2=123,24

Don't you need the SendInput method set? Have you tried it?

I'm no developer, but a simple Google search yesterday suggests that SetWindowsHookEx still exists as a call Vista understands, so I would think/hope that there is a way to do this.

Obviously the API exists, else it couldn't be linked to or called and WideClient wouldn't even load because of this. Without delving deeper (which I will when I get time, soon hopefully), my only guess is that it needs some special privileges now, or only works on a target program which has something specifically enabled.

Regards

Pete

Don't you need the SendInput method set? Have you tried it?

Haven't up to now, but I've just printed the documentation PDFs and I'll give it a go (along with using WideClient to start TS2 and directing the keysend to it via the RunX option).

UPDATE: Turning on UseSendInput got it working (at least until the microphone "crashed"... Time to reboot ;))