The simFlight Network Forums

Re-installing SimConnect ?

I have been having problems with FSUIPC4 v12, (I have installed the FSX SP1 and the SDK SP1), so I decided to following the instructions in the announcement above about re-installing SimConnect. I deleted the file folder and started the FSX DVD and clicked on repair. The repair is reloading all of FSX, won’t this overwrite the FSX SP1?

I have been having problems with FSUIPC4 v12

What sort of problems?

I decided to following the instructions in the announcement above about re-installing SimConnect. I deleted the file folder and started the FSX DVD and clicked on repair. The repair is reloading all of FSX, won’t this overwrite the FSX SP1?

No. But I'd like to know what the problems were.

Regards

Pete

I have been having problems with FSUIPC4 v12

What sort of problems?

I decided to following the instructions in the announcement above about re-installing SimConnect. I deleted the file folder and started the FSX DVD and clicked on repair. The repair is reloading all of FSX, won’t this overwrite the FSX SP1?

No. But I'd like to know what the problems were.

Regards

Pete

Actually, I may not have a problem with FSUIPC4. I have a registry problem which is why when I tried to repair FSX it just reloaded the whole thing and I ended up with two installs of FSX. The registry says FSX is in one place when in reality it is somewhere else. I also have some other problems with the registry and other programs, so I have to spend some time getting my registry fixed before I can really even run FSX and FSUIPC4.

Actually, I may not have a problem with FSUIPC4. I have a registry problem which is why when I tried to repair FSX it just reloaded the whole thing and I ended up with two installs of FSX.

Ouch!

Actually, if the registry was pointing to the wrong place, you could have re-installed FSUIPC4 (using the Installer program). It would have asked you to find FSX.EXE and then offered to fix that Registry link for you.

I have to spend some time getting my registry fixed before I can really even run FSX and FSUIPC4.

Okay. Good luck!

Regards

Pete