The simFlight Network Forums

Question about landing gear switch

Hi Pete, i want to know if there is a way to change the the pfc throttle console assigment of landing gear switch to parking breaks , because i bought a goflight landing gear module and i need to change the pfc switch, i hope any one can help, thanks.

Hi Pete, i want to know if there is a way to change the the pfc throttle console assigment of landing gear switch to parking breaks

Using a registered install of FSUIPC you can re-assign any of the PFC buttons and switches, and even the axes (but in the latter case you have to disable them in the PFC driver too).

Just go to the Buttons & Switches option tab in FSUIPC. Operate the Gear lever, then reassign as you wish, to FS controls or to Key presses.

Unfortunately the FS parking brake control is a "toggle", meaning there's only one control and it switches on and off alternately. This means you'd need to synchronize the lever to start with.

Alternatively you can program the "off" position ("released") to write a zero to the FSUIPC parking brake offset -- Control "Offset word set", Offset xBC8, Parameter 0 -- and the "on" ("pressed") to write 32767 to the same place -- Control "Offset word set", Offset xBC8, Parameter 32767. Then it should be in sync as soon as you use it.

Regards

Pete