The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Boeing 747-400 for FSX

Yes, I can make the red turn white. What about the change in shape of the engine exhaust, from GE style to RR style? Is there anything I can do about that?

It is less than a pixel size on screen ( all 75 and below models have the same engine, which is about a simplified CF6. The difference in length of the painted part is about 30 cm, that is quarter of a pixel only. The fact that it switches from a tube with 24 sides to 12 on the 150 model to 6 sides on the 75 model is optically more visible - that is how fast programming needs to be done.

Yes, I will certainly pick up the 300 series too. You may want to take another pass at Qantas. I've updated the 744 template with a stronger red (from B737 or 738) to fit better with the rest of the fleet (see paint thread).

Simon

Dear Simon, thanks for the texture, I will make a night light for that one, and most likely change the 743 and 742 textures to be as identical as possible. If I would ask you if I shall change the QFA743 or prepare a file called My742, I predict the answer :lol:

Just as a side remark, all these models are intended for PAX only, Freighters will come.

My742. Did you predict right :wink: I hope the 747 paints will let you spend a little more time on the models.

On the freighters. Did you see the Just Flight screenshots with the opening nose cargo door (hint!)

No. I never look at them, because their product contained nothing up to now not copied from my work. I thought of it though, but there is no animation coupled to Cargo parkings in FSX...

Hello Burkhard,

is it possible, to upload the new complete 744 package again? (filename "B744MX.zip"). If I want to download this file you've posted a few pages before, there appears an error message.

Patric

So, I just uploaded a new version of http://www.fsrail.com/My744.zip and http://www.fsrail.com/My743.zip .

The included master texture is very similar to the 1.5 version, with a little change that from some angles I had the impression of a minimal gray line, so I made the parts one pixel longer, and kept the red parts which are RR only. The LH paint is adapted to the new window scheme. The night maps fit with these windows now perfectly.

On the tail, the rudder is narrower than the part before, this gives a shadow ( that I see as symmetric, if identical light envionments are chosen). This tail was on the model when it was for test and comments here for many weeks, and never got any comments - now it is far to late for any changes.

Thanks Burkhard. I had a quick look at the -400 master texture and it looks good. Tomorrow I'll try to get everything done so far updated and uploaded, and try to get to the -300s started as well. It may be quite late tomorrow! And now we have the -200 to work on! Well done, we'll be finished everything by Christmas :wink:

Next will be the 747-100, (some differences in the geometry compared to the 747-200), and than the freighters. Have some ideas and have to test them...

Anybody of you a frequent visitor to cargo ramps? I checked through my own archive of pictures and found hundreds of cargo 747, but none ever had the mouth open. Again on a.net I scanned the first 1000 747 cargo pictures, and none had an open mouth. Anybody has an iside that opening the mouth is a realy rare event ( only in case of extremely large cargo ), or is it frequent and worth some side effects to airport logic?

Why is world so complicated :cry:

I learned that the 747-400F has a different fuseledge than the 747-400 - it does not need the longer upper deck. But now conversion of 747-400 to freighter has started, and these keep their long upper deck. If I'm right these are called 747-400(BCF)....

Burkhard,

My only comment would be that judging from screenshots, a competitor is going in this direction, and if MyTraffic does not have this facility they may promote that difference.

Simon

Frankly, I think we shouldn't bother about too much about an addon which hasn't even been released. ;-) I'm sure Burkhard will keep it in the back of his mind. Besides, it's something moving MyTraffic users will hardly ever notice. It would make a cool screenshot though... :-)

I find the artifact on the tail/rudder much more of an issue now. It's the only 'stain' on an otherwise outstanding aircraft.

BCF = BeCame Freighter? :-)

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap