The simFlight Network Forums

For when a new 757 model?

mvc340

How could you know that, I made a new 757 fuseledge last week. So once the 747s are made, what seems to be not more than 400 or 500 hours of work, this will advance, and cost another 600-700 hours to be finished. If you pay me €20 per hour, so €14000, I can start with it immediately :lol:

So we are making great progress on all fronts, particularly with the airbus, and soon 747 and 757. Where do the 777 and Hs146 (or whatever it's called these days - RJ?) come on the roadmap? Incidentally there's a lot of noise over on the just flight traffic forums about an annoucement this week - we'll see.

LOL. Announced Q1, announced Q2, announced soon. Now we're almost halfway through Q3 and they're apparently still announcing. ;-) Nevertheless, they're smart people. ;-)

Next in the pipeline is mainly a matter of user choices. In model numbers, FSX Boeings still have the upper hand at the moment. It's probably fair to state, that CRJ2&7, 145, B767, B777 and indeed BAe146 are in line after the B744, B757, A300, A310, A319, A320 and A321... Boatloads of work before getting there though.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Thanks, flying-w. Probably needless to mention that all contributions are warmly welcomed. Be it wishes, ideas, reporting bugs, modifying airport layouts or painting. ;-) AI is very versatile.

Here's a link to a thread re painting.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=61484

Pls feel free to post in it should you have further questions.

Hope this helps, cheers and kind regards

Jaap

@flying-w: All repainters are welcome! If you decide to do some painting and you want any help don't hesitate to ask. 8)

@Jaap: I read the announcement on the Just Flight forums. Looks like they are trying to follow in MyTraffic's footsteps with a time machine of their own, but I think by the time they release their traffic software MyT will be light-years ahead, not to mention the number of paints...

I don't have much time but I'll try to find some over the next few days. My photoscenery and road traffic projects are pretty much done now.

Just read the Just Flight annoucement. If they have rebuilt all 65 models in FSX SP1 format and repainted them, that would be quite an achivement. I hope they clarify that, but at least right now we know exactly which MyTrafficX models are done, and what's next.

Simon,

The 747s are just out and there are virtually no paints (except Lufthansa, correct me if I am wrong) for it. So, why dont you start off there?

That was a good idea, because source images and the blank texture pattern are easy to find!

Originally I had planned to do "BMIBaby" since I had not spotted this operator so far. Can't see it in the editor.

@ Simon, welcome aboard. :-) Any amount of paints will make a difference. You're a quick learner, your words reminded me of Burkhard's description of the ideal picture - very funny. It's such a great picture it doesn't exist. :-)

I would have said: Perhaps start with a plane the painters know best and where single liveries will currently make a difference, A319-321? But a 744 BA is great too. :-)

@ BadDog, thanks for joining in and looking after Simon, appreciated. As you probably know, Burkhard is away a couple of days. Again, muchas graçias. :-)

Re JF,

Looks like another announcement of the announcement to me... :-) Now it's coming this autumn... Hmmm, really? ;-)

Did you notice all the ™ this and ™ that?

Anyway, competition is good and we certainly have areas to improve upon. But I doubt there will ever be a MyTraffic 'Airspotty' or something alike. :-)

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Simon, welcome aboard.

The current state of FSX aircrafts is the following ( correct me if wrong:

B717,MD80,87,90 are completely covered by Bad Dogs and Terhis efforts as they were 3 months ago. If a new operator turned up since than, or you like another historic paint, feel free to do so.

B737s, from -200 to -500, had been completely done by myself, including a BMI baby, last spring, these paints could be converted to the FSX layout scheme, and are the basis of the current 737s. Quite some paints got added since than, some more got improved, and there are some to do again. If you intend to do some, just post here, the danger for dublicates is low.

A330 and 340 are almost comoletely covered, same for A310 and A300. If you want to add another one, just go aheas, nobody is likely to do so.

One aircraft that needs care, nobody jumped in yet, is the Fokker 50.

And of course, the 744 could need one or two more paints and a feedback if it is OK, once we have frozen it I will add the 743 ( with identical fuseledge), than the 742,744F, and the 74SP.

Hi Burkhard,

You mention that the 737 paints are not FSX format. What does that mean, or what is the downside? Does that mean you can take an FSX SP1 model and use say FS9 repaints with it? Just wish to increase my understanding of this area.

I'll look harder for BMIBaby. Since they operate 737s, they should still show up in the FSX SP1 only schedule which I'm now using, right?

In any case I'll continue to explore repainting the 747. What tool do you use, as baddog is right in paint being less than ideal?

Simon

The 737 layout that I created could be converted, using a little tool, to twhar we have now, so when I upload a kit with 737 blank textures, these will be fully FSX usable.

When I do my paints, I use MS paint togther with Irfan View, these two togther can do all I need - but every painter has other experiences.

Irfan View has very good algorithms for rescaling texture fragments, fine tunings of colors and tones, fine rotations to fractions of degrees.