The simFlight Network Forums
ightenhill

Avsim FSX afcads

I used to have some decent afcads from avsim which ficked some layouts to match the charts better etc.. An example would be the KSAV afd for FSX. This put jetways where they are suppose to be on the right terminal etc.. I notice now when I fly from KSAV that the jetways have gone from the terminal and all the AI seem to be parking up in the GA area (the milatary stuff is ok).. I also have two control towers.. MyTraffic is in the right place in the scenery library..Is it not possible to use AFcads then from avsim unless they are part of airport scenery opr is there a way round this..

Hi,

This is probably happening because the AFCADs you are trying to use were not developed using the same standards and specifications (e.g. parking diameter) that MyTraffic adheres to. The only way around this is to try alternate AFCADs for the airports in question.

@ Danny, assuming you mean Jim Vile's KSAV, install it via 'method nr2' or create a 'personal afcad' folder which then resides above MT in the Scenery Library. This will sort the layer prob.

With regard to AI in general, it's probably best to leave default FSX scenery folders default as much as possible. With all the FSX-Afcad names and conventions, adding airport layouts will likely go best in categories. For example making sure a BR2_KSAV isn't interfering AFX_KSAV. HST, it's also going to be handy that you know which tool(s) were used to make airports if you replace them. ;-)

@ Husain, good to see you back. Hope you're doing alright.

Kind regards

Jaap

Hi Danny, what I did yesterday to quickly verify: Created a folder called 'Jim Vile' with a 'scenery' subfolder inside. Then I put the 3 files in this scenery folder and copied the whole 'Jim Vile' folder into FS\Addon Scenery. Then, FSX was started and I added Jim Vile to FSX's Scenery Library.

You could also use Jim's method #2, which is adding the 3 files into FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery. However, this will only work properly if the MyTraffic layer is in between 'Addon Scenery' and 'Propeller Objects' in the Scenery Library.

Hope this helps, kind regards

Jaap