The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starwarsodai

My Traffic X, support and models

But all the models do have the 'standard' lights, as it were? :)

I'm not really too fussed about tail lights, not every airline uses them. But that's no excuse to give up Burkard.... :D

I had a go with the demo thing. What I noticed was that the plane does not interact with the pushback vehicle, nor do the engines spin? I also noticed that the plane performed take off without permission (I was on tower channel)? :lol:

Hm, it does interact with the pushback truck, we would have to check about settings and which version of the airport you use, have seen this hundreds of times - nor does any AI plane enter the runway without permission - I could never program something like that to happen - but one of your artificial colleagues may have given this on another frequency. MyTraffic only gives the aircraft model and paint, a destination and a departure time to FSX - and FSX does with it than what it wants to do.

hello,

It may have just been a one off bug. I was messing around a lot with the time in FSX to see the A380 depart. Anyway, if it does interact with the truck, how exactly would it 'turn'? From what I saw, it reverses slightly, then, rotates 180 degrees on the spot. Would the truck just be spun around? :lol: Not that I was using it at the time, but, is this package compatible with addon scnery, like in FS9?

How about the engine turbofan issue? Is this normal, or again, just a small bug?

EDIT: This (viewforum.php?f=4) comes bundled with MT 06 doesn't it? And will I pay anything extra (taxes etc) on top of the 40 euros, as I am purchasing from the UK? Just making sure before I purchase... :)

EDIT 2: Damn it.... The euro's getting more expensive every day...:D Will sim-market ever trade in dollars...? :lol:

Pushback is exactly like with the Microsoft aircraft: The truck goes forward, pushes the aircraft back approx 30 m, than moves back to the original location. Now the aircraft calls the tower "ready to taxi" and taxis on its own, making a 180 degree turn.

If you look at the Microsoft supplied aircraft as AI, you will see that these do not have turning fans - there is bug in FSX that just does not use this animation on aircraft made with FSX SDK. This still was in AccPack, I doubt it will be fixed with SP2, but didn't check yet.

You will see though that the MyTraffic aircraft do show a little rotation of the fans, at least when moving - I misuse the central tire animation to get some engine turning effect to reduce this effect of FSX bug.

Now you are asking details and little secrets as if you were writing an AI program yourself :lol:

And yes, together with the download of the installer of MyTrafficX you get a download of an installer for the latest FS9 version.

Now you are asking details and little secrets as if you were writing an AI program yourself :lol:

Burkhard, do not forget that industrial espionage is merely the sincerest form of flattery... :wink:

How about the taxes issue, and the addon scenery problem? :lol:

I have been robed once this way, that I wrote an essay for another developer how AI traffic can be organized, just to find that developer to anounce an own AI traffic package implementing exactly whatI had written him, so while I stick to the truth, I know how not to stick to full truth :lol:

Simmarket automatically applies the correct taxes for you. I do not know about any addon scenery problem, as long as the order in scenery library is suitable.

That is a question I cannot answer, because the sales process is in the hands of Simmarket's sales team and I have no access to those computers. I didn't hear this yet, but really cannot comment.

hello,

I went ahead and purchased anyway... :lol:

BTW, from what I understand, we have a limit of 10 downloads max? I clicked the link once, and the number went down to 8... Why?

im not sure why that happened but you need to back it up on c.d.