The simFlight Network Forums

Can we use the current FSUIPC for fs2004?

Guest Rainy

Guest Rainy

Just wondering as I currently use Radar contact for my ATC and its run on a different PC using Widefs. If the new version of FSUIPC isnt released in time for the release of fs2004 would the current version run with fs2004? Dont want it for weather effects or anything just for radar contact and as radar contact only reads data from FSUIPC and not writes to it I was thinking it might work.

I will be purchasing the new version of FSUIPC once its released as ill be using activesky 2.0 once thats released for FS2004.

Any light on this subject and i would be most thankful

Just wondering as I currently use Radar contact for my ATC and its run on a different PC using Widefs. If the new version of FSUIPC isnt released in time for the release of fs2004 would the current version run with fs2004?

No way! I've not even got a version which will run with FS2004 Release version.

I am hoping for my advanced copy of FS2004 to arrive soon, and then I will get to work on it. The changes needed in FSUIPC just from Beta 2 to Beta 3 of FS2004 took around 120 hours real hard work. I don't know if the differences between Beta 3 and the Release version will be more or less. The relationship between FSUIPC and FS is very intricate. It isn't using regular gauge/panel interfaces, they do not provide enough control nor data.

I am pretty sure I wil be able to release an FS2004 compatible version of FSUIPC around the same time as FS2004 is released, but it may not be complete at that time. It should support the majority of applications, however. There will be a fairly frequent update rate for a few months whilst I find other stuff, no doubt.

Regards,

Pete