The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

New Version of MyTraffic Communicator

Dear Friends, a new version of the Communicator is available under

http://www.fsrail.com/MyTraffic_Communicator.zip

Unzip and put the executable to the \MyTraffic folder.

This version has been tested to work under XP and Windows Vista, besides the fact that Windoes Vista does not allow one executable to execute another one. So whatever you download using the communicator to MyTrafficAircraftInstallers, you have to invoke it manually.

As example, if you have MyTraffic 5.1 installed and invoke "actual patches", it will offer you a download, and when you press "invoke download" it will create a file MTXU51a.zip under MyTrafficAircraftInstallers . Note that the download of a free 210 MB update might take long, and the communicator waits until this is done before reacting again.

Cabin crew, take place for landing :lol:

Additional note: 'My Traffic Communicator' requires the MS DotNet2 framework.

In Windows Vista nothing needs to be done except for running the Communicator with Administrator rights as the necessary DotNets are included.

Under Windows XP and without the DotNet2 framework, it's strongly recommended to install the DN-frameworks in their order: DotNet v.1.1 followed by DotNet v.2. Installing DN1.1 after DN2 can compromise the operating system.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/resulayLang=en

Have fun and kind regards

Jaap

When I try to execute MyTraffic_Communicator.exe, I get the message that I am in offline mode. I have an internet connection and I can invoke it independantly, but it doesn't get recognized by this program.

Any thoughts on what may be happening?

Bob F.

Is the Internet Connection active when you start the communicator. It is using the basic .net 2.0 sockets to connect, so there must be something in your system in the way. Can you use Internet Explorer as Web browser, or is this blocked?

If the problem persists, please send me a PM and I can give you a link privately for your special case.

Hi, do I need this one, if I have installed My traffic X Version 5.1a today.

Maybe I do, as the one in the my traffic folder, doesn't do anything when I try to download something so I d/l the one from the link on this post and it does work, but even though I run it as an administrator in Vista, I get a error message saying "cannot excute download file"

I've tried with Airbus A320 and a BA 146, as there are no liveries showing for the Qantas BA146 with Direct X 10 Preview tuned on, all other afct are showing liveries okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Phil

5.1a is the latest version of MyTraffic, and there will be no new one too fast - therefore the communicator will not download anything ( and executing a downloaded program does not work under Vista.0 anyways, so we wait for Vista SP1 if this fixes this Vista bug ).

Concerning the DX10 preview:

DX10 preview requires a major rewrite of most of the stuff, so MyTraffic 5.x any version is written for DX9 - we even do not have the final bits of DX10 yet, only the state they were in with AccPack.

MyTraffic X 5.1a is the only addon on the market that support the DX10 preview in the following way: We have a special set of schedules that use the models that are already DX10 compatible only, they make up 60% of the world AI traffic. Look into this forum for more about DX10 support.

Thanks for reply and info

THought it might be a Vista thing.

As for Direct X 10, yes I know, My Traffic is the only AI traffic add on that is displaying any of it's afct liveries, Traffic and UT do not and one has no idea from their desingers when they will.

Oh, from Phil Taylors of Aces, blogs I wouldn't expect any more to be done with Direct X 10 in regards for FSX.

Anymore they plan to do is for FS11

That I got from FS Insder blog and at Avsim forum.

But as I said, My Traffic is way ahead of it's compeitors and I suspect will be for quite awhile.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for this confirmation. Keep hanging around on this forum, you will see more aircraft coming together, it is just a question of much hard work - designing for FSX is much more complicated than it was for FS8 or FS9.

Concerning UT and JF, now that their black wing problems are solved by SP2 for DX9, I doubt that they will invest so much into a version for DX10 preview that is likely, but not warranted to work in FSXI. They never minded for performance anyways.

Does this version of Communicator get rid of the problems in Vista where one cannot get the program to download any updates? I am always getting the error message 'cannot execute download file'.

Is this file only for MTX 5.1? What about for MT 2006?

This file is only for version 5.1. In version 5.1a, you have exactly this file.

I do not know if this Vista bug gets fixed with Vista SP1, but in our plans we do not rely on that and will remove many functions that Vista is uncapable to do.

hello,

Burkhard, if the communicator does not work, how can I receive update files and fixes? I recall you telling me the communicator is the only way MT users (download version) can access updates/fixes?

Hi, I've seen updates files links posted on this forum, like we had for the 747'-400s repaints with textures that show using Direct X 10 preview.

Also re Communicator, looks like Vista SP1 is not going to help it.

I have the SP1 RC version which is avaliable to the public now and when I run communicator and select aircraft installer and type of acft, nothing happens.

Yes, in their "security" hype MS has removed many basic functions that were avaialble in Windows 98,NT,2000.ME and XP. We have to reduce functions tio scope with what is left.

All fixes are in the Post 5.1a thread. Future updates are in the topics as long as expeimwntal, once they are frozen there will be a sticky announcement of it.

Attached comes a new version of the comunicator for the update from version 5.1 or 5.1a to version 5.1b. Please place the included files to the MyTraffic folder for performing the incremental update. This version will show you the details of the update process.

If your FSX computer is not attached to the internet, you can install this archive to any place. Make sure the folder MyTrafficAircraftInstallers gets created. Add the file MT_versionX.txt from your MyTraffic folder to this remote folder. Which installer you need is encoded into this file.

In the event your network setup is not compatible to Dot Net downloads, please send us a message including MTX_versionX.txt so that we can see what you need. Serving you with this may take a while. please give us 5 working days before reminding,

The DVD version distributed by Aerosoft cannot be updated using the Communicator. A special installer for Aerosoft standards will be prepared and distributed by Aerosoft in a few weeks.

Please do not add this attachment to version 5.1b.

Updater.zip

By going online. Some users complained about the old communicator to go online without being asked. Now just select the forum or a download and you get online.

I am online. I think I figured it out though. I hadn't placed your new Offline file in my MyTraffic folder, as your instructions said to just place the executable there. Once I did that, I received your new offline instructions to go to View, New Version. I am downloading the update to my Installers folder now. Other users will probably have this same issue.

Hi,

I downloaded the updater and installed in Mytraffiic directory and then ran the new Communicator to update from 5.1a to 5.1b. I selected upgrade to 5.1b version and the download started. It took about 15 minutes, about 400 meg, and ended saying file MTXU51ab.zip was downloaded. I looked in MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and the file was not there. I ran a search on FSX folder no file and then a search on my whole disk drive and no file found. Where does it copy the file to so I can unzip and install it? I am running Vista.

Thanks Jim

Hello All:)

I placed the installer zip in My Traffic folder and activated the communicator, then clicked patches and was advised that version 5.1b was available for download.

I then activated the download button and after waiting 10 min moused and checked the menu icon and it indicated that the patch was not responding.

Any comments welcomed.

Kenny G.

MyTraffic Communicator installs the file to the MyTrafficAircraftinstallers folder. If you run Vista, you must make sure that you have full control over that folder.

@Kenny: What did the byte counters in the new Communicator show? Or did you still use the old communicator?

MyTraffic Communicator installs the file to the MyTrafficAircraftinstallers folder. If you run Vista, you must make sure that you have full control over that folder.

@Kenny: What did the byte counters in the new Communicator show? Or did you still use the old communicator?

Hi Burkhard:

Here is a pic of My Traffic Folder possible I have the installer not correctly installed.

Kenny G.

post-231-128689600044_thumb.jpg

There shouldn't be a MyTraffic folder in the MyTraffic folder, please delete that. instead, open the updater.zip, browse in there, and copy the communicator and offline.htm to the MyTraffic Folder, replacing the old ones.

There shouldn't be a MyTraffic folder in the MyTraffic folder, please delete that. instead, open the updater.zip, browse in there, and copy the communicator and offline.htm to the MyTraffic Folder, replacing the old ones.

Hi Burkhard

Did as you suggested and downloaded the new version as suggested and it appears it was successful as I received a successful download message indicating that MTX451ab.zip was successfully downloaded.

Is this all that has to be done.

Tks. for your support.

Kenny G.