The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

New Version of MyTraffic Communicator

In this zip file you find a Readme and the installer to actually perform the update.

Where do I find this zip file.

It is not in My Traffic Folder.

Tks. for your assistance.

Kenny G.

MyTrafficAircraftInstallers\MTXU51...zip, as the message that you acknowledged told you what the .. stands for, either b or ab.

MyTrafficAircraftInstallers\MTXU51...zip, as the message that you acknowledged told you what the .. stands for, either b or ab.

Tks. Burkhard:

Found it, installed it, and I now have 5.1B

Kenny G.

Hi well done to all.

This communicator even works with Vista 32bit

I ran it and tried to download update, and it said I had version 5.1b installed, so all is good.

Cheers

Phil M

Hi Phil, thanks for the feedback.

Absolutely, if you set the permissions properly, everything should work flawlessly in Vista.

Vista remains unusable for certain things (here), but it's a great OS (IMHO) for users who easily adopt to the new security concepts and mainly want to use software.

'Sucky sucky' in Vista are for example (IMHO): Windows Explorer, Add/Remove Programs, 'Search' is flawed although improved, plus a couple of other details. Results are random at times, maybe not an good sign?

Very good is: Reading and displaying data from the HD! I would even say veeery, veeery good! :-) My personal verdict: Minus the a.m., this Mac clone and FSX on it get 8 if not 9/10. LOL, 9/10 is - of course - FSX with MTX! ;-)

For the first time, even my girlfriend looks at FS - that definitely is a good sign!! :-)

Again, thanks for the feeback, Phil.

Have fun and kind regards

Jaap

what about upgrading from version 5.0. Having difficulty getting the communicator to download new versions. Stuck on "please wait while reading from the web server" Is this not allowed?

Hi jjinda

What version of MyTraffic_Communicator are u using?

I use one dated 5th Feb 2008 in file name and have no problem using it with Vista 32bit.

Sometimes the IE page it opens doesn't have anything on it, but from the menu at the top, the options are there to download updates etc.

I used it last night to download the full versions of My Traffic 5.1b. as I only had beta version of 5.1b

And it downloaded okay, except now I cannot find where it saved the file to. Which I posted a question about in a seperate post today.

Cheers

Phil

Hi jjinda

What version of MyTraffic_Communicator are u using?

I use one dated 5th Feb 2008 in file name and have no problem using it with Vista 32bit.

Sometimes the IE page it opens doesn't have anything on it, but from the menu at the top, the options are there to download updates etc.

I used it last night to download the full versions of My Traffic 5.1b. as I only had beta version of 5.1b

And it downloaded okay, except now I cannot find where it saved the file to. Which I posted a question about in a seperate post today.

Cheers

Phil

Hello everyone, have had to re-install fsx due to a system problem, I have re-installed My Traffic X but trying to upgrade to 5.1b it is just not happening, I believe I have to download the latest communicator my present version is 40.1.0.0. When I try to down load the update to 5.1b the communicator just stops responding. Anyone any ideas please? :?

My system is FSX sp2 and Vista32..

Thank you

John

Ps I am away for just over a week from now so will give an information required on my return.

Hi,

I'm having some trouble that I've never had before with the updater. When I try to DL the new version the window comes up, fills in MTXV52 and MTXV52a in the boxes, then never changes from "Please wait - reading from the server". I've got the newest MTcommunicator from the thread.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Ben

I checked it to work. You do not see the counters to start increasing after you pressed the download button? In this case I assume a firewall somewhere blocks something. Or the server is too busy with so many downloading? If the problem continues, PM me.

The download button remains greyed-out indefinitely. Dunno why. I've used communicator to update before.

Ack! Never mind... I reinstalled 5.2, and now have the correct communicator version. Duh... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ben