The simFlight Network Forums
boing71234567

my traffic x and TNCM

does it work good in american computer's? i know you can buy it in $ but im wondering will it work good and not do anything bad or have a corrupted file or something like that?

Hi Boing, no problem on American computers, the largest customer group are in fact Americans. ;-)

FWIW, personally, I would recommend the download only and back it up on CD myself. In six months from now, the current installer will be old again and we'll have new installers.

AI changes a lot and is very dynamic, not like a airport scenery or mesh replacement which is more or less static data. That's why AI on a DVD/CD is a nice start but is also probably less convenient in the long run.

Hope this adds to thoughts. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards

Jaap

Revised scenery file is attached. I based the revision on google maps and some recent aerial photos of TNCM. The main revision is the apron parking adjacent to the existing terminal (parking spaces G1 - G5), and I've added a taxiway (AB extended) from the new parking apron to runway 9 per photos. The main exclusion is the new terminal with jetways that is located north of the modified apron parking. If I can figure out how to use GMAX I'll add the new terminal with jetways in a follow-on. The main purpose here is to make the existing fsx TNCM more realistic per recent photos. Let me know if you find any problems.

TNCM Scenery.rar

Many thanks Kagazi, will try it out.

LOL, it might be time to remove the 'newbie comment' at the bottom of your posts? :-)

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

i think im going to get the cd version. does anything differ from the download version and the cd version? except that you get it quicker. and how long would it take for it to get to my house?

thank you

The actual DVD version by Aerosoft still is version 5.1, so you still have to get the update to 5.1a from the Aerosoft site than.

The more I explore the more I realize how little I know :? Maybe I should use this as my new tag :?:

Gmax isn't going to be easy...from the initial look at the program I think there's a bit of a steep learning curve. I found an idiots guide on another forum that I can use but this terminal isn't standard and may take some time.

post-19713-128689564401_thumb.jpg

Oh, you want to start with rear design work.

First: WELCOME aboard!

Second: Start with something really simple. You huse, if it is simple. If it ain't , your garage.

Designing an airport like this one I only know a handful of designers dare to do so, and all of those have worked on smaller things for years, if not a decade!

But if I can give you some advice, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you Burkhard but I won't waste your valuable time with this project...besides, by the look at my first attempt of designing my chair, I'll be lucky to have the TNCM terminal ready by fs12 :mrgreen: I may start with the hill and white domb radar tower behind the airport.

post-19713-128689564619_thumb.jpg

accouple more questions. how much more will it cost in american money to ship it? and if i get the download will it absolutly work. we had some troubles in the past with one download.

I have absolutely now idea what the shipping costs - there you have to contact the sales people.

All the users you see here have the download version, and this worked as well as the CD version - indeed problems with "My computer could not read the CD" are as frequent as download problems. But please check your PM in a minute too.

CD service:

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_infcts_id=426

@ Boing, you'll see, the download is the more painless process, specially in the long run. If you burn your own backup, just don't burn it on a cheap CD-R or other medium, then store it in a 'safe from daylight' and humidity place. Make sure the medium is premium quality like TDK, Verbatim, etc.

Keep asking questions if you have them. :-)

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Boing, My Traffic X can be everything where MTX 5.0 was released a year ago = 4 steps behind.

Isn't 5.0 the one you have?

In the MyTraffic root directory, there's a file called 'MT_VersionX.txt'

If file endings are disabled only 'MT_VersionX' is displayed.

Please open this file with an editor (MS Notepad) and it will tell you which MT version you have. Which you will then hopefully tell us? ;-)

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

post-5896-128689564894_thumb.jpg

hi,

i tried to get you a picture of it but it dodnt work so ill tell you. the whole addons called my traffic x, but there's one file that says MTX_V50a.myt

i think that means that i got my traffic x 5.0 right?