The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 dont start

Hi ive installed FSUIPC4 4.20........im told its installed correctly but when i load fs it doesnt apear in addons.........is this a firewall problem?

thanks

I don't know. It is one possibility. I need more information.

Is this the first time you've installed FSUIPC4?

Can you find the FSX/Modules folder, and there find the Install FSUIPC4 log file and the FSUIPC4 log file? If so, please show them here (they are both ordinary text files and can be copied/pasted from Notepad).

Regards

Pete

hi is this it.?

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

hi is this it.?

That's the Install log, and it shows it installed okay and that you have SP1 installed.

But I repeat the other questions (suitably revised):

Is this the first time you've tried to use FSUIPC4 in FSX?

Can you find the FSX/Modules folder (I now know you can), and there find the FSUIPC4 log file? If so, please show it here (it is an ordinary text files and can be copied/pasted from Notepad).

The FSUIPC4.log file will show me more about why you get no Add-Ons menu. After that we may need to go further -- getting a SimConnect log , possibly. But show me the FSUIPC4 log file first.

Regards

Pete

hi is this it.?

That's the Install log, and it shows it installed okay and that you have SP1 installed.

But I repeat the other questions (suitably revised):

Is this the first time you've tried to use FSUIPC4 in FSX?

Can you find the FSX/Modules folder (I now know you can), and there find the FSUIPC4 log file? If so, please show it here (it is an ordinary text files and can be copied/pasted from Notepad).

The FSUIPC4.log file will show me more about why you get no Add-Ons menu. After that we may need to go further -- getting a SimConnect log , possibly. But show me the FSUIPC4 log file first.

Regards

Pete

hi i reinstalled it after seeing it not work but that was only the second time

as for a log file-what log file?!i read some other guy couldnt find aswell.

also i get the addons menu but doesnt contain anything about fsuipc just about fsinn-which i use on vatsim.

thanks

hi the reason why thought problem with FSUIPC4 is because Im trying to load 'iFly 747-400 V1.1.0.0 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X'......it says FSUIPC4 needs to be on my computer,,,,,,the thing is when I load the 'ifly 747' its displays-e.g. eicas are blank............i assumed it was a problem with FSUIPC4 as ive heard there should be some reference to it in the addons menu , and on my addons menu there isnt any reference

thanks

as for a log file-what log file?!i read some other guy couldnt find aswell.

You managed to find the Install FSUIPC4 log file. There's also one forom FSUIPC4, just called the FSUIPC4 log. If it isn't there then you have never run FSX with FSUIPC4 installed.

also i get the addons menu but doesnt contain anything about fsuipc just about fsinn-which i use on vatsim.

Sounds like FSUIPC4 isn't even being loaded -- you probably have a bad Simconnect.xml file. Check the folder which contains your FSX.CFG file.

Pete

oh im lost now.......i know that folder..got open now but i dont know what you are asking and theres not one of those files in there with that name....i dont get any of this...u have in your release notes the exact prob ive been saying and u mention firewalls or internet security being prob...

b

oh im lost now.......i know that folder..got open now but i dont know what you are asking and theres not one of those files in there with that name.

Ahin that case, I do really need to know whether there is or is not amn FSUIPC4LOG (and FSUIPC4.INI) file in the FSX Modules folder. If there is not, then FSUIPC4 is not even being loaded, which means that the DLL.XML file is wrong (that *must* be in the same folder as FSX.CFG). If the FSUIPC4 files are there, I still need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG file, please.

u have in your release notes the exact prob ive been saying and u mention firewalls or internet security being prob...

Yes, but if that were the problem you would have no AddOns menu at all and FSInn could not run either.

As another test you could try removing FSCopilot.dll from the FSX Modules folder, if it is there -- just temporarily, as a test.

Pete

As another test you could try removing FSCopilot.dll from the FSX Modules folder, if it is there -- just temporarily, as a test.

Pete

hi not going to keep pestering.......alas though...how is it my fault?!.....thanks for help so far......I'll make this the last mail to spare both our sanities.....i removed that dll and now when launching fsx ,NO addons folder appears.........it seems your program isnt even launching and theres not a lot i can do about it

thanks and farewell

hi not going to keep pestering.

It isn't pestering. We are trying to get some information. Most all of what I need to know first will be in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, which you don't seem to want to even look for, let alone show me.

I also suggested, as a test, trying to run FSX without FSCopilot (which would diable FSInn), to see if there was some interaction. With the early versions, and before FSX SP1 update, FSCopilot was sometimes causing SimConnect to not correctly run FSUIPC.

....alas though...how is it my fault?!

Who said it was? What is the matter with you? Can you not just respond to questions, asked to try to elicit information, to help? I am trying my best with you! :-(

i removed that dll and now when launching fsx ,NO addons folder appears.

Ah, so you DID run that test!! Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of getting all weird and emotional?

That eliminates one possibility.

So, now, can you actually positively confirm that there is no FSUIPC4.LOG and no FSUIPC4.INI file in the FSX/Modules folder?

.it seems your program isnt even launching and theres not a lot i can do about it

Why isn't there? You want to give up when we've only just started? After several exchanges we've established three important things already:

(1) FSUIPC4 install is okay

(2) there's no firewall or other such blockage, and

(3) it isn't any interaction with FSCopilot.

If there definitely is no sign of the LOG and INI files then you are correct, FSUIPC4 isn't getting loaded at all. There's only one file which will be responsible for that -- the DLL.XML file which is in the same folder as FSX.CFG. Find that and show it to me. It is a normal text file and can be opened in Notepad and Copied/Pasted into a message.

If you really want to quit, by all means do so. but I really don't see why you are so wound up and emotional about this. I'm giving a good response rate aren't I? It's been less than 6 hours since you first raised the problem. How many support departments give such a response?

Regards

Pete

If there definitely is no sign of the LOG and INI files then you are correct, FSUIPC4 isn't getting loaded at all. There's only one file which will be responsible for that -- the DLL.XML file which is in the same folder as FSX.CFG. Find that and show it to me. It is a normal text file and can be opened in Notepad and Copied/Pasted into a message.

Hi yeah i was feeling like quitting cos i hate dishing out problems and not being able to solve myself and i felt i was bugging u and i hate that-ususally i try to sort things myself....yeah just to say uve been more than generous with your support.....i cant believe infact...here is that file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

FSCopilot

False

Modules\FSCopilot.dll

-

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

-

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

-

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

thanks

here is that file:

Okay. So I take it then that you confirm that there is no FSUIPC4.LOG or INI files to be found.

The mystery deepens, because that DLL.XML file is okay, it is as it should be.

The only answer now is to obtain a SimConnect log file -- it will tell us if it is trying to load FSUIP4 and if not, hopefully why not.

It is easy enough, so please don't back out now. See the Announcement near the top of this Forum entitled "FSX Help ...". Ignore the bit about repairing SimConnect for now, just do the Log bit. Run FSX, get the problem, close FSX, get the SimConnect log file, ZIP it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards

Pete

... get the SimConnect log file, ZIP it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Received the file this morning. Thanks.

It gets weirder. That shows only FSCopilot.dll being seen by SimConnect, not FSUIPC4, and no failure to find or load FSUIPC4.

So, it really MUST be something to do with that DLL.XML file after all. That tells it exactly what to load and where to look. The trouble is, the DLL.XML file you showed me is okay and does list FSUIPC4 correctly (as well as FSCopilot).

So. One more experiment. Let's substitute FSUIPC4 for FSCopilot in your DLL.XML file. I attach two DLL.XML files -- one is your original, but with the FSUIPC4 entry swapped with the FSCopilot entry, and the other with the FSUIPC4 entry INSTEAD of the FSCopilot entry -- i.e. no FSCopilot.

Save yours, then try with the first one. Do both FSUIPC4 and FSCopilot load, or neither?

Then try with the second one. Does FSUIPC4 load, or still only FSCopilot?

Finally, just so we know we are talking exactly on the same terms, could you re-run the FSUIPC4 Install.exe program, then Zip up and send me the Install FSUIPC4.log file from the FSX Modules folder. I'd like the actual file please.

Thanks,

Pete

DLLXML1.zip

DLLXML2.zip

Sorry, but in my haste to reply before I went out, I pressed "Edit" and edited your message instead of "quote" to reply to it with quotes. However, I did read it, and here is my reply. I'm sorry it isn't good news! :-(

Hi I tried both the files ...under the first fs copilot loads(in addons menu) but still no fsuipc..with second...no addons menu at all.. im sending the file u ask for by email

First I have to assume that by "no fsuipc" you did mean that you looked in the Modules folder and made sure there were no new FSUIPC4 files produced (like the Log and INI files)? [if not tell me soon, please].

If so, then I'm absolutely and completely out of ideas. The Install log is perfect, but even if it was screwed up the rest is not explainable.

In both of those XML files FSUIPC4 is clearly in the DLL.XML, in the place occupied previously by FSCopilot, and with everything absolutely the same excepting only the name of the DLL.

It is inconceivable to me that SimConnect can read that file, find and load FSCopilot okay, yet not only completely ignore the FSUIPC4 entry but not even report that it is wrong in some way! It simply makes no sense whatsoever. Even if the FSUIPC4.DLL file wasn't there it would report that in its Log. If it was there but it didn't like it, it would report that too. There is no case I know where it would simply do something like this, say "I don't think I'll take any notice of these parameters, so there!".

To test this, as an example, just edit the DLL.XML and change the spelling of "FSCopilot" to say "FSPilot". Run FSX, check the SimConnect log (you are still logging SimConnect? If not, do so for this). It should report that it cannot find " FSPilot". If it still actually loads FSCopilot then obviously we have been looking at the wrong DLL.XML file all along!

If it does, correctly, report that it cannot find "FSPilot", try a test with a misspelling of the FSUIPC4 entry. Change "FSUIPC4.dll" to "FSUIPC.dll". See what the log says.

Apart from such apparently daft tricks I just cannot think of any way of proceeding. You have a unique condition which, on all the evidence so far, is simply impossible.

There must be something we're missing, but I honestly cannot see it. It isn't as if I can add more diagnostics in order to find out -- I can't add anything useful to a program that is simply being blatantly ignored. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

You have a unique condition which, on all the evidence so far, is simply impossible.

Pete

lol-so others tell me.....

thanks for all your help pete.....i had a thought.....might try reinstalling flight sim......some bug has maybe developed i think in its files.......although what do i know?!.......maybe i'll leave of fs copilot this time........i thought that might be intereferring with it.although again im well out of my depth.

:cry:

thanks for all your help pete.....i had a thought.....might try reinstalling flight sim......some bug has maybe developed i think in its files.......although what do i know?!.......maybe i'll leave of fs copilot this time........i thought that might be intereferring with it.although again im well out of my depth.

Hmmm. I don't think FSCopilot is interfering with anything -- didn't we try a test with that not even loading? Two tests in fact!

Maybe an FSX reinstall would do it, but I'm not so confident. SimConnect is a side-by-side library and even if you do a complete uninstall first (which you should), parts of SimConnect are not removed. That FSX Help announcement does tell you how to fix this for the base version, but I think there are problems doing that in VGista -- you need extra privileges.

It might be worth doing those little edits in the DLL.XML file, just to see what happens. Here's the beginning of a SimConnect log I just got with FSUIPC4 and FSCopilot listed in the DLL.XML file, but no FSCopilot installed in Modules:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.04623 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.13076 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=2276, MaxClients=64

0.13313 File not found: Path="Modules\FSCopilot.dll"
0.55982 DLL Loaded:  Path="SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll"  Version="10.0.61637.0"
1.54959 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
4.44048 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.2.0.1"
&gt; 15.82679 [ 0, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="FSUIPC4"

This is actually from an installation with Acceleration already installed, so the version numbers and so on aren't like yours. But that message "File not found" has always been reported by Simconnect when it is told to load a module and it cannot find it. That's the crunch. In your log it didn't say it couldn't find FSUIPC4 even. Why not? Will it say that about FSCopilot if you move it or spell it wrong?

Regards

Pete

It might be worth doing those little edits in the DLL.XML file, just to see what happens. Here's the beginning of a SimConnect log I just got with FSUIPC4 and FSCopilot listed in the DLL.XML file, but no FSCopilot installed in Modules:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.04623 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.13076 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=2276, MaxClients=64

0.13313 File not found: Path="Modules\FSCopilot.dll"
0.55982 DLL Loaded:  Path="SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll"  Version="10.0.61637.0"
1.54959 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
4.44048 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.2.0.1"
&gt; 15.82679 [ 0, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="FSUIPC4"

This is actually from an installation with Acceleration already installed, so the version numbers and so on aren't like yours. But that message "File not found" has always been reported by Simconnect when it is told to load a module and it cannot find it. That's the crunch. In your log it didn't say it couldn't find FSUIPC4 even. Why not? Will it say that about FSCopilot if you move it or spell it wrong?

Pete

Hi just to say pete i reinstalled fsx etc and fsuipc...ah that was speedy...lol...... and still no joy.....so this is really bizarre to me at least now.I will try to do some of the above suggestion as and when

:(

thanks

b

Peter, Ive been looking through this forum and realise alot of people seem to get the exact problem i have....now as far as im concerned if fscopilot appears in the addons menu then so should your fsuipc subject to a rewrite prehaps...........I have had software before that wont load and then upon a change to its code in the form of a release of a new version, it works.

I have my copy installed of ifly 747 and would very much like to run it......if nothing else it saves me 100 bucks on the new pmdg will is well behind shedule......is there nothing u can do?.....im very inexperienced technically with programming and so am really not much help.......i can be a guinea pig but the fact remains....without fsuipc.........ive no ifly7474 and its most upsetting

thanks

b :(

Peter, Ive been looking through this forum and realise alot of people seem to get the exact problem i have

No. There is certainly no other case where SimConnect just ignores the entry in DLL.XML and doesn't even attempt to load the DLL.

....now as far as im concerned if fscopilot appears in the addons menu then so should your fsuipc subject to a rewrite prehaps...........I have had software before that wont load and then upon a change to its code in the form of a release of a new version, it works.

Well, that absolutely cannot happen here, because the code is not even getting a sniff of your computer, as proven by the fact that the SimConnect log doesn't even mention it. It has to actually be loaded into the memory in order to run, and it isn't being loaded.

There's something you are not seeing there. Even if FSUIPC4.DLL was nowhere on your PC, the fact that it is called for in the DLL.XML fiel means that SimConnect should look for it, and if it cannot find it it would report it in its log. The fact that it isn't even looking for it really means to me that you are either running a different FSX (one not for the user with the DLL.XML you showed me), or you have been looking at the wrong DLL.XML file.

I did suggest some further simple tests you could make, like misspelling FSCopilot in the DLL.XML file, and seeing if it still loaded, and then similarly with FSUIPC4's entry. But you never came back about any of that.

If you really do think you have everything correct you really only have Microsoft to turn to now. Sorry. Unless FSUIPC4 can actually run there's no code change in the world that will do anything.

And there has never been and still isn't one single other report anything like yours.

Regards

Pete