The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with Mytraffic 5.1a update

Dear,

A have the same problem with the user Don Van Wormer. After updated the communicator. Click to get actual patches, identifies that I have 5.1 installed and that it needs to get the 5.1a. Click the button to initiate the download and everything freezes up. But i check the the status in Windows Task Manager and it comes up as NOT RESPONDING. It does this every time. Any ideas or another way to obtain the patch would be warmly welcomed! Please, if necessary send for my maibox. I buy My Traffic 5.1 in Simmarket in 07/20/2007. I using the FSX and my operation system is Windows Vista.

Thank´s

Cristiano

Boa noite Christiano,

The download takes while and the Communicator usually only appears to hang.

It's > 200MB.

Did you copy the Communicator to the MyTraffic directory?

If you did and the download still doesn't finish after a while (you can maybe check whether your router is active?), please let us know.

Muito obrigado e salutações

Jaap

Thank´s for answer.... yes communicator here in MyTraffic directory, but after the confirm the communicator freeze and after 5 hours (in ADSL 2Gb conection), the freeze is continue and not receive the file...do you have idea to solution for problem?

Thank you very much.

Cristiano.

Boa noite Christiano,

The download takes while and the Communicator usually only appears to hang.

It's > 200MB.

Did you copy the Communicator to the MyTraffic directory?

If you did and the download still doesn't finish after a while (you can maybe check whether your router is active?), please let us know.

Muito obrigado e salutações

Jaap

• 2 months later...

I can't download the 5.1a update either. The communicator keeps freezing on me according to Windoes Task Manager. FYI I bought from Simmmarket, and installed Dosnet 3.0, and I am using Windows XP with SP2.

Can you send me a link that will work? Also, can you send a link to then update to 5.1.b?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi Jaap,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am running version MTXV51. The communicator says the newst version is MTXV51b. However the communication where is says "Intiate Load" Windows will close afterwards is greyed out.

To be honest, I am not that computer literate. However when I check, the task manager it says the communicator is not responding. I could dowload the new airport though. When I try to load the update, I get some kind of debugging program showing up. FYI: I am running FSX Deluxe, SP2, on a pentium, with Windows XP.

Issue 2

I know this is a strange question but matbe you can answer it for me. I could not get the windows toolbox to ever show up. I finally did a clean re-install of FSX and up to the point where I loaded SP2 and the final version of SDK, the toolbox was there. Then, after loading those two updates it disappeared. Any ideas as to why, or what to look for as the culpert?

Thank you so much!

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have a feeling we're facing a fundamental software prob. FWIW, my suspicion is some bits and bobs of the DotNet (DN) frameworks are missing. FYI-2, you'll need MS DotNet2 to make MyTrafficBoard display properly (in MTX v.5.1b).

Now, you mentioned you installed DN3, but did you install DN1 followed by DN2 beforehand? It's important to install the DN frameworks in their order. MyTraffic 'only' requires MS DN1 & DN2.

Kind regards

Jaap

Windows task manager cannot distinguish between a program that hangs and a prgram that is working. So when you use the Communicator from 5.1 or 5.1a, this just waits for the download to finish, and the task manager report non responding is completely OK - they are not supposed to respond but to work until the work is done.

Please update the communicator using the update in

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65518&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

this does almost the same, but doesn't wait and returns you a bit counter updating you that the bits are flowing. If this does not work, please show up again.

• 5 months later...

Hello Burkhard,

I just arrived back in country, which is why it has taken me so long to followup on this issue. I installed the updated communicator as you suggested. I can download aircraft files and airport files and the new sound file.

However, when I tried to update from MTXV51 to MTXV51b (per the communicator), the box that reads "Intiate Download Windows will close after" still remains grey out. I let the communicator run for 3 hours and still nothing.

Can you advise what my next step should be please?

Thanks

Jim

Burkhard,

I apologize, but I did not understand what you are telling me. Do you mean that there is a

special version of the Communicator called updater? I did install the recent veriosn of the Communicator. As I said, I can download everything but the upgrade. Is there a file I can download somewhere that will simply upgrade to 51b?

No. I already tried to explain you several times that if the Communicator from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65518&start=15 in the menu "downloads" "New versions" does not find and download an update, we do not know what you have installed and do not know what file you will need.

I can get a suspicion about it from the file manual\index_X.htm. if you can zip that file and attach to a PM that you send me maybe I can isolate one file that you need.