The simFlight Network Forums

hey,

im was on fsx at tncm watching klm come in when my flight simulator crashed! i tries reinstalling it but errors keep coming up, come to find out it was not any of the addons but i had a defective disk! i just dont know why it worked and then it didnt even though i had to reinstall it like 4 times in 5 months! so im getting a new fsx :D

my question is will that have any affect on the addon? and i only have 5 more attemps so if i run out how can i get more?

thank you

Hi, I recommend that whenever you make a download, you make a backup of it. It is valuable, and the costs to keep them on server and to provide a download are high compared to a raw CD or DVD.

Usage of computer is based on three important principles:

a) backup

b) backup and

c) backup

This said, we know you are a real costumor and if you need help you will get it.

hey,

i just got a new problem! i just finished installing my traffic x and every time i turned fsx a message comes up saying that there are multiple objects. they apply for the a300's a310's a318'S a319's and a320's. i tried to reinstall it (4 times) and it didnt work. how can i solve this problem!

thank you

I assume, no I'm sure, that you have a double entry of type

SimbjectPath.x=MyTraffic\aircraft

in the file

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

where x most likely is 6 once and 7 the second time. Remove this second line.

You see why I am against installers that write into config files - on the long term they make more problems to the user and the support than giving the responsibility to the user immediately - but with this philosophy I'm alone :cry:

i think i found the problem. there was 2 files for each aircraft i said. i checked in both of the files and they both had the same liveries. so i deleted a file for every plane i said called ex/ a300 mx

a300 mtx

thats exactly what it looked like and i deleted the mtx one.

now im going to see if that worked! cross your fingers!

ok i cured everything up until a333mx other than that everything is fixed. the message says that the following paints have multiple objects in it.

paints:1,2,4,5,6,9,11,14,15,16,18,19,20,21,22,23,25,26,27,

28,29,30,31,32,35, and last but not lease paint 37.

i checked those files and there are no multiple objects in it. all it says is the fallowing

a333-i.dds

a333-i_1.dds

a333-i_3.dds

a333-t.dds

a333-t_1dds

a333-t_3.dds

and should i install my traffic 5.1 now or wait untill there are no multiple objects? i already downloaded it and its waiting to be installed

thank you

Can it be that you have a problem with the A330-200, not the A330-300? The early versions of MTX5.0a had another FS9 built model of the A332, that got replaced later, so if you have a mix of 5.0a A330s and newer once this might appear.

So, you say that in the MyTraffic\aircraft folder, you had every folder double? No idea how that can be achieved. Nevertheless, in every version you have, so please verify yours isn't derailed too much, a folder MyTrafficAircraftinstallers that contains each of the aircraft folders as a self extracting archive.

So, when you have a problem with A33s as example, you can just delete all A33xxx folders, and than run A332MX.exe and A333MX.exe and get them back.

If you update is the one for 5€, than you always can rename the folder MyTraffic to MyTraffic50 and run the 5.1a installer, which creates a new MyTraffic structure, that should work properly...

ya it was definatly the a333's and it might sound not true but the folder really doubled because when i deleted one of it the message never came up for the aircraft. the problem is i cant do that with the a333's because everything looks to be in order but the message keeps coming up.

p.s. should i install my traffic 5.1 now or wait until we fix this problem. i got it all ready, i already downloaded it but i have to install it.

So, how can you have two folders with the same name?

The seconf question depends on what installation file you have, so if you tell me the name of it I can answer...

If it is something like MTXV51a.exe it is a full installer and just rename the existing MyTraffic folder to MyTraffic50 and make an install, with no further step.

If it is MTXV50to51a.exe, we do need a proper install install first.

Anyway, also the 50to51a update replaces all the A330s, so it cannot do any harm, if the problem persists please tell us what A33x folders you have under MyTraffic\aircraft.

ok good news and bad news. good: the installation was a total sucess. and bad: the message is still coming up. its ok because if it cant do any harm then i can work (fly) around it. i can still fly i just have to close those messages once every time i go on fsx. its not like it comes up every second

here are the file names inside a333:

a333-i.dds

a333-i_1.dds

a333-i_3.dds

a333-t.dds

a333-t_1dds

a333-t_3.dds

thats all thats in there! :D

thank you! :D :D :D :D

hey,

this might sound dumb but were is the file to put on c.d. and how do i get it there? do i copy and paste it or what? im using a program called record now! and it lets me brouse files and burns disc's etc. my first attempt i found a file saying MTX_V51a.myt but that was not it.

please write back!

thank you

Hi, just to clarify, what are the names of your A3x folders in MyTraffic\aircraft. With version 5.1a, these should be A332MX and A333MX only. If there is a A330MX or a A332-6thMX, please remove that.

and for baksteen33:

i know i got the right download to put on c.d. because when i tried the c.d. out (to see if it worked) it brought me right to the page were you install it! :D :D :D :D

just for old time sake the file i put on c.d. is called: MTXV51a_install

thank you

The dublicates come from the folder A330MX. MyTraffic until 5.0b did not distinguish between the A330-200 and the -300 for the RR and PW engine models, from 5.1 on it does. Therefore, just delete the folder A330MX which contains old models only.

A332MX contains all A330-200 models.

A333MX contains all A330-300 models.

Airbus never made any other version of the A330, so A330MX only contains dublicates of the two other folders, but in old technology.