The simFlight Network Forums

FSX will not shut down after install of FSUIPC4 + WideFS7

hello Pete,

Here is another problem.

After installing FSUIPC4 with WideFS7 my FSX will start and run fine, but as soon as I try to end the flight or shut the program down FSX freezes and I get a message that FSX has a fatal errror.

What can be the cause?

I only have FSX + SP1 and the Acceleration installed. Before installing FSUIPC and WideFS everything worked fine.

I am looking foreward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Madfred

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

After installing FSUIPC4 with WideFS7 my FSX will start and run fine, but as soon as I try to end the flight or shut the program down FSX freezes and I get a message that FSX has a fatal errror. What can be the cause?

It isn't FSUIPC or WideFS which can do that, but it can certainly be a program which is using one or the other. Try terminating the other program(s) first.

Please make sure you are using the latest versions as well. If you have any further questions please include the relevant log files.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.

I had to completely delete my FSX and will reinstall in the comming week as I build a new computer.

The mentioned problem occured after installing FSUIPC and Widefs.

If I run into the same problem again, I will post the logfiles.

Kind regards,

Madfred