The simFlight Network Forums
boing71234567

something weared and how do I become a painter ?

These paints are for the new models, so it is a bit more difficult.

Basically an aircraft contains of 4 important parts:

The aircraft.cfg file - this contains the properties, Names, and links to the other parts

The .air file defines how the aircraft behaves in the air

The model file that gives the shape and geometry

The texture that fits onto the model to display in the airline livery.

The major difference between the FS9 and FSX aircraft are the models - they are written in a completely different language. These new models have been mostly designed now independant of the existing texture basis, so need to be painted new from scratch. This will not apply to all new FSX models.

oh i see and to fix this problem you have to make all those files for one aircraft.

ill enjoy tncm with the aircraft i have or i can fly at night if i want to see american 757 and american eagle until we get this problem fixed

thank you

Thanks, Daniel.

So to close the discussion on TNCM, we are back at the start: Read the disclaimer they have and you will know that they know that there are problems, they have not released if for FSX, nor do they know how to repair this for FSX, and the additional problems with AccPack nobody knows how to handle currently.

You have the choice of either using stock airports or living with these problems currently - all airport designers are stuck at this moment - not that they haven't it done yet - nobody on Earth knows HOW to do it.

I'm a co-moderator on the DutchFS forum and yesterday a user asked about some black rectangles at TNCM:

http://www.dutchfs.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5806

So it seems, the problem is bigger than just invisble planes. The EH101 in the screenshot shows he's running FSX.A. And look at the gates... they are docked to ghostplanes as well.

Daniel

does he have fly tampa st maarten? the people there fix those rectangle problems all the time.

here is there website:http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=5b8a243d72044909c7abc37eb4c72407

No. But the complete grafics engine had to be rewritten, to make it parallel as all of us wanted, and in order to plug DX10 in, also that part that calls DX9. And a compatibility to code written for GS7=DX7 isn't specified for this rewrite.

Sometimes at night I dream in terms of code, and this night this code came over me.

Modern code can run parallel, the more complex part on two or 4 cores with 3 (Athlon ) or 4 ( Core2 ) execution units each, and the simpler one on the 24 to 96 shaders of the grafics card. Making shadows is such an operation that should be moved to the GPU instead of the CPU - and I also read that this has indeed been done.

But for a parallel CPU any program branch is a stop, and a GPU cannot make any branches, they are SIMD devices ( same instruction on multiple data ).

So any check of a condition interupts many processes, waits for it to be solved, and initiates them again - therefore it should be avoided.

Now having not only FSX materials and FS9=FS8 or FS7 materials to display, which is one check, but in the case of shadows also combinations of thes give many nested conditions - so nothing a branch predication could solve. Making code parallel requires breaking with bakward compatibility, or freezing the options. None of these is popular, and the FSX team tried to avoid both for FSX.0 and FSX.1 - with the logical consequence of sub optimal performance. With FSX.2, those of us who run pure FSX code see omprovement of performance, and those who have mixed code have problems in the combinations - sounds logical to me, and unavoidable. I only can express my hope that FS5-FS9 code will not be displayed and crash FSXI completely, while FSXI uses the new code formats of FSX only and adds a few features.

And I thought the 5 legged Alligator I dreamed about was bizar...

But actually, that's seems like a plausible observation from you. Hmm, I just got an idea. Let's see where in the queue I can put this one :)

Edit:

Hmm, quick test: I have found 15274 MDL's in FSX.A. 15272 of those are MDLX's and 2, including the FuelTruck are MDL8's :)

Daniel

Now its getting hot ;-)

On my system I have the alert for missing textures switched on, and indeed this airport has several missing textures, not only the one cited here. It may be that FSX.Acc is much more sensitive to missing textures?

im getting just about to my last straw with this fsx acceleraiton. its giving me erriors on multiplayer also and most of the time i cant even logg in. do you think my fsx acceleration is defective? i know its not fly tampa st maarten nor your addon. want me to delete it and see if i can se the ai traffic at tncm and if i do then we know the problem if it is still invisable then its something else?

post-25921-128689579212_thumb.jpg

post-25921-12868957923_thumb.jpg

While I have absolutely no idea about multiplayer, I know that AccPack cannot share a multiplayer session with SP1 - it will be able to share one with SP2 or AccPack .

i have sp1 installed for fsx but for the whole computer i have sp2. do you want me to delete fsx acceleration and see if the ai traffic re appear? if they do then fsx acceleration is the problem if it doesnt then its something else.

i have sp1 installed for fsx but for the whole computer i have sp2. do you want me to delete fsx acceleration and see if the ai traffic re appear? if they do then fsx acceleration is the problem if it doesnt then its something else.

To avoid confusion the SP2 that Burkhard refers to is the same SP2 that is included in the AccPack and is presently scheduled for release later this month (Dec) as a free upgrade/patch.

If you have installed the AccPack as you say, then it automatically installed the FSX SP2, you don't get a choice.

I believe the SP2 you refer to is the one for the XP operating system (whole system). If true then you have XP with SP2 and FSX with its own SP2.

If you do decide to remove the AccPack, uninstall it, don't delete it. Deleting software leaves too much stuff behind that will cause headaches.

i ment uninstall it. and i probably have to cause i just re-installed sp1 and it probably overwrited sp2 from fsx acceleration and thats why multiplayer isnt working.

burkhard: should i re-install it?

oh and for mbgmike i live in CT also.

Ups - if you installed FSX SP1 over an existing AccPack distribution, I expect the install to be completely a mess -so whatever it does do not wonder. Never install an elder file over a newer one, that cannot work but by miracle.

So, under the assumption you have all files at hand, if this is true, my recommendation would be the following:

Make up your choice. You can either have Multiplayer with anybody now ( which may be important ) and shadows below the 757 and ATR at Fly Tampa TNCM , and not any of the options and features of AccPack. In this case, complete uninstall AccPack, and than FSX, and make a complete fresh install of in this order.

1. FSX.

2. Service Pack 1

3. MyTraffic

4. FlyTampa TNCM

Or you can have the options and features of AccPack, but no Multiplayer if I understand correctly for the next weeks, and no shadows below the 757 and ATR at Fly Tampa TNCM.

In this case, complete uninstall AccPack, and than FSX, and make a complete fresh install of in this order.

1. FSX.

2. AccPack

3. MyTraffic

4. FlyTampa TNCM

last time i re-installed fsx it crashed on me and i had to get a new one. usually i get a lot of errior messages and it takes me accouple days to fix it with the help of fsx support (over the phone) im not saying i will not uninstall it then re-install it but i usually get errior nessages. the only one i can fix is errior 1722. but i mean if it crashes i have to go and get a new one. do you think i shoulf risk it or play it safe and just re-install fsx acceleration.dont feel presure because even if i re-install the whole fsx i have very good support from you and microsoft and martin from fly tampa

There is absolutely no need to buy FSX again - you have it on DVD and you can install it on the same computer again, activation should work in this case.

But - if you get errors already at install you cannot expect everything to work - at least the install should go completely smooth. If it doesn't, that means after you uninstall SP1 , FSX, and empty the FSX folder completely, and maybe make the 1722 fix, if than still there is any problem, your operating system is not in order. I personally would do the following (have doen so several times with FS9) :

Get a second disk, current prices should be 50$ for 150GB approx.

Make a second install of the operating system on it, so that your system is dual boot into the two OSes. If I remember well both should be XP SP2 - your hardware is not really Vista capable.

To this second disk, install FSX as only application, than XP1 or AccPack depending on your choice, than MyTraffic. Than more addons. NEVER uninstall anything - and this should give you a perfect stable plattform. Use the old OS for all the other applications you have.

If there is a problem with activation, just phone them on the given number and tell them "It is the same computer with a new disk" and they will enable activation.

That depends. What I do, I have a special folder "installs", where I pack everything ever used on the computer. I installed nothing that I neither have a CD/DVD nor a file there. In addition I write a protocol of what I installed, so getting back to a certain point is easy.

Now you still have an internet connection, maybe tomorrow it is broken and we miss your daily posts :lol: