The simFlight Network Forums

Radio command buttons

Guest eubanks

Guest eubanks

I want to activate/deactive the buttons on the Radio Stack, and have been trying to do so using offsets 0374 and 0378. Question #1 is: Am I using the correct offset(s)? I suspect that these offsets might not be functioning completly as there are question marks in the FS2002 column (Which is the version of flightsim I am connected to BTW)

Is there an alternate way to get the RadioStack buttons to toggle? IOW, is it possible to use FSUIPC to send keystroke commands to FS? If so, it seems that I could sent Ctrl-1... Ctrl-5 emulations to get the effect that I want.

I want to activate/deactive the buttons on the Radio Stack, and have been trying to do so using offsets 0374 and 0378.

I don't think these have been implemented in FS2002. What would you expect them to do? If there's a sensible use for them I could probably map them for you -- but it might have to wait till I've finished preparing the initial FS2004-compatible version. No one has asked about them in the whole life of FS2002 so I assume they are not of popular use.

There are a set of radio switches for the audio aspects -- see offset 3122.

Is there an alternate way to get the RadioStack buttons to toggle?

Can you clarify which buttons these are, on which stack please?

is it possible to use FSUIPC to send keystroke commands to FS? If so, it seems that I could sent Ctrl-1... Ctrl-5 emulations to get the effect that I want.

Ctrl-1 to 5? What FS controls are these assigned to?

You can send keystrokes to FS via FSUIPC -- see offset 3200. However, since FS keystrokes are subject to assignments to FS controls it would probably be better to send the controls directly instead (see offset 3110). Then you don't have the hassle of KEYDOWN and KEYUP to worry about, nor problems if the user re-assigns the keys.

Best to search the Programmers Guide document for stuff like this, you might be surprised at what you find sometimes!

If you think there's a need for additional mapping for whatever these controls are, please let me know, but I'd rather not receive such a request till, say, the end of August now. Else it will get lost in all this turmoil I'm in for FS2004!

Regards,

Pete