The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

The official paint school for everybody!

@burkhard

thank you burkhard! you taught me well! il will take this sun express file (with the landing gear and stuff) and put it on the 757 paint thread as a zipped png. i just want you to conferm that i can do this.

thank you for all of your help and i think i can give you a break now since i know that i can do it now!

post-25921-128689591312_thumb.jpg

Fine, you are almost through now.

A little last advice: Please lower the titles by three or four üixels, just move them down you see they are slightly too high and almost go until top. Than you may add this one...

thank you for all of your help. two last questions.

1. if im making a 757 and i have to put it in fsx, how will i know what texture to replace it with?

2. if im making another plane. (like an a380 or boeing 787) were do i get the blank texture?

thank you for helping me these last two months,

boing71234567

If you read the aircraft.cfg, you can see which aircraft uses which texture. On the 757s now, just do it like all the other painters do, and use the same on ( COA as example ) for all the paints to look at it and test it.

Creation of the night lights, build up aircraft containers, addition to the data base and scheduling each are other jobs that take some time and better are done once for all the paints once a model is completed, than for every paint again and again.

On the blank textures:

You find blank textures for many more FSX aircraft under http://www.fsrail.com/paint_kits.zip . There are mostly painted already, but some new airlines come up every day.

On the A380, there is no need currently, since we still have some time until Emirates delivery. B 787, I didn't make a model yet and it has vanished from the priority list as delivery still this year gets rather unlikely.

She looks lovely and so does the aircraft :lol:

However even if the choice is free to paint I still suggest a priority on the aircraf currently on the Official Paint threads.. But as I said, the choice is free. I know some Swedish airlines that could use a face lift but in due time it will be done, sooner or later.

In order to create the final models, I do need the full bitmap or png files. The compressed files are of no use for me.

Reason: I will run the files through a special process that creates the night illumination. If I decompress a DXT file, no matter what version, than the night illumination gets artefact, like red light points at the borders of windows.

So, for the distribution, please post the file in full png or bmp format, zipped here. File size before compression is 3 MB than. It would be a bigger help if you give them a unique name: B752_t_SunExpress.bmp would make life easiest for me.

On Air Niugini, there is still more to do.

I see there are not many photographs of this, only 2, so to get better material it might be reasonable to look for other series of the same airline.

The logo on the left side is more or less OK.

On the right side it is flipped.

The side titles will be better if you take them from the 767

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0812123&size=L, and please place them a tick lower.

The boeing type - please compare yourself with the photos where it is located, and how it looks, and if the letters are capital or small, and italic or not...

ok. for now on i will give the airlines i post the correct name. and in the files ill put the png aircraft in a compressed version. and on the air niugini all i have to really do is dd the green on the tail. ill get to that. oh and when i give the airplanes to you they are going to be DXT1.

thank you

wait. i just tried to fix sun express when i ran into this problem. how do i make it a DXT1 PNG image? i can make it a png image but i cant turn it into DXT1 then. and i dont know how to make it bmp. i mean i do but i dont know how to make it so that when you download it you can see the picture. oh and please delete all the paints i did. if you can, i want to start fresh.

please help.

thank you,

boing71234567

dont put a DXT1 here, we need 24 or 32 bit bitmap.

The DXT1 format is only for your local texture.My04 folder to view it in FSX, for everything here stick to the full png or bmp format - the conversion over to other formats is something I do 100 times per day.

Burkhard will build it into DXT1 when your paint is distributed as part of the MyTraffic product. The only time you need to worry about DXT1 is when you want to view your paint in FSX. Always upload it to here as an uncompressed bitmap. That means we can look at it, and we know how to convert it if we want to look at it in FSX.

Make slow and do not turn the neck, would be a pity if it gets broken.

Even if a 757 just is landing behind you :lol:

ok everything is fixed. i even named it right for you and kept the trike out in the pictures. and my neck is feeling a little better, but i still cant move it. one question. were is air astana?

thank you,

boing71234567

ok everything is fixed. i even named it right for you and kept the trike out in the pictures. and my neck is feeling a little better, but i still cant move it. one question. were is air astana?

thank you,

boing71234567

Air Astana is already made and is in the 757 paint thread.