The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

The official paint school for everybody!

@boing, yes, that is the LTU I refer to.

I think

LTU

Condor (old)

Air Holland

Transavia

Air Transat

LTE

Dutchbird

Trans-Meridian

are reserved for you, but don't hurry... LTE and LTU are enough for a weekend and a weeks start.

thank you. its all done and everything is cleaned up. (even the pixels)

thank you,

boing71234567

p.s. i think you will like the picture. read the writing on the post i did!

On LTE: on all pictures I checked it has a Spanish flag, not a German one.

Also, the upper and lower red stripe are misplaced.. The upper one goes down to the upper end of the emergency exit, and the lower one goes through the lower part of the doors.

( Or do you have a different original than the one I refer to?)

Also, on your paint why don't you make the red stripe in the rear symmetrical, they are somehow both tilted, but to different directions.

when i made it yes it looked tilted but when i put it on fsx it was perfect. i got the german flag off of google, then shrunk it on ms paint, copied it, then pasted it to the airplane so the fuzz was bot there.

Fine with the way you did the German Flag, and you can use it for LTU, but LTE on all pictures I have seen carries a Spanish Flag, or do you have a picture of LTE with German flag?

LTE is Spanish Company, operating from Palma and Teneriffe/Gran Canaria mostly.

When I have such questions, and do not have the literature at hand, I ask wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/

enter LTE in the little search filed, and often get a good answer back. This is another part of the fun to be a painter, you learn about the beauty of this world.

ok its all done.the new flag is on and the file is on this fourm. but i keps the picture because all i changed was the flag and in that picture you cant really see the flag. so it is ok. but the new file is in there. you can even download it to make sure.

thank you,

boing71234567

Hello Boing,

Thanks for the latest LTE. May I make a few more suggestions?

Screenshot001: You have quite a few dirty pixels around the grey borders of the aircraft shape (e.g. dark orange). here you see some on the tail, there's quite a few more on the fuselage. You'll get the best result if you clean those up too.

Screenshot002: The top and bottom bars of "E" are no longer the same height. It's only a pixel different you may say, but it sticks out to me since it changes the geometry of the letter.

Screenshot008: The grey lines representing the aircraft doors have been overwritten with orange. Please return them to their original colour.

Screenshot009: The red bars at the top and bottom of the Spanish flag should be equal in size. Be careful when shrinking objects that the proportions remain the same, otherwise you may need to edit them afterwards.

And one last request. The orange curves on the fuselage. Can you make these straight lines? They look like straight lines to me in the photos, and I've never yet had to draw a curve on a texture to achieve a straight line in FSX. It's hard to get the aircraft absoultely side on in FSX, so you are always going to see a little bit of projection that may have "corrected" the curves.

Great work, keep going!

Simon

post-22939-128689594721_thumb.jpg

post-22939-128689594731_thumb.jpg

post-22939-128689594735_thumb.jpg

post-22939-128689594739_thumb.jpg

I believe you are posting the paints right, thanks for that and being willing to revisit your paints. Your work is getting better and better!

Regards

Simon

and now LTU is pixel free.

once you download it and you click on the compressed folder, once you get the paint picture it will say LTE. that is normal!!!! if you click the paint iconn it will show LTU all perfect.

thank you,

boing71234567

ok. i know you said to do the condor old and i will do it next.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1613&size=L

but do you can i try to do this condor also?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1390&size=L

it shouldnt be that hard and i think i can do it! :D it's almost like making the star alliance.

what do you say? can i? if i cant ill ask simon or mikael if they can do it

thank you,

boing71234567

Once LTU and LTE have our OK, you can start the yellow one. But take a different picture, there are hundreds and that one isn't good. The other one is a 757-300, so not the current job.

But, you could give http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0786840&size=L a try than, you will need many pictures to get the best of every part.

But a perfect LTE and LTU first. Most of the LTU show another paint scheme by the way, something again easier than Rizzi Bizzi.

ok all fixed. ill let you check the LTU tonight and ill be on tomorrow morning to check if it is a ok or a no k.i even changed the paint so it doesnt say LTE anymore. it says LTU.

thank you,

boing71234567

I propose we make all discussion about the LTU paints here and not split to the 757 forum, so also add the next versions here, too much information seems to get lost between the threads, I will clean up the other thread tomorrow.

So let me repeat my list form that other forum and discuss it here:

I refer with LTU you refer to the paint scheme that is in

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0460175&size=L

as example and that is OK. Let me discuss the LTU paint only, which is still far away from the original. Most applies to LTE the same way.

The large LTU letters on the tail are really fine now.

Still is valid.

The German flag itself is fine too, the black shouldn't be thicker as red and gold. On the LTU, it is surrounded by a white box. Also move it four pixels further down, on the screen shot we see it to be really at the edge, a pixel is 5 cm approximately.

You didn't correct yet.

The upper red part goes further down on the original, down to approximately the level of the small windows in the doors, so at least 5 pixels.

You decided to go further down, below the small windows in the door, so now it is three pixel too much down and looks narrow to the windows,

The red lower stripe sould be really flat, not curved. The width is OK, but it should move up by far, the correct location is in the lower parts of the doors.

You didn't correct yet, that also is Mikaels comment.

The gray below this stripe isn't as dark as you show it, but maybe you have another picture. Same applies to the engines.

You didn't correct yet.

Next you should improve the small LTU titles behind the cockpit, here just tying them in ARIAL BLACK or ARIAL FAT of the correct size ( 9 or 10? ) would do the job.

Yes that is OK now. This tile uses the same red color as the large red areas, the colors you have chosen are biting each others.

The red color itself, you gave it a nice orange touch( 255,65,24) . From what I remember, this was the redest red I ever saw, I would use 255,0,0 - but that is a choice of the painter that I will accept, because our eyes and brains do react differently on colors.

I let this to you.

What is worse, the bitmap you have uploaded must have been compressed to DXT and uncompressed at least once, it contains many artefacts that make it unusable as source. Correcting this is a terrific job, so if you do not have a clean version that never was crippled you better start a new one from scratch, you can transfer the large LTU titles from the one you have, the german flag too ( add a white one pixel border, place it lower ).

If you do so, take the blank texture that is labelled 754-t.bmp, not the 752-t.bmp, since the model that you are painting has this other order of the emergency doors. If you do not have that blank template, I look where I have it at hand and attach.

If you do so, take the blank texture that is labelled 754-t.bmp, not the 752-t.bmp, since the model that you are painting has this other order of the emergency doors. If you do not have that blank template, I look where I have it at hand and attach.

I think I may have missed that detail too. Let me go back and check my recent paints, I think they do have the wrong emergency exit layout. I'll modify and upload them again. Here's where layers really help me. Since all artwork etc is in a layer above the template, I just swap in the new template and maybe shift the layer if there is a line up problem. About 5 minutes work each if I am lucky!

Simon