The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

The official paint school for everybody!

hey,

i decided ill work on some planes on this computer in nyc. i got the blank texture from the old sun express and i just gutted it (except for the important stuff) ill work on dutch bird right now. oh and my computer down here isnt so hot (microsoft me, hp pavilon) im about to get sick from looking at this old computer. even though its still running. anyway i have to use microsoft paint. so ill make the airplane and then attach it to my e-mail and download it at my computer in my house and use paint.net to check it.

thank you,

boing71234567

p.s. my house here is under the approach into klga. so i can try to take some pictures of 757's and upload them here. and some other cool planes. i also live 5 stories up so i can get really good shots!

post-25921-128689597922_thumb.jpg

keep in minf you need the 754_t and not this 752_t for the Air Holland.

An whatever that notebook is, paint and directory work will be much faster under ME than we will ever have it under Vista, were deleting a singe file on a dual core 3 GHz with 1 GB Ram amd a fast SATA disk takes about one minute with UAC enabled.

No, better put them to airliners.net or another place and just give us a link here. Let us stay on topic, and this topic is how it looks in FSX, remember we have to pay real cash for every byte that gets downloaded from here, and I prefer to save the littel money we have for updates instead of pictures.

ok. thanks for the quick response. im going to auctually download it ni my laptop down here. that way i can work on it even on the way home. and it had windows xp and not me :lol:

thank you

Hi

Hopes it's okay and correct to use this old thread.

I would like to try and do some aircraft painting myself.

I have used a template (B763_t.pdn) and made my paint and have two questions.

1. If the engines are a solid colour do you paint one by hand in Paint.net and then make a copy and flip horizontal for the other engines?

2. What are the next steps I need to do so that I can preview my work in FSX on the AI Model?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris

Hi, first question; yes, in most cases as kong as there is no Wording or Number on the engine.

Second question: Easiest way is to select another 767-300 that is frequent, Delta or American or BA come into mind, and replace the textures of that folder by your work, after you converted to DXT1 format.

Can I confirm the steps I'm doing?

1. I'm converting the bmp to a DDS DXT1 file (Martin Wright's DXTBMP Utility)

2. I'm using one of the BHP B763 texture folders which I backed up

3. I replaced the existing B763-t.dds file with my B763-t.dds file and kept all the other *.dds files which were there

I must be missing a very important step somewhere because I end up with this:

SNAG-0001_zps3633055a.jpg

What am I doing wrong? :oops:

Thanks for your patience and help.

If you are using DXTBMP then you will need to flip the texture vertically to make it work (DDS files are read upside down... don't ask!) - if you use Imagetool, or the nVidia plugin for Photoshop, this step is not necessary.

Cheers,

Ian P.