The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ilari

Heathrow problems

Hi,

MyTraffic's not showing any traffic at my EGLL. I'm using the Aerosoft scenery. The problem appears specific to Heathrow -- the other London airports are fine. I've tried checking for conflicting facility and traffic files, and found none. It doesn't work even with default scenery! Any hints?

Ilari

Hi Ilari, could you please make a screenshot? This is Heathrow only but not Luton for example, right?

And a wild guess, have you tried toggling the aircraft shadows?

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Sure that's Heathrow? Looks more like Gatwick to me ;-)

I'm not sure Aerosoft sell Gatwick, but UK2000 does. I installed the demo for that and MyTraffic certainly shows up there.

Is Gatwick, EGKK. So we have to find out which one first.

Since you have Aerosoft Heathrow EGLL installed, can you update us if MyTraffic shows up at EGLL ?

So your girlfriend is waiting for you at Heathrow and you are in Gatwick, that is how the story began... :cry:

Lean from this: Do not trust into computers. They never tell the truth, unless you manipulated the data yourself.

So maybe you remove the Gatwick addon that you have... I have seen pictures of Aerosoft EGLL and it really looks like EGLL.

Yeah the pic was wrong sorry bout that. I've done some research. The problem occurs at Heathrow and gatwick, so seems like a legacy bgl prob. Problem is, how the hell do I isolate the file at fault?

Please, browse to the folder

scenery\word\scenery

and than rename trafficAircraft.bgl.passive back to trafficAircraft.bgl

This should bring Landmark and Co back.

Check if these show up at heathrow and Gatwick. If there arent about 20 default airliners now, we have the positive proof of a FS8 schedule to exist.

If theses show up, but no MyTraffic aircraft, we know we have to search for another problem.

What we do next depends on this little test.

They show up, and the MyTraffic ones don't? Than please select ETAR as airport. Can you select many military parking positions? Do you see several Hercules around you?

Wish I could log into your computer, so we have to isolate.

You have the traffic toolbox running?

When you are at EGLL as example, what describes the situation best:

a) I see only default AI planes, and no MyTraffic, and traffic explorer does not show the aircraft.

or

b) I see only default AI planes, and no MyTraffic, but strange enough traffic explorer shows British Airways to be at EGLL?

In addition:

c) Is EGSS full of Ryanair and Easyjet, or also empty?

d) If it is full, what happens if you disable the addon airports?

Only in case of a) and B,c empty we are positive about an FS8 schedule to be the problem. In other case we have to start the matrix of OS version, FSX version, GPU, driver version, DX9 vs DX10...

Luton, and any other place south of London ( Bornmouth, or what is there near to London? ) Farnborough?

If these show traffic, than it is no FS8 schedule. We than might want to check for airport layouts that are incompatible with AI traffic. If we are lucky than it is enough to put MyTraffic temporarily to the highest location in scenery library, and traffic is back at EGLL, but fitting to the stock parkings, so maybe some aircraft in building.

Southhampton?

Farnborough?

Bournemoth?

Bristol?

Attention, in Luto most aircraft are hidden behind buildings, not visibble from runway.

What does traffic explorer say? Does it see the aircraft, so they are just cristal clear unvisible, or doesn't it list anything?

All empty except for Bristol..I'll install the explorer tomorrow to check, but from my years of fs experience I'd say the aircraft simply don't exist in the FS world eg not just "invisible".