The simFlight Network Forums

Help with FSUIPC4 code signature problem

Pete Dowson

I have received same error with 3.82 on FS2004, what should I do ? Can you help me please,

Can you be a little more informative at all, please?

What "same error"? What operating system? Have you tried version 3.85 just released? Did you read any of the FSUIPC User Guide at all, particularly the Installation section? If so, did you miss the boxed part headed "IMPORTANT: FSUIPC is now “code signed”. Please check!". And if you did read that, have you tried running the Globalsign root fix as provided with FSUIPC3?

There are no other answers except possibly the Registry patch mentioned earlier in this thread.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your answer, but I did all of that. However "Globalsign root fix " doesn't work. I think the problem is in my computer :(

Windows Xp

MSFS 9.1

.NET Framework 1.0

.NET Framework 1.1

.NET Framework 1.1 (hotfix)

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 3.0

.NET Framework 3.5

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Fsuipc 3.85

Regards

Anil

Thank you for your answer, but I did all of that. However "Globalsign root fix " doesn't work. I think the problem is in my computer :(

Ouch.

The only things i know which can cause a signature problem are:

1. Missing GlobalSign root. Usually happens on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP before SP2, and some non-English installations of Windows XP or Vista later than those.

2. Corrupted registry in the areas discussed earlier. Not sure what causes that -- and there may well be other types of corruption too.

3. Cryptographic services not running or faulty, somehow. A lot of folks stop some services running to try to eek out better FS performance.

4. FS itself installed in a folder which has non-ASCII characters (eg accented or other non-Latin alphabet characters) in its path somewhere. There appears to be an error in the Cryptographic code in Windows which makes it fail to convert these correctly between wide character ans Unicode format. i suspect it is all rerlated to code pages.

If you've tried 3.85 now with no success i doubt that it can be #4 as i changed the code to try to deal with that. However, it might be something to look at.

I really don't know any other way to help.

BTW when you check the FSUIPC.DLL manually (right-click on it, select Properties - Signature, then select the signature and details) does it say it is okay? If so it cannot be #1 above, nor probably #3 either.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

BTW when you check the FSUIPC.DLL manually (right-click on it, select Properties - Signature, then select the signature and details) does it say it is okay? If so it cannot be #1 above, nor probably #3 either.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

same problem here. Running german XP OS SP 3 and having problems with signatures.

"right-click on it, select Properties - Signature, then select the signature and details) does it say it is okay?" No unfortunately not. Maybe you can help me.

regards,

Rainer

Edit: Problem solved!

"right-click on it, select Properties - Signature, then select the signature and details) does it say it is okay?" No unfortunately not. Maybe you can help me.

Since the signature does not check in Windows it it most likely #1 in the list I gave in the preceding message. Did you read the Installation instructions and try installing the GlobalSign root as suggested there?

I repeat the list from the earlier message here, as you seem to have missed it?

1. Missing GlobalSign root. Usually happens on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP before SP2, and some non-English installations of Windows XP or Vista later than those.

2. Corrupted registry in the areas discussed earlier. Not sure what causes that -- and there may well be other types of corruption too.

3. Cryptographic services not running or faulty, somehow. A lot of folks stop some services running to try to eek out better FS performance.

4. FS itself installed in a folder which has non-ASCII characters (eg accented or other non-Latin alphabet characters) in its path somewhere. There appears to be an error in the Cryptographic code in Windows which makes it fail to convert these correctly between wide character ans Unicode format. i suspect it is all related to code pages.

Note that with the latest versions of FSUIPC I have taken steps to avoid #4, so that shouldn't be the reason. However, it has not been tested as I have no access to non-English versions of Windows.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

On re-installation in a new (Vista 32) PC, I also had a problem with version 4.4 rejecting my previously valid registration details (several attempts, using cut-and-paste each time). On checking the registry entry mentioned earlier in this thread, I found it had the correct value as indicated in that post.

I was able to solve the problem by installing version 4.3, which accepted my registration details without any trouble. I then installed version 4.4 over v4.3, and the module now accepts that it is properly registered.

I hope this will help someone else to get around the registration problem.

Dugald

On re-installation in a new (Vista 32) PC, I also had a problem with version 4.4 rejecting my previously valid registration details (several attempts, using cut-and-paste each time). On checking the registry entry mentioned earlier in this thread, I found it had the correct value as indicated in that post.

I was able to solve the problem by installing version 4.3, which accepted my registration details without any trouble. I then installed version 4.4 over v4.3, and the module now accepts that it is properly registered.

Of course this message is in the wrong place, as it is entirely unrelated to code-signatures. I only found it by accident!

I don't understand how going back and forth between 4.3 and 4.4 can change anything, as there is no difference is any part of the Installer (which is responsible for the registration). Having fixed things by your own experimentation I suspect it is now too late to get any information about what happened. I would have liked to see the Install log for all three installs, but I suppose you only now have the last one, and also the systems date set at the time you tried each one - the date has more relevance that whether it was 4.3 or 4.4 being installed.

The most frequent reason for registration problems being reported by folks with new PCs, or ones which have been totally updated/re-formatted, is that the PCs system date has not been corrected and the registration purchase date is LATER than "today", which renders it invalid. In fact there are very few other reasons for a failing registration other than forgery.

If you are absolutely sure that the date was okay, please at least ZIP up your FSUIPC4.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, so I can investigate it here.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

Dear, Pete.

The problem with FSUIPC 4,5. I bought FSX standard. Installed FSUIPC, go in MFS, run FSUIPC window appears

001.jpg

002.jpg

click Ok the program does not run.

Install Log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.50

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61357.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.500 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrey\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrey\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrey\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration check for FSUIPC4 was cancelled or failed! (result code 10)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Help please.

Sincerely yours, Andrey Kuznetsov

Dear, Pete.

The problem with FSUIPC 4,5. I bought FSX standard. Installed FSUIPC, go in MFS, run FSUIPC window appears

No, that can only appear if you go to the Add-Ons menu and select FSUIPC.

click Ok the program does not run.

It IS running! Else you'd not be able to get the Menu!!!!

you are posting in an Announcement. Please, if you have any more questions, post in the main forum. I'm locking this one now. I obviously forgot to do it before.

Pete