The simFlight Network Forums
bankheadd

CAN'T GET AI TRAFFIC AT 9 DRAGONS KAI TAK????

Has anyone installed the new scenery KAI TAK by 9Dragons. A wonderful scenery I may add. Anyway after I installed the scenery and I suppose to use TTOOLS to get the traffic to show up and rename the traffic.bgl file. Well, what I did was renamed all 7 of MYTRAFFIC, traffic files, added the extension "VHHX" e.i MytrafficcargoVHHX.BGL. I made a new folder and called it 9dargons and added the 7 traffic files to it.

When I go to run TTOOLS it doesn't do anything? I go the "file tab" select "USER DEFIND TRAFFIC"and navigate to the the new folder, select it, and nothing happens. I'm confussed about what's the problem, is it the TTOOLS program or I didn't properly rename the traffic file or files? :(

Not clear what you speak aboout? Ttools is a guess of a compiler for flight plans for FS2002, obsoleted by the FS2002 SDK, and never was used by MyTraffic therefore.

So first question, what version of FS do you refer to? If this is FS2004 of FSX, the method to do is the same:

Use the traffic toolbox to dump the airport list as described in the MyTraffic editor manuel, import this list to the MyTraffic editor, verify the contents you imported makes sense, and the capacity is approximately what you want to have as flights per day, and run a new "Create schedules, files and traffic" to create schedules for the world of airports you have installed.

I'm sorry, I'm using FS9 w/MYTRAFFIC2006v4.1. What I'm trying to do is to be able to get some AI traffic at KAI TAK by 9DRAGONS. I'm following their instructions to enable AI traffic at KAI TAK which calls out to use TTOOLS. I've downloaded the latiest version 2.21. But I can't get the program to decompile the traffic files. Not sure if it's me or TTOOLS. Anyway these instructions you have sent where is the traffic toolbox located? I'm really unfamiliar with this product accept for the installing part. In my start menu a have MY TRAFFIC X, that opens to three more menus MY TRAFFIC COMMUNICATOR, MY TRAFFIC EDITOR, MY TRAFFIC OPS MANUAL. Are you referring to MY TRAFFIC EDITOR?

A start menu entry MyTraffic X is for - just guess :lol: - MyTraffic for FSX which is very different to FS9. So, the first question is if you have MyTraffic 2006 Version 4.1 installed for FS9? If you have, than your FS9 should show the tools menu containing the traffic toolbox. You find MyTraffic editor for FS9 under \MyTraffic\MyTraffic.exe , while the MyTraffic X editor is under |FSX>\MyTrafficMyTrafficX.exe .

I never understood the decompiling/compiling philosophy behind ttools, when the sources for the compilation are clearly visible and easy to be modified.

Yes I know, I own both FS9 & FSX. I had FS9 installed first with mytraffic and then added MYTRAFFIC for FSX and it changed my icon in the start menu to FSX. Now that you mentioned it, MY TRAFFIC COMMUNICATOR, MY TRAFFIC EDITOR, MY TRAFFIC OPS MANUAL that is under the MYTRAFFIC X menu are for the FSX only? I really never paid any attention because my MYTRAFFIC for FS9 is working with no issues. So know that I don't have a menu for MYTRAFFIC2006 for FS9, how do I add one?

FS9 and FSx are very different in every aspect, like Mars and Jupiter. So addon software also has to be very different.

For FS9 many things are much either to find, so it is enough that you just browse to the \MyTraffic folder and start the programs from there with a double click.

Okay in MyTraffic editor manuel step 19-20 talks about MyAircraft.dat & export aircraft, But when I start fs9 click the tools menu select dump airport list it opens up the trafficdatabasebuilder. I navigate to my fs9 folder to MYTRAFFIC folder but I don't have either of the files it mentions in the manual "airports.txt & airportslog.txt. What I'm I missing here?

You are supposed to create these file now, so just browse to the folder and add airports.txt to the string. Same for log, but we do not use this file, so it is not important to have excactly the correct name.

Okay, now I'm confussed? In my orginal post I'm trying to get AI traffic at VHHX and that is still the case. Can you tell me step by step how to accomplish this? When U say creat this file, do U mean manually create the airports.txt & airportslog and place them in the MYTRAFFIC folder. I've done that and navigated to them from the tool menu but nothing happening it just goes to the folders.

Okay, does fs9 suppose to get a black screen when U click on the dump airport key?

Also, I'm still confussed about how the dump airport works, I've added the two files " airports.txt & airportslog ". I made folders and placed them in the MYTRAFFIC folder? Is this right?

Now that I have the folders in MYTRAFFIC and navigate to them what is suppose to happen next?

Traffic toolbox, like any other module to FS9 ( and also FS8 or FSX ) creates a new window. It can do so only in windowed mode, so go from "Full screen" to "windowed mode". When you see the screen than and compare to the shot in the manual I'm sure you will know what to do. But we do not need any folders, just create the files by filling out the two lines as in the manual, and delete any subfolder to MyTraffic that you created for this.

Okay I just ran the dump airport in the trafficdatabase and I got an"FILE OPEN ERROR" This is what I typed in to the two lines: AIRPORT LIST FILE, F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic\airports.txt

LOG FILE, F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic\airportslog.txt?

To add traffic in FS9 do this with UT...

If so, this can be done much easier through the Ulimate Traffic interface. Simply go to Utilities > Airports. Search for "HKG". Then change the assignment from VHHH to VHHX, click on Save. Then recompile your traffic and you're done. If you want to change it back, do the exact same thing as before but change it from VHHX to VHHH.

This will rerout all traffic from new airport back to KaiTac.... Its real easy to do.......

post-16317-128689598277_thumb.jpg

MyTraffic uses the way defined by Microsoft in 2003 with FS9 release, this is the first time I remember there is a problem.

So you have installed your operating system to disk F:, and FS9 is installed to

"F:\program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

? This is unusual, but you know better, I cannot look into your computer. So where is FS9 folder on your system?

This isn't the problem, but the solution:

If FS9 is installed to F:\game\FS9 as example, the correct string will be F:\game\FS9\MyTraffic\airports.txt and F:\game\FS9\MyTraffic\airportslog.txt , you the usual path to where it is.

This is the path to fs9 on my machine: F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic\airports.txt

LOG FILE, F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic\airportslog.txt? I used the correct path but like I mentioned earlier I'll get the error.

So, the folder

F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic

exists a witten here? An easy way to check is that from the start menu run select "Run..." and paste the string in there. If there is a typo it will tell you so...

You once said that you have created a folder called airports.txt - did you delete that folder again, it could caase a problem to have a folder of the same name you want to create a file.

If this turns out too complicated, if you have a folder F:/temp as example you can also create the file airports.txt and the log there and copy it to the \MyTraffic folder by hand...

You don't have VISTA as OS, that would add an ew dimension to the game :lol:

Alright new update. I've verified the path to FS9 in the run menu. It didn't locate the path with the airports.txt in the string, so I deleted the airports.txt and both files that I created in the MYTRAFFIC folder and ran it again "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MyTraffic" it went to the FS9 TRAFFIC folder. My operating sys is WIN XP PRO SP2.

So my question is, whats creating the two files when you run the "DUMP AIRPORT list?" Is this program thats doing it? Well I just ran DUMP AIRPORT list agian and I get the FILE OPEN ERROR. SEE attachments

I have to step out for a few hrs so I''l get back to you later. Thanks

post-3272-128689598456_thumb.jpg

post-3272-128689598479_thumb.jpg

You are sure you want to writze the log file to drice C: and you have a FS9 installation with MyTraffic there? I suspect you want to put the log to F:... too. Note that it isn't used, so you can put it anywhere and give it any name, just be sure not to overwrite anything else...

Okay I'm back now. Honestly I don't now where it's suppose to go, it just shows up like that when I run the DUMP AIRPORT LIST. So I'll change it to F:

Okay I re-ran the DUMP AIRPORT LIST and it compiled the airports. So what do I do with it now? Remember I just want to get traffic at 9DRAGONS KAI TAK. See attached

post-3272-128689598512_thumb.jpg