The simFlight Network Forums
bankheadd

CAN'T GET AI TRAFFIC AT 9 DRAGONS KAI TAK????

Fine, this worked.

Neither in practice nor in theory it is possible to create a traffic for one airport only - every of the flights that come into VHHX come from another airport, and depending on what parkings the airport has here will require a parking of same type to be available and free there some hours before and later - If as example WSSS is 100% full you can program as many SIA flights as you want, they will never show up. Either (using trafficdatabasebuilder since FS2002) these flights don't get compiled at all, or FS wastes a lot of CPU ticks real time on schedules just to check they don't work ( the ttools way )

So addition of a significant airport has significant effects to all airports of the region, and with Gate medium or heavy even world wide ( but maybe in Southern America ).

So, next start MyTraffic.exe with a double click.

Open current database, I assume it will be MT2006V41.myt.

Check the counters for the number of airports.

Now, from the airports menu, select import airports.txt.

After a second, you should see that the counter of airports has increased. If by one or by more depends on what else you have installed.

Select airports - edit airport, and select VHHX. There are a few fields you should set now to modify what will go on. Set the name, set the country to B ( or do you prefer VH :lol: ?) , check the box international. Look for the varible capacity, that is the number of AI flights the airport is able to handle. If you want more, you may need to add more parkings using AFCAD2, but with one runway more than about 320 per day cannot be handled anyway.

Close the edit airports dialog, and save the database under another name best to not overwrite the original. Now select "Create schedules, files and traffic", and MyTraffic Editor will calculate new schedules which are oprimized according to your installed airports, including VHHX. You can leave your computer alone for a while now, it is working.

Okay I just ran the MYTRAFFIC.exe I checked the # of airports, should this # be the same as the # of airports reported by the DUMPAIRPORT LIST? SEE ATTACHED or does it matter?

post-3272-128689598716_thumb.jpg

post-3272-128689598741_thumb.jpg

Alright took a chance and went to next step. My question now is after I SELECT AIRPORT - EDIT AIRPORT-select VHHX I don't see where I would be able to set name, country or checking the box for INTERNATIONAL? SEE ATTACHED to see where I am.

post-3272-128689598765_thumb.jpg

Once your able to edit the airport here is mine, although for FSX should be basically the same.

Your interest would be all the white boxes except the Lat one:

post-14871-128689598793_thumb.jpg

Okay now I'm getting somewhere. In the intructions it says to save the database under another name. how do you save this file, I don't see a menu to save what I've done. Is it the airports.txt file OR airportslog file in the MYTRAFFIC FOLDER?

Well I still don't have aircraft at KAI TAK. What is going on?? see attached. Okay do I have to start over to get this right and if so where about do I start?

Well I couldn'd wait for a response so I ran the MYTRAFFIC.EXE agian and I don't have the same amount of aircrafts as before nor do I have all the info as before. SEE ATTACHED

I guess I'll wait for help this time .

post-3272-128689598815_thumb.jpg

post-3272-128689598839_thumb.jpg

Okay now I'm getting somewhere. In the intructions it says to save the database under another name. how do you save this file, I don't see a menu to save what I've done. Is it the airports.txt file OR airportslog file in the MYTRAFFIC FOLDER?

You'll be saving the database with a .myt extension. The original is named MT2006V41.myt

Refer to my screenshot below, click on File (located upper left).

In the menu that shows click on Save as...

Pick a new name such as MT2006 with VHHX. It will add the extension automatically and save it to the MyTraffic folder.

Note: Disregard the number of airports in my screenshot, I haven't imported any airports in FS9.

post-14871-128689598861_thumb.jpg

So for bankhead again.

You found how to start the editor.

Next, you open a database that contains 100 000 or more informations about this world's Ai traffic and the MyTraffic implemantation of this.

You open the database using the Menu " File -> open" or by pressing the leftmost button which shows the label "Open database".

Now you see what comes with MyTraffic, all aircraft series, types, planes, airports, preferences, prepared schedules, etc, like mike showed you. OK, you are there.

Next, to save the database, use File -> save as or press the second button of the row, and name it as example MXTV51_VHHX.myt - now work on this database and keep the original untouched.

Now, import airports.txt, and you will see that the number will change. The dump airports tool processes all airports - MyTraffic editor only those which have at least one parking position, which is a basic requirement - the rest of airport is only a grass strip or runway.

I find it extremely strange that you have no runways at VHHH. If VHHX addon disables VHHH to work is that intended?

So edit the airport, add the name, the country, make it international, press OK. Save again. Now invoke the create schedules, files and traffic, and you should be fine.

how long did you wait before you new there was no traffic? maybe the traffic has to land first. put the simulation rate up to 4+ and wait for 10 min or so and see if any more traffic lands.

When I look on the number of planes in the above shot of the editor ( Number of planes: 0 ) the time you need to see one is infinite :)

I find it extremely strange that you have no runways at VHHH. If VHHX addon disables VHHH to work is that intended?

I can't speak to Jim Viles FS9 VHHX addon, but his FSX one allows both VHHX and VHHH to operate together.

Here's a few shots of VHHX in FSX:

post-14871-128689598969_thumb.jpg

post-14871-128689598977_thumb.jpg

post-14871-128689598985_thumb.jpg

post-14871-128689598994_thumb.jpg

Burkhard the reason that it's showing 0 is this is after I ran the database a second time because I didn't have any airplanes at the airport. But if you look at an earlier post you will see what I had initially. For VHHH having no rwys the instructions to install KAI TAK have you disable the scenery and add VHHX. If their is away to have both I would prefer that. Now that I have a bunch of zero's in my database what do you recommend ?

Alright I must of screwed something up! I had to re-run DUMP AIRPORT LIST because I thought this would fix the problem with nothing but the number of airports showing up in the MYTRAFFIC database and zero's for everything else. See attached

I ran the dump airport list again and I ensured that I moved the airport.txt from the MYTRAFFIC folder. But I still got just the airports showing up? I hope I haven't screwed up MYTRAFFIC?

post-3272-12868959908_thumb.jpg

post-3272-128689599103_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if this is it, but you may have overwritten the database with an empty database, i.e., you saved the .myt file before opening it and saving it. I've done this once as well.

If you overwrite the database with an empty structure than it will show all zeros. Install MyTraffic again and abort the buildng process.

Are you working with two different databases? If you reinstall MyTraffic that should bring back the original database but It won't bring back the VHHX database that you created. If that one got zeroed then you'll need to create another.

So let me understand. You read the database and get the above counters. Than you make an "airports ->import airports.txt", and all the data are lost? Or do you try to open airports.txt as a new database? I do not see the file airports.txt in the directory listing, didn't you create it there, it should show up in the listing, you cannot import it if it isn't here - but I verified that importing a none existing airports.txt doesn't zero the number of planes...

if still not solved

Please check that you really open the file ( when you open browse up to My computer and than browse down again to the folder you show us ) you assume to open.

Yes for the first two question. Yes their is a airpot.txt file. I even deleted both files AIRPORT.TXT & AIRPORTLOG.TXT BEFORE I re-ran the DUMP AIRPORT LIST for the third time. This question from you "Or do you try to open airports.txt as a new database?" do you mean re-run the DUMP AIRPORT LIST using the same AIRPORTS.TXT list? I've did that as well. But the last thing I tried, was to reinstall MYTRAFFIC and then re-ran everything.The attached files is what I'm getting?

Humm! I just checked the date and time of creation on that airport.txt file and it's the laties one, but why is it showing VHHX? So is this maybe the problem, it's using the same data file. I deleted these file before I re-ran dumpairport? Not to mention I reinstall MYTRAFFIC.

post-3272-128689599244_thumb.jpg

Neither reinstallation of MyTraffic nor creating a second or third airport.txt can be of any good. There must be one tiny thing that we have to find.

It is completely OK that airports.txt displays VHHX. You have it installed, so FSX writes it to the list and we only have to import that to the database. Tha is an operation I do daily since five years and many others have done, never a problem, but it always is a first time.

Could you please do the following:

Start MyTraffic Editor.

Open the database MyTraffic2006V41.myt

Please show us a screen shot of the counters now.

Next execute Airports: Import airports.txt

and show us screen shot of the counters than.

If they look OK, save the databse under another name ( save as), ifnot, don't save and quit the Editor again. In that case we have to look at the airports.txt if there is a bug in there...

Okay when you say start "MyTraffic Editor" are you referring to the MYTRAFFIC APPLICATION with the airplane picture on it?

When you say "Open the database MyTraffic2006V41.myt" are you referring to MYTRAFFIC APPLICATION?

The MyTraffic2006V41.myt file that I have in my folder is a large 75Mb FILE, Is that the one your referring to?

I'm asking these question because want to make sure we are on the same page.

post-3272-128689599387_thumb.jpg

post-3272-12868959941_thumb.jpg

Yes, MyTraffic Editor is the tool to do all scheduleing work. On your screen it is the program MyTraffic2006.exe .

Doouble click to it, and than, in this, open the database you want to use, most likely a copy of MT2006V41.myt.

Do so using file - open or pressing the leftmost button.

Now it should look like on Mikes screen

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68051&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=33 .

Do you get there? Than you are almost through. Import airports.txt, and show us the numbers you see than.