The simFlight Network Forums
bankheadd

CAN'T GET AI TRAFFIC AT 9 DRAGONS KAI TAK????

I finally got aircraft at KAI TAK. I want to thank everyone who respond it to my post with help. I couldn't of got it done with out you all Thanks. See Attached for a nice nite landing of a airbus 300.

post-3272-128689599889_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! The scenery looks great. I downloaded it as well and I'm thinking of installing. If I run into trouble I know who to turn to! ;-)

Congratulations on getting it running! It's a really nice addon, isn't it?

Took me a little while to find the Airbus.

Reminded me of "Where's Waldo?"

Congratulations! The scenery looks great. I downloaded it as well and I'm thinking of installing. If I run into trouble I know who to turn to! ;-)

were do you get it? and is it compatible with fsx?

thank you

I found it over at avsim. There is an fsx version as well. The author is Jim Vile. He also has a new airport scenery for eham which is just fantastic.

thank you. i found two search resaults. witch one is it?

one is

1.Active ILS, Hong Kong Kai Tak - VHHX Ver 1.1

2.Active ILS, VHHX (Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport)

witch one is it?

thank you

I believe you'll need them both. Version 1.1 is an update to fix a frequency I believe. Download them both and unzip both to a temporary directory. The readme should explain how to install. Also check out his other scenery files. I've downloaded all of Jim's scenery and they're excellent.

thank you. i found two search resaults. witch one is it?

one is

1.Active ILS, Hong Kong Kai Tak - VHHX Ver 1.1

2.Active ILS, VHHX (Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport)

witch one is it?

thank you

Actually you need both.

Active ILS, VHHX (Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport) is the main program. (Installed first)

Active ILS, Hong Kong Kai Tak - VHHX Ver 1.1 is a small update to correct the IGS 13 localizer. (Installed second)

Hey boing71234567 if you go to FLIGHTSIM.COM and go to the bottom of the page just above the GOOGLE SEARCH, CLICK on the link that says "see more news items" look to the left and scrow down till you see the 9dragons logo. You may have to login.

thank you but that is for fs2004 and i need it for fsx.

@mbg mike. so if i download those both then i will see the scenery?

Yes, just follow the readme's included in the downloads and remember to activate the scenery in FSX.

If you have worked with zip files before you should have no problem.

If you haven't post back here under a new thread for some help.

i have worked with zip files for downloading airplanes but not scenery. but i know you have to add it to the addon scenery thing in your fsx. i think the instruction are in the readme. ill go check

Hello all, i carefully read all the posts concerning Kai Tak with interest, i use FSX and MyTraffic 5.1b with Vista 32., with Jim Vile Kai tak FSX Scenery installed.I know scenery is installed because of new airport layout and features 8)

I dumped airport list from traffic tool, opened MTX_V51b.myt with editor, imported airport.txt, added VHHX as posted by Mike so now VHHX show on Edit in ICAO as "VHHX Kai Tak I B", saved file has vhhx.myt, closed editor, test, no traffic... :cry:

When i reopened vhhx.myt, VHHX is still there as described :?: Oh, i forgot to add that i did "create all files and traffic " and then "schedules, files and traffic"

What is wrong?

thanks

Alain from Montreal

Hi Alain,

Just out of curiosity, how long did your create all files and traffic run for? Did you see the DOS box while the traffic bgls were being created?

Hi Kagazi, "create all files" was fast, about 3-5 minutes, "Schedules etc" took much longer, left it run for about 30 minutes and went to bed, was finished this morning.... :wink:

Alain from Montreal

Now there should be traffic. You need to schedule to have schedules. Last detail you might want to check if you haveTrafficdatabasebuilder.exe copied to the MyTraffic folder, and if you got 5.1b through the incremental update make a copy of it and name it TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe - now a short Create all files and traffic should do it if you saved the last scheduling.

Alain,

One more small detail. When you added VHHX and you used the editor to view the airport, did you remember to check the box that says "International"? You can see the picture in one of Mike's posts on this thread. I've just added VHHX as well and now I'm creating all "schedules, files and traffic". I'll report back tonight assuming I'm successful.

One tip...

You can use the Departure Time Table button in the editor as a quick way to see if your schedules were created.

Start the editor and load the database.

Press the Departure Time Table button (see Image1).

In the left box type in VHHX or scroll down to it, highlight it, and press the Timetable button (see Image2).

Image3 shows the schedules for VHHX.

post-14871-128689600498_thumb.jpg

post-14871-128689600513_thumb.jpg

post-14871-12868960052_thumb.jpg

Mgbmike, my time table for VHHX looks like yours; :D

Burkhard, i do have TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe in Mytraffic folder, that is the only one, no Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe... :wink:

But still no airplanes on the tarmac! Could it be because of VHHH still active? :oops:

I have traffic at VHHX and VHHH is active. Alain, is this a local problem with VHHX only? If you have departure schedules then you should have planes parked on the tarmac?!? Is VHHH active with traffic?

Boing here's a brief recap of what I did:

1. Downloaded Active Ils VHHX and unzipped and installed per readme installation directions (don't forget to install the fix as well).

2. In fsx activated the VHHX scenery. Placed it below addon scenery folder but above MyTraffic.

3. Went into fsx to a random airport and using the tools menu, traffic toolbox, dump airport list, created new Airports.txt and airportslog.txt files in the Mytraffic folder.

3. Exited fsx and went into the MyTraffic Editor.

4. Opened the MTX_V51b.myt file.

5. Using Airport pull down menu, imported Airports.txt

6. Saved the database but this time I renamed it to VHHX Kai Tak JV Ils.myt

7. Using the Airport pull down menu select edit.

8. In the airport list on the left type in the ICAO code of VHHX.

9 If all has gone well, a screen similar to Mike's on the third page of this thread should show up. Make sure to check "International". The other info comes from the airports.txt file. Press ok and then close and return to main screen of the editor.

10. Using the create pull down menu, create "create all files and traffic". This should take no more than 5 minutes. When it finishes save the newly named VHHX"......".myt database.

11. Using the create pull down menu, create "schedules, files and traffic". This may take more than 3 hours to complete. When it finishes, save the newly named VHHX".......".myt database. Now if you look at the departure schedules at VHHX you should see schedules similar to the one Mike is showing on this page of the thread.

12. Enter fsx and choose VHHX. You should see traffic on the tarmac and enroute. at 50/25 i had 10 movements at VHHX and 2 enroute.

I hope I didn't leave out any steps. I'm not sure if step 10 was necessary but it can't hurt and it worked for me. Good luck!