The simFlight Network Forums
bankheadd

CAN'T GET AI TRAFFIC AT 9 DRAGONS KAI TAK????

Mgbmike, my time table for VHHX looks like yours; :D

Burkhard, i do have TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe in Mytraffic folder, that is the only one, no Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe... :wink:

Part of the problem, I believe, is that their seems to be two Trafficbat.bat files amongst the users.

This file is located in the MyTraffic folder and is used to create the *.bgl's.

If you open it with notepad you'll see it contains a call to either TrafficdatabasebuilderX or Trafficdatabasebuilder.

Depending on which one you see rename the .exe you copied over from the SDK, unless it matches already.

But still no airplanes on the tarmac! Could it be because of VHHH still active? :oops:

I don't think so, I run FSX with both active.

I have traffic at VHHX and VHHH is active. Alain, is this a local problem with VHHX only? If you have departure schedules then you should have planes parked on the tarmac?!? Is VHHH active with traffic?

Boing here's a brief recap of what I did:

1. Downloaded Active Ils VHHX and unzipped and installed per readme installation directions (don't forget to install the fix as well).

2. In fsx activated the VHHX scenery. Placed it below addon scenery folder but above MyTraffic.

3. Went into fsx to a random airport and using the tools menu, traffic toolbox, dump airport list, created new Airports.txt and airportslog.txt files in the Mytraffic folder.

3. Exited fsx and went into the MyTraffic Editor.

4. Opened the MTX_V51b.myt file.

5. Using Airport pull down menu, imported Airports.txt

6. Saved the database but this time I renamed it to VHHX Kai Tak JV Ils.myt

7. Using the Airport pull down menu select edit.

8. In the airport list on the left type in the ICAO code of VHHX.

9 If all has gone well, a screen similar to Mike's on the third page of this thread should show up. Make sure to check "International". The other info comes from the airports.txt file. Press ok and then close and return to main screen of the editor.

10. Using the create pull down menu, create "create all files and traffic". This should take no more than 5 minutes. When it finishes save the newly named VHHX"......".myt database.

11. Using the create pull down menu, create "schedules, files and traffic". This may take more than 3 hours to complete. When it finishes, save the newly named VHHX".......".myt database. Now if you look at the departure schedules at VHHX you should see schedules similar to the one Mike is showing on this page of the thread.

12. Enter fsx and choose VHHX. You should see traffic on the tarmac and enroute. at 50/25 i had 10 movements at VHHX and 2 enroute.

I hope I didn't leave out any steps. I'm not sure if step 10 was necessary but it can't hurt and it worked for me. Good luck!

would that take the traffic out of vhhh?

Hello again, i followed Kagazi method to the letter (changed traffic.bat per mgbmike suggestion before), still no traffic or airplnes on tarmac..... :cry:

I noticed in Jim Vile's original files that there was flight plans in a zip, as it was stated to use TTtools (not compatible with FSX?) i did not bother, could it be it? 8)

Thanks again

Alain from Montreal

Alain: Just to be clear, you shouldn't have changed the .bat file. I believe what Burkhard suggested was if your .bat file was calling for trafficdatabasebuilder"X".exe to rename the .exe file which you copied over from the fsx sdk. The original name of the .exe does not have an "X". If your version of the .bat file is calling for trafficdatabasebuilder.exe without the extra "X" then you don't need to change the name of the .exe file.

You shouldn't use ttools to create AI traffic in fsx unless you're also using a flight plan (schedule) conversion program to convert the fs8/fs9 schedules to fsx format. If you have created AI in fsx using this method this would explain why you don't see traffic at VHHX. If this is not the case then you may want to check to see if you have MyTraffic AI at other nearby airports including VHHH. If yes then we'll need to look a little deeper.

OK, i just redone the whole process with the bat files that where there originally, again following your advice, kagazi :wink:

Still no traffic or airplanes at VHHX but ok at VHHH.... :| i had a doubt so i double checked my addon scenery/scenery folder and found a vhhh.bgl and removed it but still no luck at VHHX :evil:

I never used ttools for FSX as i know those created bgl files are not compatible.

Alain from Montreal

Mgbmike, my time table for VHHX looks like yours; :D

Well, knowing that it appears that the schedules were created OK.

Take a look in the MyTraffic\Scenery folder and see what the dates and times are for the traffic .bgl's, e.g. MyTrafficcommercial.bgl, MyTrafficmil.bgl. They are located at the end of the file list.

If they are still at an earlier date than when you last created traffic for VHHX, then there could be a problem with the trafficbat.bat file.

Have you tried double-clicking the trafficbat.bat file?

If yes, does a DOS box open up and stay open while it creates the .bgl's?

3. Went into fsx to a random airport and using the tools menu, traffic toolbox, dump airport list, created new Airports.txt and airportslog.txt files in the Mytraffic folder.

so just create i new file in the my traffic version 5.1 folder?

Hello mgbmike, my MyTrafficcommercial.bgl was dated of today but MyTrafficmil.bgl is dated 2008-01-17 :oops: when i double click on traffic.bat, it barely flicker (dos window) then shuts :?

Alain from montreal

Hello mgbmike, my MyTrafficcommercial.bgl was dated of today but MyTrafficmil.bgl is dated 2008-01-17 :oops: when i double click on traffic.bat, it barely flicker (dos window) then shuts :?

Alain from montreal

Does the batch file look the same as my screenshot?

And do you have Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe (not TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe) in the MyTraffic folder?

post-14871-128689600786_thumb.jpg

Ok i think we are getting somewhere: i have TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe in FSLive! folder :shock: is it suppose to be in Mytraffic folder without the"X" ??

What do i do next :)

Thanks

Alain From Montreal

so just create i new file in the my traffic version 5.1 folder? look at the picture to show you what i mean.

post-25921-128689600799_thumb.jpg

Ok i think we are getting somewhere: i have TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe in FSLive! folder :shock: is it suppose to be in Mytraffic folder without the"X" ??

What do i do next :)

Thanks

Alain From Montreal

Does your Trafficbat.bat match mine?

If it does copy TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe from your FSLive folder to your MyTraffic folder.

Rename it to Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe (remove the X).

Double-click the Trafficbat.bat file.

The DOS box should stay on the screen for a period of time while it creates the .bgl's

Does your Trafficbat.bat match mine?

If it does copy TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe from your FSLive folder to your MyTraffic folder.

Rename it to Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe (remove the X).

Double-click the Trafficbat.bat file.

The DOS box should stay on the screen for a period of time while it creates the .bgl's

I moved TrafficdatabasebuilderX.exe to MyTraffic folder and renamed (should i leave a copy in FSLive! folder with or without X ?) and double click on trafficbat.bat, everything worked fine and it now is exactly like yours :D

Now both MyTrafficcommercial.bgl, MyTrafficmil.bgl have the same date 8)

Still no traffic at VHHX, should i redo the whole process?

Thanks

Alain from Montreal`

EDIT Victory :mrgreen: I did "create all files and traffic" and i now have movement at VHHX :lol: thanks all for your help, especially Mgbmike and Kagazi :wink:

Hi Boing: Don't create a new folder in MyTraffic. What I was referring to in step 3 was performing a "dump airports list..." in fsx. Check out viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68135 where I show an illustration of how to perform a "dump airports list..."

thanks but i dont know were the airport txt file is. can you give me a picture showing were it is?

thank you

When you perform the "dump airports list..." procedure it will automatically create the Airports.txt file for you. Look at the picture viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68135 and do the same thing within fsx.

ok. but when you click browse and you have to go to the airports txt file and the log file... i cant find those. you have to get it somewere off fsx or my traffic. but i cant find it. thats what im asking.

Browse to your MyTraffic folder. If you don't have the files then just type in their names exactly as shown in the path to your MyTraffic folder and hit begin.

ok that worked and in up until you type in vhhx. were do you type it in?i clicked begin and it cycled through and then i opened my traffic editor and saved it as VHHX Kai Tak JV Ils.myt and then clciked edit and it calculated the space and then im on here. im pretty sure you type in vhhx somewhere here but were? i just typed it randomly and i got to vhhh but no vhhx.

post-25921-128689600855_thumb.jpg

It sounds like you may have missed step 5. Go back into the editor open your .myt file that you created and import the Airports.txt file. Then edit and type in VHHX. You're almost there!