The simFlight Network Forums
bankheadd

CAN'T GET AI TRAFFIC AT 9 DRAGONS KAI TAK????

(should i leave a copy in FSLive! folder with or without X ?)

I don't use FSLive...But I would say yes, keep a copy there.

Below is a screenshot of my FSLive batch file (with the X).

You can open yours with notepad and verify exactly which name you have.

Congrats on getting it running.

post-14871-128689600968_thumb.jpg

FSX knows nothing about the data base. id you run a create "schedules, files and traffic", and did this copy new traffic bgls into the MyTraffic\scenery folder?

Boing: Where you are now try this -

1. Open the VHHX Kai Tak JV Ils.myt file.

2. Using Airport pull down menu, import Airports.txt

3. Save the VHHX Kai Tak JV Ils.myt database

4. Using the Airport pull down menu select edit.

5. In the airport list on the left type in the ICAO code of VHHX.

6 If all has gone well, a screen similar to Mike's on the third page of this thread should show up. Make sure to check "International". The other info comes from the airports.txt file. Press ok and then close and return to main screen of the editor.

7. Using the create pull down menu, create "create all files and traffic". This should take no more than 5 minutes. When it finishes save the newly named VHHX"......".myt database.

8. Using the create pull down menu, create "schedules, files and traffic". This may take more than 3 hours to complete. When it finishes, save the newly named VHHX".......".myt database. Now if you look at the departure schedules at VHHX you should see schedules similar to the one Mike is showing on this page of the thread.

9. Enter fsx and choose VHHX. You should see traffic on the tarmac and enroute. at 50/25 i had 10 movements at VHHX and 2 enroute.

i still didnt work. but how is it going to get the icao coad of vhhx right in there. dont i have to type it in there somewere? i cant just open the file, and import it to airports txt without a icao code.

post-25921-128689601042_thumb.jpg

I can't tell where you are in the list on the previous page, but lets determine one thing first. Go to your MyTraffic folder and look for a file called Airports.txt. Open it using notepad. Do not change anything in this file. Scroll down the airports list until you come across VHHX. I want to confirm that you performed the dump airports list correctly. See picture for a visual.

post-19713-128689601353_thumb.jpg

If this is your Airports.txt file in your MyTraffic folder then you haven't properly performed a "dump airports list..." within fsx. I also notice that your airportslog.txt is empty. You need to take a look at the screen shots and follow exactly what you see in the thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68135 where I show an illustration of how to perform a "dump airports list..."

If you perform this task correctly your Airports.txt file will be filled with airport information. Show me a screen shot of your dump airports list before and after you hit begin.

wait look! i found this airports txt not in the my traffic folder but my documents folder. should i replace the one in the my traffic folder with this? i just chcked, the one in the my traffic folder still doesnt work.

post-25921-128689601444_thumb.jpg

This looks good. Replace the empty Airports.txt file in the MyTraffic folder with the one you're showing here. Also, if you find the airportslog.txt replace that as well.

i already ran the one that goes for 5 min but the one that goes for 3 hours is right now still going and its been 4 1/2 hours. ill just leave it on overnight and ill tell you how it goes in the morning

don't forget to save the database when it completes. Once it's done, look at the info and departures at vhhx to check to see that you have schedules.

Boing do me a favor and take a screen shot of your VHHX airport information page. Go into your editor and open your VHHX database. Choose airport and then edit and type in vhhx in the icao area to the left. The two screen shots that I'm showing are the icao page and the vhhx airport page.

Also, show me a screen shot of your scenery folder where your traffic bgls reside. They should be at the bottom or towards the end. Make sure the date is shown so I can see when they were created.

post-19713-128689601527_thumb.jpg

post-19713-128689601542_thumb.jpg

i can tell you this. i checked the icoa thing (when i checked international airport and made the airport called kai tak) on the one bankhead used. and the lable were it says vhhx 1b looks the same as your picture. ill give you a picture. though tomorrow.

thank you

Since your system is anything but average, instead of running the full "Create schedules..." you can just run the autoschedule ( should be an hour ) and than the Create all files. While this does not fill the airport, it should at least give some traffic.

ok here they are. wait there is the problem.im suppost to add the scenery bgl's for kai tak to that folder. i added them to the addon scenery folder. and then put them in the scenery library in fsx.could that be it?

post-25921-128689601557_thumb.jpg

post-25921-128689601576_thumb.jpg

post-25921-128689601593_thumb.jpg

Dont move that file. When FSX allows you to place yourself to a parking posotion at VHHX, all is fine and don't touch. If there is only a start on a runway, it is not OK.

The editor has created enough schedules now, 300 per day should do it. So if the new MyTrafficcommercial has been built and copied, you should see the traffic now.

Boing your select airport picture for VHHX looks different now from the one you posted earlier. I was actually looking for this picture shown below. I wanted to see if it was being created/changed per your create all files and traffic command. As Burkhard said don't move any .bgl files.

post-19713-128689601613_thumb.jpg

Boing: Something isn't adding up here. According to your picture, your MyTraffic.....bgl files are showing a created date of 1/24/08. I thought your ran create all schedules, files and traffic yesterday? I believe the date should be 1/30/08 unless I'm missing something here. Look into your MyTraffic folder and tell me the spelling of your trafficdatabasebuilder.exe file. Is there an "X" after builder? Then open your traffic.bat file and tell me what the spelling is of the trafficdatabasebuilder is. Is there an X after builder?